Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Promotions/Relegations?

Reading the North Devon rules and using it in the Trelawney league is very close to what I have been posting! But very few of you can actually see through it!

What I am getting at is that as far as some people are concerned(not quoting team names) The team that finished second from bottom of the premier league this year is likely to be re-placed by the team that finished 3rd from the top of div 1 and that team is stronger than the premier league side.But there is no proof to this whatsoever only peoples views.So are you actually strengthening your premier league? no-one can be sure,therefore both premier teams got to where they are on merit where as teams that finished 3rd 4th did,nt actually qualify for promotion to take their place.

According to the NDR

Carharrack this season would NOT be relegated as there are two vacancies one of which would be offered to them.The second vacancy would be allocated to the team finishing third from top of div 1.

This would be far fairer than the set up that has been running for quite a few years from the old Fal/Hel league carried into the Trelawney league.I for one have been to many Fal/Hel AGM and I can asure you that on occasions (depending on the teams involved) these rules have not beem applied I can even remember when Constantine were offered to stay in the div 1 or drop to div 2 this choice was given on the night.

Last note is that one day it maybe your club that is in the same situation and I can guarantee that all those that are proud of their clubs will be fighting their corner in this scenario. And No I am nothing to do with either club involved in this years relegtaion places

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the id cards might help stop the movement of players so much? They could do what they do in cricket, you sign for a team and you are with that team until you want to leave could be 3months, could be 5years? It does annoy me when a group of players get a team promoted and win cups etc then they disappear together leaving a team having to rebuild completley, Portreath springs to mind over the last 5years, won leagues got to combo and got let down by a mass exodus of players

i was referring to teams being good one season and then not good enough the next. Nobody wins anything for the possibilty of being a good side next season

The problem we have in local leagues is that there isn't much loyalty really. Ludgvan get relegated from Combo one year, then have a decent team the following year which would have comfortably survived in the combo the following year.

You're lucky at Helston with a solid bunch of players that are happy to play at the lower level on offer. You also have a fantastic club and set up, I'll give you that. But there were times a few years ago when the 2nds weren't so close to the first team and were struggling.

i was referring to teams being good one season and then not good enough the next. Nobody wins anything for the possibilty of being a good side next season

The problem we have in local leagues is that there isn't much loyalty really. Ludgvan get relegated from Combo one year, then have a decent team the following year which would have comfortably survived in the combo the following year.

You're lucky at Helston with a solid bunch of players that are happy to play at the lower level on offer. You also have a fantastic club and set up, I'll give you that. But there were times a few years ago when the 2nds weren't so close to the first team and were struggling.

Not sure how long ago you are referring to so I wont argue with you on that point but Helston as a club has worked very hard to create a place both with facilities and atmosphere etc that makes players want to stay and play - regardless of which team. People still dont believe that players dont get paid at Helston except for travelling expenses in the first team and when we have social functions it is both teams together. Yes we have "names" playing in both sides but it really is because they want to play. Perhaps clubs/managers should ask themselves why players move en bloc but I can think of managers and their assistants who get on the merri-go -round too.

Yes, you could say Helston is lucky but you do make your own luck!!!

I for one would not really want to manage anywhere else - not that anyone else would have me - and loyalty I hope is reciprocated

Thats cos you've got it fairly easy at Helston Le Boss, cos you've also got a successful team.

I'm talking 7 or 8 years ago, I remember us going down there with St Agnes Reserves and winning 5-1 against a pretty poor reserve team. But you now have a club with lots of local players, and mates, which helps, and certainly have a good blue print for others.

With regards to paying players, all teams put it down as expenses don't they??? some teams, probably don't even pay that!

Thats cos you've got it fairly easy at Helston Le Boss, cos you've also got a successful team.

I'm talking 7 or 8 years ago, I remember us going down there with St Agnes Reserves and winning 5-1 against a pretty poor reserve team. But you now have a club with lots of local players, and mates, which helps, and certainly have a good blue print for others.

With regards to paying players, all teams put it down as expenses don't they??? some teams, probably don't even pay that!

Not getting into that - no matter what I say wont be believed.

As for easy - I am not sure what you mean? How do you think we achieved that success?? If it was magic then I would be in great demand. But sadly I am not. As for players being mates - yes they are now cos of the atmosphere created.

