Cornwall Football Forum

Leeds utd will be in cornwall this summer

100%cornish

Neil warnock will be bringing his leeds team to cornwall for 5 days this summer on his usual summer visit ,that will be really good be nice to see them play Bodmin would be nice if my home town of Newquay get to play them but i doubt it .

http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=280824

I should imagine there will be a lot of clubs looking to play them, and cash in on the huge crowd Leeds will bring and attract. Perhaps Newquay could fly them down ?

Leeds 1st team will be playing 3 games 1 almost certain to be Bodmin when they come down they will be training at duchy college and fans are invited to meet the players there.It would be lovely if Newquay could get a decent friendly for a change like they used to when qpr ,west brom ,man city ,watford,all played at mt wise and also the liverpool legends .It would be nice if Man Utd legends played at mt wise they are playing at plymouth on 26th may with a 1pm ko tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for kids .I expect Newquay will have the Brian Bingham matches which are really good because Brian was a real nice man and theres not many like him around these days.

@SportCornwall: Neil Warnock's Leeds Utd will face Bodmin Town at Priory Park on Wed July 25 in Leeds' only pre-season friendly in Cornwall.

Not sure where Sport Cornwall have got this from, not on the This Is Cornwall site, nothing on the Yorkshire Post or Leeds Utd sites. Seems strange to have just one game in 5 days, I'm sure Warnock and Leeds could have cashed in a bit more and also helped at least one other club out, if it is true.

It does seem that Bodmins budget is secured once again for next season, who will be runners-up ?

Unfortunately we recevied a letter of confirmation that we were unsuccessful in our approach for a friendly at Hayle FC, Neil Warnock brought his side(Sheffield United) to Trevassack park back in 2000 ( I think ) , but it was not meant to be this time round. Congratulations to Tavi and Bodmin, have a great day.

Unfortunately we recevied a letter of confirmation that we were unsuccessful in our approach for a friendly at Hayle FC, Neil Warnock brought his side(Sheffield United) to Trevassack park back in 2000 ( I think ) , but it was not meant to be this time round. Congratulations to Tavi and Bodmin, have a great day.

£10,000 would have done it allegedly.

Haven't posted on here for some time Slim due to the quality of the forum going downhill. £10k, are you having a laugh Slim? More accurate in your other post with Jimmy Kiely getting a pint of mild and packet of pork scratchings.

You are well in the know with the Plymouth lads Slim, which new signings, if any, do you reckon will be in our Squad for our game against Leeds on the 23rd July and just as interesting, which players from our current side won't be there?

Warnock has warned Bodmin and Tavistock to be aware of the huge influx of Leeds fans in the 2 PSF games in July. Perhaps that should have been a consideration, Bodmins ground is in a public park than can be accessed via a main road and Tavistocks ground is just too small, capacity of 2,000 allegedly, certainly no terracing or banked viewing areas. Newquay had 3,500 when Man City played here and there was room to spare along the Mayfield banked end.

I should imagine that if the Newquay and Cornwall tourist boards had got behind a potential Newquay AFC bid, there would have been thousands of families from West Yorkshire and beyond wanting to holiday in the Newquay area. Maybe next time !

Thank you for your concern Mark about our ground being 'just too small'. Don't know where this 2,000 capacity came from, in years gone by the largest recorded gate in Langsford Park was in excess of 5,500 for a Bedford Cup Final and an unofficial figure of 8,000 from another final in the early fifties. Although the ground has been transformed and some major changes, allowing for health and safety we can comfortably accomodate the 3,500 tickets that are initially being printed.

I'm sure I read that it was just 2,000 somewhere, apologies if I got this wrong. Ian, I hope that you, the players and club have a great day and make a shed load of money. Newquay are certainly looking forward to visiting the 'new look' Langsford Park, it has been too long since our last 0-0 visit 5 years ago.

Cheers and best wishes.

I should imagine that if the Newquay and Cornwall tourist boards had got behind a potential Newquay AFC bid, there would have been thousands of families from West Yorkshire and beyond wanting to holiday in the Newquay area. Maybe next time !

Why should Tourist Board cash be spent just so Newquay AFC can make money. Local businesses are benefitting from TRURO CITY'S success with many opposition fans staying for extended weekends all without involving the Tourist Board.

As for THOUSANDS - I don't think so.

S4C

Well I have it on very good authority, that Tavy are printing an initial 3,500 tickets, I still think that it will be a tight squeeze but good luck to them.

Truro City may attract a dozen or so that stay over for the weekend, we are talking thousands with Leeds, a slightly bigger team than Bromley.

Nemesis I also believe your right there. Tavy paid Warwick £10,000 last year in cash. Guess that helped cover a few beers 4 the lads!!! Lol

Well said Ian. That's hilarious! If Tavy had paid £10,000 we would never make a penny and wouldn't have had any contingency for the season ahead. Rumours like this do not do any justice to the likes of Tavy and Bodmin whose stretched committees work tirelessly to entice big teams to our welcoming clubs as the ideal pre-season warm up venues, before they move on to more illustrious opposition.

We are fortunate to be amongst the closest clubs to the training base used by Mr Warnock's teams and it is great that he has remained loyal to Bodmin and Tavy. Indeed, he has been bringing a top-notch side to Langsford Park for the best part of a decade, with Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, QPR and now Leeds fans all having a great day out at our friendly Club. Playing against Tavy in pre-season has also been something of a good omen for the Leeds boss, as he has gone on to take Sheffield United to League Cup and FA Cup semi-finals in 2002-2003 and promotion to the Premiership in 2006 and, following his first visit with QPR, promotion to the Premiership in 2010-11!

On behalf of the Tavistock committee, we look forward to welcoming Leeds’ fans and we’re sure they will have a great time in the region following their team.

Chris Fenner

Vice Chairman, Tavistock AFC

Come on Mr Fenner, if you can't make more than £10k, then you are not doing it right. You are printing 3,500 tickets, fact. If you sold 2,000 adults x £10 = £20k add another 1,000 for kids/OAPs x £5 = £5,000, giving a starting figure of £25,000.

Now add in the bar, food and refreshments, 50/50, programmes and souvenir sales. An allocation of 500 tickets for Comps, Prizes and VIP Packages, sponsorship, advertising etc and you are looking at another £5,000 minimum.

It seems to me, that any club paying £10,000 for a first team Leeds United side to visit is an absolute bargain. If you have managed to get Leeds to play Tavy for less than £10k, you are doing well but don't pretend that you can't make more than £10,000 on the night, that figure would be a complete disaster for any club.

Regardless, I hope that you all have a great night and make a shedload of cash, we look forward to visiting a new look Langsford Park this coming season.