Guest Helston Patriot

Helston 1st 5 v 1 Falmouth 3rds

1-1 HT

Scorers were (in order)

Phil Black

Reg Pearson

Rob Eddy

Liam Eddy 2

We were poor first half but credit to Falmouth they were definately more up for it!! Second half i think we controlled and it could of been bit more.

Well played Falmouth :thumbsup: , ROLL ON MOUSE-HOLE!! :D

Port were different class for the 1st half with a Tom Wadsworth hat-trick. Found it a lot tougher second half and Goonhavern were gifted two goals. That made more of a game of it as Port eased off , and were guilty of some missed chances to kill the game off . The fourth went to Graham Cook with a tap in.

Overall a good workout and a good confidence booster for the season ahead . :clapper: :thumbsup:

Roche 1(Geach) - 3 St Austell

Roche: Barbery, Osborne, Hambly, Hopper, Julian, Geach, Osborne, Osborne, Giltjes, Manuell, Geach.

Subs all used: Julian, Newnes, Wright, Cole, Gummow, Stevenson.

Roche found themselves a goal down after 3min with a quick taken corner, when a good ball was played into the box and brilliantly headed in by Saints headband forward. Unfortunately i don't know his name but he certainkly had an excellent game. Roche deservedly equalised with a 20 yard shot from Andy Geach. Saints again took the lead with a freekick from 25 yards, although we had a couple of 1 on 1's which went begging. This was the score at half time. Roche started the second period well and had a couple of chances to equalise but again finishing let them down. Saints scored there 3rd with 25 mins fromt h same player who got there first, although we are disappointed to have conceded from a defensive point of view with a long ball down the middle. Carl Cocks and Dave Hooper had solid games for the saints as did there left back although he never stops moaning or bitching throughout the 90 mins.

The game was played in a good manner although there were one or two late challenges. Saints should have been down to 10 men with 20 mins left when through on goal Shaun Hambly was taken out by defender Dave Grose. Roche hit the bar with 5 min left when 17 year old Alex Cole was through on goal and crosses by John Newnes and Rob Giltjes both went begging when they deceived the keeper but with noone there to tap in.

St Austell work rate was good and they seem to have a togetherness which i think they will need in the coming weeks. We would like to wish them well.

Roche however can feel a bit disappointed after they created several chances and kept Saints at bay for the majority of the game.

I would like to say well done to the referee for his part in an entertaining game

"sta should have gone down to 10 men"

if it was a league game roche would have been down to about 8, far too many horible challenges goin in with st austell forced to play a 14 year old (who went off injured himself) and a sub keeper outfield, despite havong 3 subs , this was due to the amount of injuries, as for the " long ball" 3rd goal , it was an 1 -2 between the haedband foward HARRY POPE and myself with him hitting his shotin the top corner from outside the box.To be fair roche had a gameplan and stuck to it, were unlucky to come away with nothing as they were probably the better side 1st half, good luck for the season .

Thanks Kev, thats the straightest you've kicked a ball in years !!!!!! Yes I was a bit disapointed with us but when you have 8 people pulling out over the day we just managed to muster 11 of which 6 were 1st team and most playing in wrong positions. All credit to Port they played some good football and look s**t hot going forward Wadsworth, Cooke and Fox look a good forward line. The 2nd half we reshuffled and played alot better and Jonesy got 2 goals but Port throughly deserved their win, and the pitch was superb. I think they may be a surprise package this year top 8 without a shadow of a doubt. Good luck Kevin.

I wanted my son Ben to play in a couple of pre season games but was told that because he was 15 and a half that the CCFA wouldn't allow it, So how can St Austell play a 14 year old ??

Can't see where you thought we should have had 3 sent off. The young lad unfront got caught by our keeper which i agree but both went in feet first your player came off worse, hope he his okay.

I must agree with chairman apparently he his only 15 which means you are in breach a fa rule regarding juniors, get someone to check his availability cause you may get docked points if he plays.

Yes the game was hard but saints made far more late challenges in the first half with the referee doing nothing about it. We just got stuck in 2nd period and 1 or 2 of your players didn't like it.

Apoligies it was a good header on to the lad pope who put it away very well.

A lot of neutrals thought it was a very entertaining game so good luck for the season. We are not a dirty side infact we sometimes lack a little agressiveness.

The only down side last night was the constant bitching of your left back for everything.

good luck for the season number 9

Guest stealth

ILOGAN (1ST/2ND) V CHACEWATER 3 PLENTY OF CHANCES CREATED BY BOTH TEAMS, BUT CHACEWATER TAKIN THERE 3 GOALS WELL, AND DEFENDED WELL IN THE LATER STAGES OF THE GAME.

Thanks Kev, thats the straightest you've kicked a ball in years !!!!!! Yes I was a bit disapointed with us but when you have 8 people pulling out over the day we just managed to muster 11 of which 6 were 1st team and most playing in wrong positions. All credit to Port they played some good football and look s**t hot going forward Wadsworth, Cooke and Fox look a good forward line. The 2nd half we reshuffled and played alot better and Jonesy got 2 goals but Port throughly deserved their win, and the pitch was superb. I think they may be a surprise package this year top 8 without a shadow of a doubt. Good luck Kevin.

I wanted my son Ben to play in a couple of pre season games but was told that because he was 15 and a half that the CCFA wouldn't allow it, So how can St Austell play a 14 year old ??

john cant belive bens 15,when you helped me out he was only a nipper,time flys a mate :clapper:

Thursday night friendly

Roche Reserves 1-3 Threemilestone 1st

An entertaining game at Trezaise where the home side upped their game against the higher league opponnets, 3milestone started the brighter but Roche edged their way into the game and for periods dominated posession with new signings Steve Masters, Tristan Smith and Paul Blackie making a good impression.Roche led at half time with a well taken goal from Chris Julian, which came via good work from Malcolm Thomas, Masters and Alan Meades and if it wasnt for fine keeping Roche should have gone in at half time a couple up.Yet again numerous 2nd half changes thwarted the home side and the side seem to lose their way and a well taken free kick bursted the back of the net for 3 milestone to equalize, this woke the home side up but they couldnt retake the lead, and when Roche defender Thomas scored an own goal time was running out for Roche and a double save from " Jack the Cat" Barbery was finally chipped in by Marc Taylor which was the final nail in the coffin, all credit to Phil Pascoe and the boys who look a well organised outfit,also good luck to em in their quest for glory.

And again well done to Roche, 2nd game in and looking somthing like it

Roche: Barbery, Thomas, Martins,Blackie, Higgins,Smith,Blount,Meades, Omahony,Julian, Masters

Subs: Kessell,Rance,Lean,Crowle,Julian®,Buckingham(player manager)