Bet the side that beat or reserves 5-1 all that time ago is not the side now playing - even I was playing then I think.

Thats what I'm saying! it was different back a few years ago. It takes a while to build up a decent team. the first and second team wouldn't have been so close back then

Helston have it easier than others at their level of Junior football because of the club that they are. You'd get players coming wanting to play for you, because its Helston, where teams like say, Stithians, St Kevern, Madron, Ruan Minor, all have to go looking for players and putting the feeders out.

when people talk about being paid on here, I think they mean expenses. So basically only the driver gets £20 or whatever if the team are away to Vospers Oak Villa or somewhere the like? no problem with that at all.

Thats what I'm saying! it was different back a few years ago. It takes a while to build up a decent team. the first and second team wouldn't have been so close back then

Helston have it easier than others at their level of Junior football because of the club that they are. You'd get players coming wanting to play for you, because its Helston, where teams like say, Stithians, St Kevern, Madron, Ruan Minor, all have to go looking for players and putting the feeders out.

when people talk about being paid on here, I think they mean expenses. So basically only the driver gets £20 or whatever if the team are away to Vospers Oak Villa or somewhere the like? no problem with that at all.

that is exactly what happens with expenses

you usually find that 'village' sides are much tighter as a unit because in the best possible way meant, they have a village community spirit.

dont forget there are lots of Combo teams around us who can offer such football and try to tempt our players away but i know what you mean

Markw Can't for the life of me work out your post referring to the teams that are to be relegated are not good enough to play in the premier league.IF the two teams that pulled out had infact stuck the season out albeit with the lack of players or players not good enough to play in the premier league then I am sure they would have been in the relegation places and both Mousehole and Carharrack would be safe. But in your eyes a team that were clearly not good enough to occupy the promotion places in div1 are infact good enough to be promoted to the premier league. c'mon get your brain in gear here mate.

Le boss your post "I don't think you can legislate for things that may or may not happen" how ridiculous is that comment as you are supposing that being third in div 1 makes you better than 3rd from bottom of the premier league get real mate you may walk the lower divisions but when Helston move up (which I am sure they will) and you have a difficult game every week instead of three easy then one not so easy as it was last season for you, I am sure you will see how difficult leagues are to win especially when you have a couple of players out and you have to face a good side.

St Darren has been around for a while and is spot on with his posts, players do move alot and I am sure when players realize that they should always play to their highest standard for as long as possible even more will move on. With Helston 1st recruiting more players in their bid for promotion I am sure le boss will have a headache trying to keep players from Helston that are willing to drop down happy with the great side he has already assembled.

Markw Can't for the life of me work out your post referring to the teams that are to be relegated are not good enough to play in the premier league.IF the two teams that pulled out had infact stuck the season out albeit with the lack of players or players not good enough to play in the premier league then I am sure they would have been in the relegation places and both Mousehole and Carharrack would be safe. But in your eyes a team that were clearly not good enough to occupy the promotion places in div1 are infact good enough to be promoted to the premier league. c'mon get your brain in gear here mate.

Le boss your post "I don't think you can legislate for things that may or may not happen" how ridiculous is that comment as you are supposing that being third in div 1 makes you better than 3rd from bottom of the premier league get real mate you may walk the lower divisions but when Helston move up (which I am sure they will) and you have a difficult game every week instead of three easy then one not so easy as it was last season for you, I am sure you will see how difficult leagues are to win especially when you have a couple of players out and you have to face a good side.

St Darren has been around for a while and is spot on with his posts, players do move alot and I am sure when players realize that they should always play to their highest standard for as long as possible even more will move on. With Helston 1st recruiting more players in their bid for promotion I am sure le boss will have a headache trying to keep players from Helston that are willing to drop down happy with the great side he has already assembled.

You should look at the results Topcat - only Illogan beat us from the higher leagues - the other sides were not all that in either the premier league and the first division. As for being around a bit - I think 33 years in local football is not bad - my cat is blacker than your cat eh?

