Cornwall Football Forum

Tuesday Results

Guest Dermot

Hayle Reserves (Combo) 1-4 Penzance (SWPL)

For Pz Jowan May hat-trick and other from Danny Magee

Hayle ??

Pz 1-0 up till half-time through a JoJo blast from 15yds. Then Hayle scored just after the break (didn't see it as was looking away). Then Wayne Quinn started putting the ball across the box for Jowan to get 2 more. Both from inch perfect crosses right onto Jowan's feet and head. Danny's goal was a run from the right beat a couple of defenders then in.

Good game.

Dissapointing crowd of about 40 but a good pint at half-time.

BODMIN (SWPL) 4-0 ST DAY (JCCL)

great game all round, good bit of banter and played in good spirit, bodmin were two up inside the first ten mins as the saints took a while to get started. we neve let our heads go down and went in at half time 3-0 down.

second half the saints got into the game more and at times looked as if they were the swpl side, i was proud to be the captain for the night and would like to personally thank bodmin for fulfilling this fixture which has become a regular pre season friendly for us over the last couple of years and i would like to wish them all the very best for the forthcoming season.

the game was reffereed very well also.

Guest Peppermint

I saw the St Columb Major/ Wadebridge game and thought St Columb gave a good account of themselves.

I did not know that Newquay Combination League team had a friendly last night but the result must have been a little worrying for Carl.

Newquay First Team play Perranporth tonight and need to win to take some momentum into the new season.

I feel both Newquay sides are suffering from the ability to put the chances away and score some goals.

Not too concerned about the results peppermint - or the failure to convert chances. I have not really had a full quota of players for most of our games due to holidays and work commitments but they are starting to become available again. I have not been able to field 11 players for the last 2 games !!!! which doesnt help !

Also, the first team are carrying a large squad right now - and one or two will step down come the start of the season, I am sure.

We will be fine for the new season - stronger than we have been for years - and if you are down to see us on Friday, I hope we can appease your critical eye.

We were awful on tuesday...but thats not taking anything away from Storm who I believe would finish top six in the combo with ease. Friendlies are about trying things and fitness. We dont have the settled side other teams have going into the season because of the changes in the first team set up but me and Matt will get them ready for the big KO - 18th August away at champions Illogan.

Anyway, its only a game.Shankley said it was more important than life and death - or something similar - but he probably died a lonely unfulfilled man. Didnt Neil Warnock say "managing adds AGE and ARRRRGHHHH to MAN" ?

Beware the wounded peppermint. Growl...

Guest Peppermint

Chill out Carl. Even my dog could work out that Newquay need players to find the back of the net on a regular basis. I was pleased to see the First Team score 4 last night and it will do their confidence good. Hopefully the Reserves will score plenty of goals tomorrow evening.

As you say it is only a game and I hope that Newquay's teams can achieve success.