Cornwall Football Forum

Derby Day Friendly - Newquay Res vs Goonhavern

Who is playin for the 2s this year? I wanna play but havent known whats goin on this year with all the people that have left and having lost Carl's number after losing one of about 18 phones on drunken nights out at uni at sum random sluts house or in water or sumfin!!!

Ryan Curtis ###### 07875749509, txt us the deal with trainin and games or sumfin!

You could always pop up tomorrow night and talk to Carl. Or at any time you could of called the club for Carl's number, sure someone there would of had it.

And could you edit your post please i find the word S**g very offensive, Thanks

Haha, Ive edited it! I dont have a brain so I wudnt think to do sumfin as simple as that! Ill pop up 2moro night then, thanks!

Ryan xxxxx

oonhavern 2 v 0 Newquay

Probably the right result but Newquay Reserves gave a committed Goonhavern side a run for their money.

A low sun made it hell for half the players and the referee and even the Goonhavern players were laughing at the lino over-ruling a perfectly good goal for offside when the player had run through on his own !!!

Some great performances from Newquay and the fans seemed fairly impressed with our efforts. Im not at all dissapointed to lose out to a good Goonhavern side. Good luck for the new season Whuru.

A great work out for all and the flurry of cramped up players at the end showed the effort made by all !

Thanks Dermot - a great refereeing perfomrance as always.

So Mr Jolly 2 Newquay players offside gaining advantage from being in that position and i shouldn't of flagged, please explain to me why?

You tried to put me down last year Carl by saying i didn't flag for offside now your putting me down for flagging for offside. Carl no matter what you say about me on this site you will never get me to quit.

Dear Jollyman, since when can an assistant (or lino) rule a goal offside,the only person who decides that is the referee. The assistant may raise their flag to indicate that a player is in an offside position and in their opinion seeking to gain an unfair advantage or interfere with play but it is the sole decision of the referee as to whether the goal is awarded or not.

Carl, a fair assesment of the game and a good work out for both sides. Because of unavailability of lots of players we drafted in two reserves in Joe Carlyon & Sam Lawrence to give us 13, and they both did very well. Newquay had a couple of great chances early on but then Simon Jones put us 1 up. Craig Brown made it 2-0 before the hosts had a storming last 15 minutes and had the Goal dissallowed. I was very pleased with the way we passed the ball and took our chances when they came.

Thanks to Carl for the game, you have got the makings of a mid table side there easily and good luck for the season.

Thanks also to Bernad Manning and Anita and the Newquay Lino who all did a fine job.

Guest Ronin

Carl no matter what you say about me on this site you will never get me to quit.

Well said Anita. All of us at Perran reckon you're a damned fine lino & we're lucky to have you!! :yahoo:

Well done on a good win John & good luck for what looks like an entertaining season :thumbsup:

Anita

Are you the linesperson for Goonhavern or are you still at Perranporth,as Newquay had their own linesperson I presume you were guesting.

Spoke to several Goonhavern players who said the goal should have stood but thats football.

Goonhavern played well in fits and starts as did Newquay,John Mitchell had a really good game as he always does when he visits Mt Wise, must be his lucky ground.

ps Don,s had 2 x £150 out of the card machine thought you,d like to know.

Still at perran bazzer. and i didn't flag the goal scorer offside i flagged well before the goal was scored for 2 players in offside position who in my opinion gained advantage from being there.

See ya sat Ronin, i'll be there about 1.30. :thumbsup:

Sorry Anita,

Im not sore about the result....but I think your 'thinly veiled' hatred for Newquay AFC is clear for everyone to see from the posts you put all over this forum !

There is a lot of bad blood between you and the club for any number of reasons I know about and maybe more I dont know about...and I dont think you run the line objectively. I was critical of you never flagging when for a season you lined up alongside our back 4 but since you seem to turn up with the away side on a regular basis as a guest lino, you cant get the flag up quick enough when ruling against our players. In this game v Goonhavern, both teams were lining up on the half way line for the retake after our goal and still you were flagging as if trying to signal a passing plane....The ref was called over and the reason you gave him left both sides a little confused to say the least. It seemed malicious to me. Dermot was close up with play and had allowed the goal to stand but what faith would he show in you if he waved away your desperate attempts to rule out our goal.