Division 2 was a walk in the park for you by the sounds of it, and so will div 1 be i,m sure. In fact I don,t think anyone could possibly touch Helston reserves especially if you keep trying to promote teams that you know you can beat. Never get into a debate on time in football as my i,m afraid been there done that springs to mind infact winning the combo with town this year was as good as winning with town in 1984 lol

Division 2 was a walk in the park for you by the sounds of it, and so will div 1 be i,m sure. In fact I don,t think anyone could possibly touch Helston reserves especially if you keep trying to promote teams that you know you can beat. Never get into a debate on time in football as my i,m afraid been there done that springs to mind infact winning the combo with town this year was as good as winning with town in 1984 lol

For someone in a far far superior league, I am surprised you lower yourself to talk about lowly junior football ha ha

Le Boss for someone thats "been around" for such a long time in football I,m very surprised that you have yet to work the structure of cornish football out yet. SWPL - the old SWL / WPL - the old Combo lge/ Combo lge-the old Fal/Hel Div 1 Now Trelawney Premier/Trelawney Premier - Fal/Hel Div2/Trelawney DIV 1 - Fal/Hel div 3/ Trelawney Div2- Fal/Hel div 4.

I along with some of the best players in football, I played alot of football in the Junior ranks and it has been really good and enjoyable even when I played for Helston!!!!!!!!!!!

topcat i do get were you are coming from but !! surely a team that has won more than it lost should have the chance over a team that has struggled over a season.otherwise you would not allow a young player to progress through your club because the incumbant team has been there seen it and done it,just struggled to get anywhere.so why not give them one more season to prove themselves again ???? :drink: :ninja:

Markw Can't for the life of me work out your post referring to the teams that are to be relegated are not good enough to play in the premier league.

- Because they are bottom of the table.

IF the two teams that pulled out had infact stuck the season out albeit with the lack of players or players not good enough to play in the premier league then I am sure they would have been in the relegation places and both Mousehole and Carharrack would be safe.

- Assumptions, however probable, have no value. These teams may have won the league.

On a side note I don't understand why Penryn were aloud to play in div 3 instead

But in your eyes a team that were clearly not good enough to occupy the promotion places in div1 are infact good enough to be promoted to the premier league. c'mon get your brain in gear here mate.

Did I say this in my post? You don't seem to understand the concept of promotion relegation, its a system of sorting. The teams at the bottom go down, and the teams at the top go up, after another season the same happens again. If a promoted team is not good enough, they get relegated next year.

My personal view being the manager of Perranwell in div1 is that the top 4 teams in Div 1 are all sufficient quality for the premier division. Besides the fact that it is the only logical way to make up the numbers.

i spoke to will hosking the other day and with the agm next week he said is most likely to end up with top 2 divisions at 14 and the rest 16 teams scrapping the 6 division so work out is in what league so we can get a clearer picture

Markw being manager of Perranwell will obviously make you biased, But in saying that at the start of the season did you not know that only two teams were to be promoted? you finished outside of these places and like it or not you failed to make promotion therefore does,nt matter how good you feel your team is you do not deserve to be promoted on this seasons performances. You have not played either Mousehole or Carharrack to determine if you are infact any better than them. If you feel this is the only way to make a league up in numbers I suggest you take a look at every other league in the country and none of them adopts this ridiculous ruling. if next season you get promoted and find yourself in the same predicament as both the clubs above I will be the first on here to defend the fact that you too should not be relegated. the ruling is 100% wrong!

The ruling is far from 100% wrong. The ruling states that 2 sides shall also be relegated from each division. My personal opinion is that sides finishing in 3rd/4th should get promoted. If they're not good enough at that level then they'll soon get found out and no doubt be relegated the following season

Kev,

I clearly stated that it was a personal opinion that the teams in 3rd and 4th should be promoted, and while my opinion is based on sound logic, it is just my opinion.

What is clear is that the teams that finish bottom deserve to be relegated, just as much as the teams at the top deserve to be promoted, and I think you will find that every league in the country operates in this manner!

