Cornwall Football Forum

Canvey fans have it in Cornwall

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

This Weds 8th Aug 7.00pm Mount Wise Stadium, Newquay.

In the Red corner, Cornish Gull (The Judge - Newquay AFC) for the home side up against, in the Blue Corner, Captain Haddock (Perranporth AFC)

Two Canvey fans Ex-Isled in Cornwall battle it out for the title of Shark Coast Champions in this huge Cornish derby. The two sides have never met in the League, so this pre-season match will give some of the local boys a chance to settle a few scores. Expect some dodgy decisions from the female lino, who is a Newquay fan but officiates for Perranporth (you know we love you Anita).

Loser buys a pint Captain !!!!

ha ha Judge your funny, :thumbsup: I'll be on the refs side, depending on who the ref is he might want to put me on Newquay's line, or i could stand in the grandstand shouting offside every two mins like you do :drink: People seem to get a better view from the grandstand then the line :clapper:

Guest Peppermint

Let's hope that Newquay can find someone to put the ball in the back of the net! Otherwise it is going to be a long season of frustration for The Judge.

Guest Ronin

No matter who she's lining for all the Perran lads will be on Anitas side cos we're scared of her! I've got the kick off as 7.30pm Judge can you check your facts and let me know if I'm wrong?

Guest Peppermint

The Judge has been wrong on kick off times already this season and Newquay seem to fluctuate kick off times between 7 and 7.30 pm. At least when the regular league season starts we will all know the official start times. I turned up to watch a pre season friendly that The Judge had announced on the Forum as 7.30pm and the game was already half an hour old when I got there!

That wasn't the Judges fault. I was asked to do the line told 7.30 ko and got a call at 6.30 asking where i was coz it was a 7 ko. So now i'm just gonna get there for 6.30. I dont like 7 ko's coz the club house ain't open and i gotta share the toilets :(

I have stated 7.00pm so that should the powers that be decide to kick off early again, no one will miss the first goal, like I did last week. I had an email from the club secretary with all the fixtures and kick off times and went by that info...... but the club in their wisdom decided to change it and didn't even tell the secretary.

I wonder if the club will charge on the gate like they did v Liskeard (just £2) or let everyone in for free like the other two matches ? Perhaps the club are super rich these days ? Even St Stephen went round with a collection box during the match on Saturday. I calculate that loss of gate money and not doing a 50/50 for these matches has lost the club £300 (assuming that committee members have to pay to get in the ground). How many will get in for free when League matches start, the club only have two 'free league passes'. I don't see why just because you sit on the committee, you should get a free season ticket, everyone can afford £5 to gain admission, a 50/50 ticket, programme and a cuppa, why deprive the club they claim to serve and support ?

Anyway, no take up on the pint from Captain Haddock !!!

Guest Ronin

Well we won't be at the ground til about 6.45pm so I guess it's 7.30 ko.

I don't think charging on the gate for pre-season friendlies is very "friendly" is it? Your supporters give to the club for the rest of the year so why can't you let tham have a couple of games without rattlilng the tin in their faces? :thumbsup:

Ass-1) a donkey or related small wild horse 2) (informal) a stupid person

So Perranporth are gonna get thier donkey's kicked, i can't wait to see that :clapper:

That is unless you ment Arse- (slang) A person's bottom.

I can't wait till the club house afterwards when we can all have a drink :drink:

Guest Ronin

So Perranporth are gonna get thier donkey's kicked, i can't wait to see that :clapper:

ALL THE TIME Anita??

Looks like Captain Haddock owes you a pint Judge. Newquay 1sts 4 - Perranporth 0 good game though, we held our own against a strong Newquay side.