Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City V Argyle

How come nobody from Truro City has bothered to come onto the Forum to say about last nights game,

I heard through the grape vine that City lost 4 0, Not a bad result against a championship team,

I also gather that Argyle brought down virtually a full sguad,so unlike when Truro played Falmouth, when they only sent down mostly a 2nd Team, :angry:

was that because Truro thought that Falmouth were so far behind the quality of the Truo team that it was not worth sending down a full squad, or maybe they were not to sure of the new Falmouth team, & did not want to run the risk of an upset, obviously, Argyle never took that view,

Hammers :thumbsup: :c:

I wouldn't say Argyle were full strength, they certainly had the majority there though, funny that their weaker side played the better second half!!

No one from Truro was really going to mention it though were they? haha. Good crowd there though!! £100 on the 50/50 draw, no idea how they work that one out!!!

After last nights performance as well, I wouldn't have thought that Dan Stevenson was quaking in his boots!!

Saying all that though, Truro were superb for the first 20 mins I thought

i would of said their 2nd half team (argyle) was the better out of the 2. With Norris, Buzsaky, connelly and chadwick all linkin up, truro couldnt stop their one touch football. First half i found abit 'boring', but the 2nd half argyle came to life, and proved why they are playin in the Championship.

Truro in the 1st half looked very solid, in the 2nd they were exposed.

How come nobody from Truro City has bothered to come onto the Forum to say about last nights game,

I heard through the grape vine that City lost 4 0, Not a bad result against a championship team,

I also gather that Argyle brought down virtually a full sguad,so unlike when Truro played Falmouth, when they only sent down mostly a 2nd Team, :angry:

was that because Truro thought that Falmouth were so far behind the quality of the Truo team that it was not worth sending down a full squad, or maybe they were not to sure of the new Falmouth team, & did not want to run the risk of an upset, obviously, Argyle never took that view,

Hammers :thumbsup::c:

the game was arranged for the 2nd team to have a run out,nothing to do with being afaid,the first team have there freindlies,and 2nds,theres and so on.i dont think they would be worried about playing any body at the moment.

I to was at the match last night. Thought id wait and see if a Truro fan might add a report. Thought Truro played well early on and if they play football like that against most of the teams they will play in the league next season they will be winning 5,6,7,8 nil again for sure!! Argyle then began to take control and some quick passing tore Truro aprt at times and 4-0 was about right in the end. Good crowd last night. Hard to say how many were there but i bet 1500-2000 wouldnt be far off. Good car parking with the field open next to the ground for a £1. That saved alot of bother. Sadly i missed out on a program as theyd sold out so if anyone has one they dont want ill buy it off them. PM me if you can. Oh, the coment on the 50-50 prize. There was a good laugh go round when the first prize was only £100. But there was a 2nd prize for £10!!

I to was at the match last night. Thought id wait and see if a Truro fan might add a report. Thought Truro played well early on and if they play football like that against most of the teams they will play in the league next season they will be winning 5,6,7,8 nil again for sure!! Argyle then began to take control and some quick passing tore Truro aprt at times and 4-0 was about right in the end. Good crowd last night. Hard to say how many were there but i bet 1500-2000 wouldnt be far off. Good car parking with the field open next to the ground for a £1. That saved alot of bother. Sadly i missed out on a program as theyd sold out so if anyone has one they dont want ill buy it off them. PM me if you can. Oh, the coment on the 50-50 prize. There was a good laugh go round when the first prize was only £100. But there was a 2nd prize for £10!!

paul i would have given you mine for noght,but someone nicked it out of my back pocket,probally a spurs fan heee :clapper:

paul i would have given you mine for noght,but someone nicked it out of my back pocket,probally a spurs fan heee :clapper:

GIT :clapper:

GIT :clapper:

had to wait 20 mins for a bite,the water to calm to night :yahoo:

Very good replies to my comments, but the point that I was making was still missed,

that is we very often see lower league teams defeat the bigger clubs in the FA cup & in other competitions, I believe that the Higher clubs should even in friendlies, put out their best team, because it helps the lower clubs to raise the standard of their play,

I understand what you are saying Truro's Mr M, but the Truro - Falmouth match when advertised was never shown as Truro's second team,

& bearing in mind the history of games between the two clubs Truro would have gained more respect from the Town suporters if they had put out a full strength side.