With regards to Perranporth, I know you have made good friends there and they are obviously happy with the job you are doing. This shows me that you can and do play fairly when not at Newquay and leaves me thinking I was wrong to give you the benefit of the doubt when for a whole season I explained away your failure to flag the opposition as inexperience and uncertainty.

I really dont think you should be turning up as the oposition's guest lino at Newquay mens games when you clearly have 'revenge' in mind and a point to proove. Some of the comments you make on here about senior officials at the club are scandalous and surely "bring the game into disrepute' whatever the hell that means.

I dont think you are neutral when you run the line against Newquay Mens sides...and you always seem to become a talking point in the club house after games.

I know how committed you are and you have clearly learnt a lot in a short space of time. In that regard, perranporth are very lucky to get your services as you are reliable....but as far as Newquay games are concerned - you are like a woman scorned and seem to delight in whatever misery comes the way of the mens teams. Only earlier this week, having turned up to run the line, you start a post entitled 'Newquay win a game - I know its hard to believe but it is true'.

If you dont want to tarnish a growing reputation you have with some refs and certainly with Perranporth FC, you should steer clear of Newquay - the club you so obviously love to hate...

Guest Postie Pidge

Well put Stig! Anita ran the line in the Dave Gardner Trophy match between Falmouth and Penzance - both at a higher level than Newquay's Combo side and she did a great job. She won many admirers as well.

Jollyman do you have a thing about women in football?

Guest Ronin

I can't wait til Anita runs the line for our friendly against Newquay on Wednesday evening next week. Maybe Mr Jolly will have the guts to state his opinions to Anitas face rather than making a fool of himself by posting them on here. Although I have only known Anita for a short time I reckon she is one of the most honest linos I have seen for a long time and on top of that she is friendly and enjoys a laugh. I bet you didn't think your first run out would cause such controversy Whuru!

Nice to see you back Stig or are you posting from abroad?

Dear Carl,

I thank you for "sacking" me from newquay it made me relise what a bunch of winging Arseholes you all are.

I do not have any problems with you or Newquay and as for me turning up as a "guess" lineo, i was asked to help out for pre season friendlies, some of the time being on Newquays side, which i'm sure you'll know i did the same for them as i did against them.

I feel its YOU who has a prob with me, not sure why but thats the "vibe" i get from you. As i said before i flagged well before the goal and i DID NOT flag the goal scorer offside.

I would love to know about the bad blood between me and Newquay you know of because i can't think of any, other then you posting what you did about me last season, but as i'm 30 now and i class myself as a adult i got over it, i moved on, and i'm enjoying myself, which is the whole reason i became a lineo in the first place. It seems to me as if its YOU who as a prob with me, so Carl follow my lead and grow up. I thought you and your team where looking forward to playing "against" me, seems you changed your tune.

You know that even after i came off of the Newquay committee i've helped out lots, and made money for the club. Carl you really do need to get over me, i'm sure you'll find someone to replace me.

And as for....................

Some of the comments you make on here about senior officials at the club are scandalous and surely "bring the game into disrepute' whatever the hell that means.

Please explain to me, i've not got a problem with anyone at all at Newquay, or with anyone who does anything for the club. I think your a good manager for the second team and i think they are shapping up well. The reason i feel i do better at Perranporth is coz they have respect for me, which i never got from Newquay's 2nd team.

I hope i've not missed anything out Carl, and if i have i'm sorry.

Good luck to you and you're team, see you on the 28th

Anita

P.S At least now i don't give a shit about being slagged off in the club house after a game :lol:

HYa Jollyman. I was at the game and she had her flag up well before the "goal" and she didn't flag as if she was trying to signal a passing plane she just kept the flag up till the ref noticed it. I had the same view she did and i am not a woman scorned, i don't hate Newquay, i am not revengeful and i don't need the benefit of the doubt but she was dead RIGHT. As a neutral ( i don't know you and i don't know her) but it seems you are the one with the problem. If you don't want qualified officials take it up with the CCFA.

Guest Peppermint

Having read the postings regarding this topic I feel I must put my point of view.

Anita has never put any posting on this Forum 'slagging off' so called senior officials of Newquay AFC and when she was on the Committee at the Club was very active in trying to help the Club move forward. She was always the first to volunteer to do anything that was needed.

