Cornwall Football Forum

Penryn ath v Falmouth ath

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BenTheYeti

I had seen it previous to commenting on here, and I personally think that the CCFA have made the right decision, but this has all taken far too long, and clearly lots of accusations having been flying round on here because of this.

At the end of the day, it "could" end up being somewhat harsh on Culdrose, in the respect that up until now they would have assumed they were the league winners, especially as they've received the trophy. But, they from upon high have spoken, and it at least gives Falmouth the fair crack at winning the league they deserve

Guest Monty

lessons learned here i think, My opinion is if you want a game to change the do it through the league with enough notice especially if involves your local rivals. Dont presume and dont take peoples words for it because if you have no proof then its not worth the paper its written on. This is a farce and put a mockery on the who outcome on what was a superb league this year, Many players have not played for weeks and probaly both teams will load up as per the league rules. feel sorry for Culdrose.

is it just me but everyone keeps saying about playing ringers...?? i thought that cos of the clubs teams playing a higher league (senior) and the teams mentioned playing "junior".., they couldnt drop players down unless they were re-registered before the end of March and not played more than 5 games for senior side since the re-instatement...?? with both teams not knowing this fixture was going to happen..,. surely they cant do this...??

apologises if im wrong though

You can reinstate a senior player to junior status all the way up to the 31st may. A player cannot be registered to a club after the 31st march. The maximum either side can play is 2.

Both clubs I'm sure will try and play their 2 best sides from the players available for a Thursday evening fixture due to players maybe being unavailable due to work, surfing, holidays, robbing banks, shoplifting, washing hair, shopping with the mrs, babysitting & on the lash :)

You can reinstate a senior player to junior status all the way up to the 31st may. A player cannot be registered to a club after the 31st march. The maximum either side can play is 2.

Both clubs I'm sure will try and play their 2 best sides from the players available for a Thursday evening fixture due to players maybe being unavailable due to work, surfing, holidays, robbing banks, shoplifting, washing hair, shopping with the mrs, babysitting & on the lash :)

So Falmouth will be able to field a stronger side Thursday bearing in mind the re-instatement and their 1st team is not playing! hardly a fair outcome to this farce....

London Ranger or anti Fal Ath may I bring to your attention that Jason Robertson/Paul Hart both senior players played for Penryn in the reverse fixture when Fal 1st team had a game so they were not able to play two reinstated players. However the rules state you may play two reinstated players so it was'nt a problem!

Guest smashing pumpkin

some good goals in this match 2nite , especially bushys goal.

well done to athletic on winning the league .

but the penryn had quiet a good team out 2nite so athletic were made to work for it.

Your right bluevanman. If anything the reasons for the original cancellation showed that Fal athletic could of been awarded the three points instead of penryn so it was in your favour that the game was played

so the trelawney league were wrong to award the 3 points to penryn and they shold have been awarded to falmouth?

As it wasn't Falmouth who cancelled the game then yes bluevanman. Falmouth could of been awarded the 3 points, so the replay was the best outcome for you guys at culdrose! Congratulations on a good season for you guys but I think everyone needs to know what actually happened before slating other teams who actually done nothing wrong.