To be totally honest I am finding it difficult to make much sense from your posts.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Not technically true just yet

Yes Holmans and Penzance will be joining Trelawny Prem. Goonhavern and Ludgvan have both gone up to combo

The combo agm is on Thursday the number of teams relegated to trelawny premier will be confirmed then

The ruling is far from 100% wrong. The ruling states that 2 sides shall also be relegated from each division. My personal opinion is that sides finishing in 3rd/4th should get promoted. If they're not good enough at that level then they'll soon get found out and no doubt be relegated the following season

Hi Mjs, And at the Agm was it decided that each division would be made up of 14 teams and what you say is the bottom two (13th and 14th) would be relagated? therefore if you finished 11th 12th you were safe? if you can change the rules after the Agm what is the point of us turning up each year? probably see you tomorrow at the agm, although i don't expect my view to be the majority view!

I'm sure the Trelawney committee would of met last week and discussed all the options and will have there preferred plan for next season. Although my view might be different from theirs, i will be supporting their proposal, and hope their is a rule change for future seasons.

roll on the AGM where i for one will be arguing the merits/dissadvantages of reinstation between senior and junior football.In my limited time as perranporth reserves manager this has been the BIGGEST bane of my tenure.This is because we have our firsts in senior and our reserves in junior and i would like to give the injured firsts a run but I CANNOT because i`m only allowed to play two RE-INSTATED PLAYERS which costs 6 quid by the way per player...which is why perranporth reserves will be aiming to achieve combo status within 3 seasons.UP THE PILCHARDS

roll on the AGM where i for one will be arguing the merits/dissadvantages of reinstation between senior and junior football.In my limited time as perranporth reserves manager this has been the BIGGEST bane of my tenure.This is because we have our firsts in senior and our reserves in junior and i would like to give the injured firsts a run but I CANNOT because i`m only allowed to play two RE-INSTATED PLAYERS which costs 6 quid by the way per player...which is why perranporth reserves will be aiming to achieve combo status within 3 seasons.UP THE PILCHARDS

Not sure if this is a CCFA issue rather than a Trelawney issue

This has been a problem for years, and it won't change! The CCFA make a fortune out of it. Count yourself lucky that your first team players aren't signed on for a different Junior club as is what happens with some others with Senior/Junior teams.

I really admire your enthusiasm!!!

As far as I was aware it is actually a TRELAWNY LEAGUE ISSUE... The fact that the reinstatement is done through the CCFA does not mean that it is the CCFA that decides the league rules (the league seems to have copied the CCFA stance for county cup competitions). From past experience the Duchy League does not (or didn't 4 years ago) restrict the number of players that can play in any one game before being classed as a Junior player.

For me if the wording in the Trelawny League rules regarding 'qualification of players' did not include the word 'preceding' then this would be a much fairer way of enforcing the league rules... Just a thought !

I agree they do decide the status of a player.

It is however my understanding that the Trelawny League decide the LEAGUE RULES with regards to 'Qualification of players'... The Trelawny League have the power to decide how many Senior players can play in any one particular game. The Duchy League never used to have the same rule and would allow an unlimited number of Senior players who have played '5 or more games in the current or preceding season' to play in the same game, assuming they have been reinstated!!...

That's how I interpreted it... I could quite possibly be wrong though!

Mark I'm afraid as I have said in most of my posts that after the agm the premier league had 14 teams two of which have withdrawn therefore no matter how you look at it both Mousehole and Carharrack did,nt finish in the bottom two, the final league table should read as follows.

11th place Carharrack 12pts (pts not accurate)

12th place Mousehole 10pts

13th place Penryn 0pts

14th place a.n.other 0pts

Bottom two relegated and this should be followed throughout all the divisions.

Take for argument the swp premier div Royal marine (i think ) withdrew did they relegate more teams and promote teams from non-promotion places no! if they had Helston may have been promoted from the west div

Congratulations to Mousehole and Carharrack for remaining in the Premier Division and I hope circumstances fair better for you both next season.

Also good luck to those promoted to the premier div hope you all have a great season espeacialy Markw at Perranwell.

I heard that Threemilestone seconds have been promoted from division 3 to division 2 when they finished a lowly 9th place! There is now apparantly 16 teams in Premier division. Have no teams been relegated from Premier division as 5 or 4 if none had been relegated from division 1 would be needed to go up and 1 down from prem, 6 up from divison 2 to division 1, one relegated to division 2, 7 up from division 3 to division 2, 2 relegated to division 3 to even make this possible???