Cornwall Football Forum

Penryn ath v Falmouth ath

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BenTheYeti

...this is just weird.. a top of the league side cancelling a game due to lack of players? Actually never thought I'd hear that one..

Can anyone from the CCFA confirm if this game is to be awarded to Penryn? Surely a rearranged game wont happen, as stated before would send a dangerous message to clubs who will canc games if they lose key players.... Im sure loads of clubs in all leagues have at some stage honoured games when they have not been at full strength...

Sets a precedent though for the future if the league allow it, I'm sure most reserve clubs have had to field extremely under strength teams or play with bare eleven or even ten players!

If as a club you haven't got enough players for 2 teams to play 2 games at the same time, firstly it's bad management but you then you face the punishment of not getting the points. Or have the rules suddenly changed?

Looking forward to hearing an answer!

Not default mate. Over the season we all play the same amount of games with strong sides / weak sides / bad weather etc all factored in.

Leagues aren't won in the last game of the season!!

If a game isn't played then you've not played the same games have you?? if there's nothing riding on it, then fair enough. What would happen if it was a semi final or final and the first team had a game??? would the game be given to the other side??? its potentially the same scenario

According to the trelawney league rules, 2011/12, rule 10A : "original fixtures and any re arranged fixtures made by the fixture secretary for the months of April and may shall be deemed ordered matches and any club failing to comply shall forfeit 3 points to their opponents and be subject to a fine of £10."

If a game isn't played then you've not played the same games have you?? if there's nothing riding on it, then fair enough. What would happen if it was a semi final or final and the first team had a game??? would the game be given to the other side??? its potentially the same scenario

We all have the same fixtures over the season, whether you can field a side for every game or whether you have to forfeit the points if your unable to field a side is at the clubs discretion. It isn't a semi final or final so is irrelevant argument, and I wouldn't like to guess what would happen.

I think it's extremely harsh for falmouth athletic with it being their last game and they can't do anything about it but if rules weren't there, where would we all be!!

According to the trelawney league rules, 2011/12, rule 10A : "original fixtures and any re arranged fixtures made by the fixture secretary for the months of April and may shall be deemed ordered matches and any club failing to comply shall forfeit 3 points to their opponents and be subject to a fine of £10."

Seems the rules are set in place for this then, sure the above will be confirmed soon so we can all move on.

Maybe if you took the time to take a look at the Trelawney lge website you will see that the game is to be re-fixtured.

Just keep on jumping to conclusions. No team would throw away the chance of the league title.

Also IF Falmouth had canceled their combo fixture and played Penryn throwing in a couple of players as Penryn did to them on Saturday, would it be fair to Culdrose? simple no!!

Maybe if you took the time to take a look at the Trelawney lge website you will see that the game is to be re-fixtured.

Just keep on jumping to conclusions. No team would throw away the chance of the league title.

Also IF Falmouth had canceled their combo fixture and played Penryn throwing in a couple of players as Penryn did to them on Saturday, would it be fair to Culdrose? simple no!!

dont always trust what the trelawney website says

Dangerous precedent to set! I think all second team managers will be watching this with interest! I think it's harsh on the teams but we have all had to field weakened teams for one reason or another, this could open the floodgates to strategic cancellations.

MJP if you are a second team manager you will understand that sometimes your players will be taken for your first team,however on the plus side when your first team havent got a game you too can throw in a couple of "ringers" or are you going to tell me you don,t do that lmto.

Yes, due to players having to play for the first team plus injuries suspensions and sickness Falmouth were not able to field two sides on the night, however county rules state that in these circumstances you must field your 1st team which they did.

May be in hindsight it may have been better to start the Penryn game with seven players, ko and one player feigns injury and abandon the match

Still waiting for a reply about tonights game to be honest, cant see how we cant raise a side really after the way we played saturday i for 1 am right up for the game

Does,nt say that Falmouth cant raise a side does it ?

Deadcert your not making sense....could they raise a team or not?

Thank you Deadcert, I as you can imagine, fully empathise with falmouth Athletics predicament, and feel extremely sorry for the second team players as I follow most local teams results each week, and I know and talk to some of the players, and I see that they are doing well, and have looked for the majority of the season that they could win the league and get promoted. My issue is that there are some unscrupulous clubs and officials that may use this in the future, as an oppurtunity to gain an advantage. The rules are there for a purpose, and as much as we all disagree with them sometimes should be adhered to, or else chaos would breakout. By the way the whole of Falmouth Athletic have had a cracking season, and the food and hospitality down there was great when we played there.

Thank you Deadcert, I as you can imagine, fully empathise with falmouth Athletics predicament, and feel extremely sorry for the second team players as I follow most local teams results each week, and I know and talk to some of the players, and I see that they are doing well, and have looked for the majority of the season that they could win the league and get promoted. My issue is that there are some unscrupulous clubs and officials that may use this in the future, as an oppurtunity to gain an advantage. The rules are there for a purpose, and as much as we all disagree with them sometimes should be adhered to, or else chaos would breakout. By the way the whole of Falmouth Athletic have had a cracking season, and the food and hospitality down there was great when we played there.

Agree, like i said earlier maybe something that can be brought up in a League meeting for next season however it will be abused by some. The rule is there for a reason and it should stand in this case unless there are other reasons?

If what has been said on this thread is correct I would like to know why we (Pendeen Rovers) were not allowed to re-fixture our game against Porthlevan Rangers when our first team was struggling for players at the start of the season, The Trelawny league awarded Porthlevan the 3 points because our reserves fufilled there perpose and were called up to play for our 1st team, ultimately meaning we did not have enough players to field both of our sides.

Could someone please officially clarify this!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of the day. All of our players and the management at fal athletic have worked very hard to ensure that we finished in a good position this season and it would be very harsh if we were punished due to the first teams lack of players.

At the end of the day. All of our players and the management at fal athletic have worked very hard to ensure that we finished in a good position this season and it would be very harsh if we were punished due to the first teams lack of players.

end of season!

lots of games!

fixture pile up!

saw wnedron put out two teams last night and did very well!

quit moaning and get on with it!

We have worked hard at Pendeen to try and keep our reserves in the 4th division, it didn't help us though we still lost the 3 points, I'm sorry but the league have no other option other then to award Penryn the point, you cant have one rule for one club and another rule for different club!!!