Cornwall Football Forum

Thursday friendly results

Guest Damian Stevens

Troon 3 Mawnan Smith 4

after last nights game i truly believe there is no such thing as a friendly ! A feisty encounter .

We (Grampound) responded to a request on here a few weeks ago by Gloweth United for a friendly and arranged a friendly at our place for our reserves. The match was confirmed earlier this week and at 6.30 last night we had a pitch marked out, nets up etc and 15 players and a referee changed and ready to go. Unfortunately Gloweth did not turn up! A phone call to their secretary clearly indicated that he had forgotten to tell us they wouldn't be coming.

Result : Us out of pocket in lots of ways:-

1. hire of pitch and changing rooms (£20)

2. referee's fees and travelling expenses

3. four players left work early to get to the ground by 6.00pm

4. eleven players travelling expenses (those who do not happen to live in our village)

5. The Dolphin Inn had food laid on for after the game

6. One club member spent the afternoon of his day off mowing and marking the pitch.

Thanks Gloweth. We'll know better in future. Others be warned.

Guest Damian Stevens

Own goal , me , paul murray and ollie miller . We had a mix of 1st and 2nds last night One or two signings in the pipeline at the moment nothing concrete however we have lost Andy Munro to Wendron which is a big loss , one of if not the best defender in Fal one last season.

Perranwell 3 - 1 Newlyn East

(og, Senior, Harris)

A keenly fought game which had some spectacular efforts on goal with the crossbar being hit 3 times in all from at least 20 yards out. The best from Matt Rose from just inside the half way line! Should have been a lot more as we squandered chances but we played some good passing football and it was certainly an improvement on Tuesday's performance. Thanks to Newlyn East for the game and good luck for the rest of the season.

Elburton Villa (SWPL Premier) 5 - 2 Plymstock Utd (SWPL Div 1)

After a shaky start and conceding two route one goals to a lively Plymstock side, Elburton made it three wins from three in pre-season with a strong second half performance. Next and final game of warm up matches see's an Argyle XI travel to Haye Road on Wednesday 8th August.

yes it was true the cat did appear for st day last night and i think we will see him rack up a few more games for them this season!!!!!!!

good game played in good spirit by both teams!

ST DARREN DID A NUTMEG ON OUR RIGHTBACK!!

would not have believed it if i hadnt seen it myself!!

bit of a transfer oup by garry kay on signing the cat!!

mate i had backpasses from my own team that were harder than that last night!! which one was gillsy!! we were caught a bit on the hop last night! was the first time id met the guys as have had the shingles so ouldnt rain for most of preseason!!

stil did well for and old boy tho darren, few more seasons left for u yet i think!!!!

but onwards and upwards!

missed out on a signing letting a local like me get away tho!!!!

Cat, we got keepers coming out our ears, 2 of them are 16/17.

Gillsy was the one that went off with cramp!!! haha, captain, the one who got teasy with your number 6 after a rather reckless challenge!!!

To be fair my "shot", was on my right foot, I couldn't get it out of my stride!! haha.

As said before, we had a couple of first teamers on in the second half to give them a run out, Tom Benney is a class act and scored 2 goals, to be fair, you couldn't do anything with all the goals!!

Look forward to our meet up during the season

Guest Garry Kay

Darren, I couldn't believe it either, but thankfully the shot was more in line with expectations.

Excellent goals from Tom and a nice one from JT.

At least we led for a few minutes with a quality goal from Joff

That is true Garry!! Joff's goal was a great free kick, albeit a silly one to give away!!

Tom's class in front of goal, and certainly at that level of football. JT was with us for a lot of last season, but hopefully this year he will be plying his trade with the first team!!

Guest wattsy

Penryn Combo 3 Penryn 3rds 0

we struggled to get to grips with the game in the first half which resulted in 2 well taken goals by combo, but we game back strong second half and attacked them more than they did us, just couldnt find a finish. late penalty given against us at the end too for apparent handball. all in all good fitness exercise out on the huge main pitch in the baking sun!!

That game was played on the main,Kernick Road,pitch at Penryn.

Friendly result from Friday:

Perranwell Res. 3 Trevenson 5

Trevenson took the lead,went 2-1 down but battled back to lead 3-2 at half time.Perranwell equalised but a superb strike from 35 yards by Shaun Wilkins and another late on resulted in a 5-3 win for the visitors.

Good workout for both teams and some class goals scored by both sides.

In reply to Dave, at Grampound we do not pay travelling expenses but players are certainly out of pocket through the fault of another club and if this had been a league match then the league (or at least ours) would normally insist upon the offending team compensating the other club.

All it would have taken was a phone call to us the night before the fixture telling us they had a problem - or even on the morning of the game. The lack of courtesy and commonsense in some never ceases to amaze me. We have drawn a line under this but will not be considering friendlies against such clubs again.

Guest Skinner1

WHEN THE NEW PENISULAR LEAGUE MEASURED THE PITCHES RECENTLY THEY GAVE OUT A LIST OF DIAMENSIONS

TRURO ABOUT THE SAME AS PENRYN

FALMOUTH WIDER BUT SAME LENGTH

PORTHLEVEN WIDER BUT QUITE A BIT SHORTER

CULDROSE IS BIGGER

HELSTON VERY WIDE BUT DONT THINK IT IS VERY LONG

ST AGNES DONT KNOW

Guest wattsy

in comparison to many other pitches i think you'll find it is, especially at a lower level than combo when you dont get to play on such pitch.

Guest Postie Pidge

Penryn's pitch I always thought was smaller than most. Chippie Chapman scored with a kick from his hands in the 1980s - not a feat that can be said on some pitches (unless it was really windy!)