Cornwall Football Forum

Any transfer rumours yet???

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due 2 budget decrease hence why curtis and edwards have gone 2 torpoint,Liskeard players going to Torpoint and Saltash

Vospers players moving across to liskeard with burgess

James Gill, Chris Curran, Ash Forbes, Ash Pook, Jamie Pook all going with Bunney

Most teams have a 30 man squad fella

1st and 2nd team

Except liskeard

Don't think the 1st and 2nds get on

Define "getting on"

MQ x

With Martin in charge of the first team and Martin in charge of the seconds they are bound to get on and once again Liskeard will be a club

Due 2 budget decrease hence why curtis and edwards have gone 2 torpoint,Liskeard players going to Torpoint and Saltash

Vospers players moving across to liskeard with burgess

James Gill, Chris Curran, Ash Forbes, Ash Pook, Jamie Pook all going with Bunney

ash pook liskeard

jamie pook dodwalls

cant see ash forbes and curran playing in the peninsula prem

Also can see ashley o'rourke going to liskeard after the epic events of the vospers presentation!!!

Constantly hear Burgess gonna take all his Vosper's players to Liskeard with him . . . . . who's really upto the jump in standard??

Souness could do a job at right back I guess. Simmo would need to lose 2 or 3 stone and find a yard in pace. Young Ash at left back is no Jewell that's for sure. Robbie Almond yes. Joe Jasper yes but heard at weekend moving abroad. Dan Discombe going America on scholarship thing. Stu Fort not ready for Prem in my opinion as only just jumped up from East Cornwall last season . . . . So who are all these players that are following him ??

He phoned Josh Notman on Saturday when we were all in a pub in Cardiff on Dobwalls end of season trip which was quite funny. Josh is moving to Swindon in July with his old man so he wont be signing.

Take nothing away from Vospers and Burge's group of loyal players but we played them twice last season and they were a couple of goals better than us so all I'm questioning is how many of them are good enough to make a difference to a Liskeard team that were top 6 for most of last season!?

Only player definitely leaving Dobwalls is Matt Thackery who wants to join Callington after approach.

Matty Hawes has promised to stay.

Josh Nottman moving away.

Phil Bromhead having his head turned and tempted to try at higher level but says wants to stay with us for one more season if we get 4 or 5 more experienced player's in and have a go next year . . . . . which is exactly what we are doing.

figure of 8 you say Vospers where only better than you by a couple goals (Dobwalls), what about the rest of the games that season.

Dobwalls finished mid table again, and thats the best they can hope for next year after losing couple of key players. Vospers where way clear of Dobwalls so you cant compare teams!

to be fair to Burgy he deserves this chance hes improved Vospers every season. They even beat Champions Newquay away this season not many sides doing that.

Im sure Martin will add to his Liskeard squad, hopefully keep a few there already and mix that with 4/5 ex vospers lads and there be a awkward side to beat.

thing is everyone expects success in the first season, dont happen!! not his fault if lads wanna chase money or want to move on. everyone needs time to shape a side, get the right lads in and stamp his style of football on them.

Well said fella

Dobwalls were very poor last season and to be honest were lucky to finish mid table, figure of 8, can you teach dobwalls to pass the ball and not always go long?

Martin has done a superb job at vospers bear in mind he's had no money and pretty much no committee to work with etc

Wow wow wow . . . . Al capone and Pro need to slow down a little. This thread is about "transfers" not a comparism between Vospers and Dobwalls.

I completely agree and admit that Vospers have been better than us over the last 2 year's . . . we took 1 point of em in 4 games and they have finished top 4 this year where as we slipped to 10th.

But my question concerning "transfers" was who will Burge be taking from Vospers with him that's all. I simply pointed out that we played Vospers twice last season and they beat us both times by a couple goals. I thought they worked hard and earnt the points by battling but definitely not outplaying us!!

They weren't technically brilliant.

So all I was asking or wandering was which players are ready to make the step up to make a difference at Liskeard next season.

I also admire the job Burge did at Vospers and wish him well in his new position.

This site encourages opinion's and mine is that only 2 or 3 could walk out of Vospers team last season and straight into the Liskeard set up and compete for places. . . . .