Hammers :yahoo::c: :c:

Guest Man on the Post

Hammers, you should take into account that Truro had another fixture at Tiverton less than 48 hours later. I don't think Falmouth played again until 6 days later. :D Being a West Ham fan you've got so used to real conspiracies that you're expecting to find them everywhere. :wacko:

Guest Man on the Post

I'm rather surprised by your view Darren considering the number of reserve sides put out by Liverpool in the Premiership before and after some of their European matches. :D:yahoo: :thumbsup:

Man on the post, You must be a man with either a grudge, or a chip on his shoulder, you certainly like having a dig at other people, with no real grounds for your stupid remarks, with regards to Truro city if they were so concerned about the Tiverton match they should not have arranged one with Falmouth so close to that match, The Real truth is they believed that the second team was good enough to send down to Falmouth, (What was the score 4-0)

with regards to your comments about West Ham, sticks & stones, remember that saying,

Hammers, :clapper::thumbsup::c: :c:

Busy planning a wedding Mr M :(

that little bundle of joy is too young yet surely,or is it an arranged marriage to a spurs fan :drink:

Coopsie's tying the knot :( .. No man is ever getting anywhere near that little bundle of joy mr M. She's going under lock and key until i'm on my last legs (may not be too long). Didn't know what to get the missus for her birthday so thought i'd get married to her. That way she has a great present and I can't forget the date of the anniversary. :thumbsup:

Guest TruroLad

where have the truro lot gone, all keeping mighty quiet after this game, in truth it was a poor match not very entertaining, although dan stevensons replacement kept me laughing, i would of kept andy butcher if i was leonard.

truro started brightly but faded away after 40 mins, plymouths superior ability and fitness shone through as the result shows.

[ Didn't know what to get the missus for her birthday so thought i'd get married to her. That way she has a great present and I can't forget the date of the anniversary. :thumbsup:

How does that work? If you'd arranged it for your birthday, maybe there's a chance of remembering.

Now you'll just be in double trouble for forgetting wedding anniversary & a birthday - all on the same day.

First of all in reply to Hammer the Falmouth Town v Truro City game was arranged as a 2nd team fixture by both clubs, yes you will always get a handfull of the Western League side present because they may be back from injury, suspension or needing match fitness.

As for Wednesday's game very well supported excellent to see such a strong Argyle side at Treyew Road and I agree with most City were very strong early on but Argyle stepped up a gear second half, new signing Danny Harris had a impressive debut as did the young boy Skinner who's currently on trial.

[ Didn't know what to get the missus for her birthday so thought i'd get married to her. That way she has a great present and I can't forget the date of the anniversary. :thumbsup:

How does that work? If you'd arranged it for your birthday, maybe there's a chance of remembering.

Now you'll just be in double trouble for forgetting wedding anniversary & a birthday - all on the same day.

Never thought of that oldasitgets. The thing is, she usually goes on about her birthday from the middle of march, so I think I'll be ok. I think I'm actually starting to remember when her birthday is though after 5 years of being together. :unsure: ;)

Guest Man on the Post

Thanks Darren. I was just trying to gauge if neutrals attending the game would buy a ticket or not. Over the years I've noticed that, (at any club), 50/50 draws are not very well supported. It wouldn't surprise me if only 1 or 2 spectators in every 10 buy a ticket. Glad you went to the game. :thumbsup:

Busy planning a wedding Mr M :(

that little bundle of joy is too young yet surely,or is it an arranged marriage to a spurs fan :drink:

Coopsie's tying the knot :( .. No man is ever getting anywhere near that little bundle of joy mr M. She's going under lock and key until i'm on my last legs (may not be too long). Didn't know what to get the missus for her birthday so thought i'd get married to her. That way she has a great present and I can't forget the date of the anniversary. :thumbsup:

coopsie i said that about all 3 of my daughters,middle one pregnant at 17,me a grandad at 39,so much for no man ever geting near my bundle of joy :blink:

50/50 draw seems terrible odds.

