Cornwall Football Forum

Welton Rovers v. Truro City thread

Result:

Welton 1-2 Truro

Goals from Watkins, including a late equalizer. Exciting start! Skinner came on for an injured Power and got sent off, City pulls it out, even reduced to ten men.

Thanks to those relaying the updates! More to come, I'm sure.

starting with the likes of skinner and vercesi truro can only hope to scrape results this season. arguably the finest player in cornwall in justin harrington not even on the pitch!!!! was he in the squad???? leonard has his blinkers on in signing players not good enough for tiverton. how come suddenluy they are starters for truro, a team hoping to leapfrog tiverton?

Without a doubt we will be in a league that is a lot stronger then we encountered last season and Willand defiantly laid proof to that, you need to be tested regularly and that was lacking last year. Also I'm sure that we lost a few spectators last season just because it became so predictable week in week out although our average attendance once again rose very healthily.

So City started with a win and with our next two matches at home they will look to maintain the momentum before we enter the F.A.Cup on September 1st .

Reply to SBRUGBY

If you were at the game like I was you would have seen that Both Vercesi and Skinner worked their socks off as well as all the other Truro players out there. Skinner is a young lad who still has a lot of learning to do and Vercesi played in a deeper role than he's used to but still managed to be the best passer of the ball in midfield. The squad is extreemly strong and to knock any player at this stage of the season is so unprofessiional. Even if its just your opinion why not keep it shut for the time being or will you be knocking a player every week on this thread ???

fireman, i will simply be knocking players that are clearly not good enough. im sure it wont be different people every week, more than likely those two most of the time. these are only my opinions, and although they may not match yours i am still entitled to air them on this opinion based public forum. im sorry i ive picked on one of your boys ;)

Thank you, mods, for the sub-forum. Now the Judge need never read about Truro City again, as he can just skip this category!

As the scores become available, I'm sure they'll be posted here.

"Judge "Who's the Judge? he won't look at this site it will hurt him to much, is he the person who wanted to keep Truro off the forum, oh dear it seems that he has failed again ^_^ Hammers :clapper::thumbsup::c: :c:

Bit late in responding to above but I cannot see after one game that you can be so biased. You say its your opinion and you will continue to knock these two players, well what sort of football supporter are you then!!! Even the most ardent supporter can be seen to change his opinion based on performances, give them a chance. If you have ever played the game you would understand that it takes a little time for new players to bed in. I am sure the rest of the squad wouldn't like to meet too many supporters like you. Just look at the way the Truro players defend each other on the park in a match situation and you will see there is no room at the club for someone so bitchy as you. We have a great squad of players and each when given an opportunity are able to add to the team performace, otherwise Lenny wouldn't have brought them to the club. If he heard your comments he would be fuming !! I agree to a point you have a right to your opinion, however your comments, I believe are in bad taste made worse because you say you will not change your mind about these two players. Best you take over and pick the side yourself, you seem to know lots more than the management team!!

Sbruby & Fireman,

Boxing gloves on already What size do you both take,?

But to be honest, if I was a judge at this Fight I would have to award the points to Fireman,

as he has a very valid point, some players who start off the season not playing very well could end up being the backbone of the Squad,

so boys let us call a truce on this one.

Hammers. :thumbsup:B):c: :c:

Well done Hammers for bringing it to a satisfactory conclusion. We all are shouting for the team to do well in this new league so I agree 'in fighting' is not the way forward. Inflamatory comments always spark a fierce response from many folk, I perhaps fall into that catagory!! No harm mean't.

See you all at the match on saturday. You will recognise me cause I've taken off the boxing gloves!!!!