Getting Landricombe's there would be massive. Sure Elburton boss may have something to say about that though. Budget will decide that one me thinks !!

Rumour has it Penryn have lost their keeper.

And rumour has it, St.Austell have just signed a new keeper.

Big goss out da tine us that mr Steven jeweller had worked his magic man again and persuaded ma main man and big mate kyle winno winnan out of goalkeeping retirement to take da número UNO jersey at penryn he be da best young keeper around and will be da great signing for les new management at kernick.

Let's ope his old man is okay dokay wid dust decision as he gone and lost a quality right back in da process can e replace da boy winno

These are wat I've heard so far demo lewis Russell matt godfree rich maddison to saltash. Mark berry callum martindale warren daw to parkway Danny zallick tom blackler shane jewel to newquay Darren hicks Martin piper shane white tom barwell to torpoint adam carter sam chitty to buckland lee doel to bodmin Ben smallridge Ryan lucassi to ivybridge

You have been busy Barry , iv pretty much heard the same other than carter and Chitty to buckland as I believe carter is staying with Bodmin. Also barwell to torpoint would be a strange one or is that the classic case of edwards & curtis introducing their mates

You have been busy Barry , iv pretty much heard the same other than carter and Chitty to buckland as I believe carter is staying with Bodmin. Also barwell to torpoint would be a strange one or is that the classic case of edwards & curtis introducing their mates

Sam Chitty to Buckland - Is that a wind up?!

These are wat I've heard so far demo lewis Russell matt godfree rich maddison to saltash. Mark berry callum martindale warren daw to parkway Danny zallick tom blackler shane jewel to newquay Darren hicks Martin piper shane white tom barwell to torpoint adam carter sam chitty to buckland lee doel to bodmin Ben smallridge Ryan lucassi to ivybridge

All those Players going to Saltash, who is leaving Saltash ?? With all these players they are allegedly signing if no players leave they are gonna have a squad of 25-30 players !!!

First SWPL Transfers confirmed on SWPL Site ... http://www.swpleague.co.uk/Stats_%26_Facts

001 Justin Miles From : Penryn Athletic To : Perranporth

002 Reg Pearson From : Porthleven To : Perranporth

003 Liam Streat From : Penryn Athletic To : Perranporth

004 Kayne Trevaskis From : Penryn Athletic To : Perranporth

005 Dale Band From : Truro City To : Penryn Athletic

006 Patrick Shaughnessy From : Truro City To : Penryn Athletic

007 Adam Trudgian From : Foxhole Stars To : St Dennis

008 Jordan Willmott From : Foxhole Stars To : St Dennis

009 Jason Peters From : Penryn Athletic To : St Austell

010 Carl Rickard From : St Dennis To : St Austell

011 Tony Ali From : Exeter Civil Service To : Cullompton Rangers

012 Thomas Broome From : Exeter Civil Service To : Cullompton Rangers

013 Dean Harris From : Newquay To : Perranporth

014 William Scoley From : Penryn Athletic To : Perranporth

015 Ace High From : Alphington To : Exmouth Town

016 Liam Jones From : Liverton United To : Exmouth Town

FIGURE OF 8Seem as you have a great history of doing well at clubs i.e lanreth and pensilva (both relagation all but) perhaps you could help burgess with some of your knowledge of finding some decent talent to help him instead of critising his potential signings. A lot of your comments of late have been harsh on players and managers last season and already this season, only my opinion but I would always get my own house in order/management before commenting on others. Possibly your trying to run before mastering walking!!!!!

Rumours I've stumbled across from the SWPL West are:

Sean Johnston: Truro to Penryn

Pat Shaughnessy: Truro to Penryn

Kirk Davis: Penryn to Helston

Edd Timmins: Porthleven to Truro

Justin Searle: Porthleven to Truro

Matt Fox: Porthleven to Helston

Jordan Adlard: Porthleven to Helston

Chris Strike: Porthleven to Helston

Reg Pearson: Porthleven to Perranporth

Thats the word on the street down Wendron way anyway. If its true though Porthleven are going to have sign some players smartish :excl:

Any other transfer rumours from the SWPL West fellas?

sounds like there are a lot of players leaving porthleven and very little talk of anyone coming in! any news?