We drew 5/5 last season against Penzance Astro and we thought that was pretty unlikely.

I would have thought you could get a milion to one against a 50 each draw Truro v Argyle. (Then they'd refuse to pay up, I'd bet)

But then I've never understood betting.

As for Truro, are they ever going to have respect for other teams or are they just above that now?.

What does that even mean? How has Truro failed to show respect? To whom? Do you mean the Reserves fixture against Falmouth, the one that was always a reserves fixture? Was sending the Reserves to a Reserves match showing disrespect?

If you don't mean the Falmouth match, of course, please explain? Do you think Truro somehow dissed Argyle?

Or is it just a generalized swipe, without any specific reference?

where have the truro lot gone, all keeping mighty quiet after this game,

And while I'm at it, to address this idea -- and the notion in the first post that City supporters were mute about a loss -- the last time I posted a Truro City result, the next posted reply in the thread was: "YAWN." Nice.

Dan should know his fate later in the week but could be out until Christmas, Chapman is the next best around he proved at Bodmin and for Cornwall how good he is.

Darren think there was more then 200 tickets as a consolation prize was also given out on the night, attendance was around the 2,000 mark although I hav'ntt seen the final figures as yet.

Dan should know his fate later in the week but could be out until Christmas, Chapman is the next best around he proved at Bodmin and for Cornwall how good he is.

Darren think there was more then 200 tickets as a consolation prize was also given out on the night, attendance was around the 2,000 mark although I hav'nt seen the final figures as yet.

Darren think there was more then 200 tickets as a consolation prize was also given out on the night, attendance was around the 2,000 mark although I hav'nt seen the final figures as yet.

i dont know how anybody can say the "next" best keeper around, anybody who plays for or supports a swl team will tell you chapman is the best, he may have had a poor game for city but every keeper does.he was one of only two players in his argyle age group to get offered a contract at argyle and if it wasnt for his lifestyle he would still be there, stevo didnt even make argyle yts and only played if the keeper was injured.

As for Truro, are they ever going to have respect for other teams or are they just above that now?.

What does that even mean? How has Truro failed to show respect? To whom? Do you mean the Reserves fixture against Falmouth, the one that was always a reserves fixture? Was sending the Reserves to a Reserves match showing disrespect?

If you don't mean the Falmouth match, of course, please explain? Do you think Truro somehow dissed Argyle?

And while I'm at it, to address this idea -- and the notion in the first post that City supporters were mute about a loss -- the last time I posted a Truro City result, the next posted reply in the thread was: "YAWN." Nice.

Truro are starting the season with a points deficit because of their lack of respect for opponents and the league set up in general and thinking they are above the law. The system dealt with them but for some reason people think the punishment was too severe.Bol**cks, they got what they deserved and HOPEFULLY will think twice before acting in the same manner again?.

As for the recent outbursts towards Truro, why were so many people annoyed that it was Truro reserves that showed up for the game at Falmouth if it was always going to be a Truro reserve side that was supposed to play?. Something was obviously not made clear to people that wanted to watch this game but who was unclear. Was it Truro or Falmouth because reading between the lines it seems that people were expecting a side that was not Truro reserves.

coopsie it was ALWAYS a reserve side,not down to truro to tell the falmouth fans ^_^

Truro are starting the season with a points deficit because of their lack of respect for opponents and the league set up set up in general and thinking they are above the law. The system dealt with them but for some reason people think the punishment was too severe.Bol**cks, they got what they deserved and HOPEFULLY will think twice before acting in the same manner again?.

As for the recent outbursts towards Truro, why were so many people annoyed that it was Truro reserves that showed up for the game at Falmouth if it was always going to be a Truro reserve side that was supposed to play?. Something was obviously not made clear to people that wanted to watch this game but who was unclear. Was it Truro or Falmouth because reading between the lines it seems that people were expecting a side that was not Truro reserves.

dont know what happen to that repley,but truro were ALWAYS going to send a 2nd side,not down to truro to tell the falmouth fans <_<