When I was on the Committee Anita was a big help and she was always prepared to vote as she thought right for the good of the Club and never influenced by others!

I was at the Goonhavern game and as Neil stated she raisd her flag and then it wa up to Dermot as the referee to accept it or overrule her.

Instead of having a go at Anita I would have thought the Newquay Managemment would be seeking some players who can put the ball in the back of th net! Having seen most of the pre season friendlies it would appear that both teams are going to suffer from the ability to score goals. I hope I am wrong but that is a view shared by many supporters.

If Anita had a hatred for Newquay then why would she still be helping out in a variety of ways at the Club. Perranporth's gain is Newquay's loss! Good luck to Anita for the season and also to Newquay.

I have read back my comments and am suitably ashamed and feel guilty of 'bringing the game into disrepute' myself ! Sorry Anita.

Just to set a few things straight....

1. I have no problem with women in football - I would love to see more of it and am particularly pleased with all that Newquay ladies are doing in particular to put the club on the map.

2. I do not question Anita's commitment or ability. I know she is an asset to Perranporth and they are lucky to have her. The county has a shortage of committed officials and she deserves all the plaudits she gets.

3. I hated the abuse Anita used to get from visiting clubs and in particular my own back 4 but I know she is strong enough to roll with it and gives as good as she gets.

4. However, I do worry that Anita has 'issues' with Newquays mens teams and the players themselves - and I think it effects her judgement and that she cannot run the line 100% neutrally. I am one of the reasons - I know.

IT WAS WRONG OF OF ME TO RAISE THE ISSUE OF HER FLAGGING FOR OFFSIDE AND I WOULD HATE FOR ANITA OR ANYONE ELSE TO THINK I DO NOT SUPPORT HER PROGRESS.

I just dont think Rafa Benitez would be happy if he saw Gary neville was one of the linesmen for a Liverpool game !

I hate controversy and hope this issue slips away quietly.

Carl Jolly, aged 7, and sent to his room for being a spoilt little boy !

Whuru - thanks for your comments....

"You have the makings of a mid table side easy" is in a strange way a great compliment for my team ! Thanks.

I think you too could claim mid table respectability - which for both of us would be a large step in the right direct from oour team's performances last year !

I think last year I was pleased when beating Probus pre-season and their manager told me we looked like we might not get relegated !!! Thats progress for you.

Up the ladder we climb. rung by rung.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Just want to add my support for Anita. Any probs she had with Newquay Combo side never spilt over to any other part of the club. Anita has travelled far and wide watching the 1st team and proudly wears the Peppermints shirt when she does so.

Her friends at the club will take the pi55 because we can, and know that she will take it in good humour. However, personal attacks both last season and more recently leave Newquay AFC with a problem that must be cut out. It is one thing to have a dig at what is seen as a poor committee, they are fair game for putting themselves in that position, but Anita has worked harder than most for Newquay AFC and football locally (and even further afield). Reputations are all important as others will have judgements clouded by them, Anitas is on the up, shame that cannot be said of others.

Just want to add my support for Anita. Any probs she had with Newquay Combo side never spilt over to any other part of the club. Anita has travelled far and wide watching the 1st team and proudly wears the Peppermints shirt when she does so.

Her friends at the club will take the pi55 because we can, and know that she will take it in good humour. However, personal attacks both last season and more recently leave Newquay AFC with a problem that must be cut out. It is one thing to have a dig at what is seen as a poor committee, they are fair game for putting themselves in that position, but Anita has worked harder than most for Newquay AFC and football locally (and even further afield). Reputations are all important as others will have judgements clouded by them, Anitas is on the up, shame that cannot be said of others.

fu..ing hell judge talking sence :unsure:

fisrt time for evrything but great work jollyman in admitting ur mistake! takes a lot to do that!!! plus people might sponsor him now he's made an apology!!!

being an offiial is a difficult enough thing and we all think we an do a better job than the person in the middle or the person with the flag but how many of us have the balls (sorry anita) to actually pick up a whistle or a flag???? i ertainly wouldnt as i know how diffiult a job it is!!!!

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!! THESE PEOPLE DO THERE JOB SO U AN ENJOY UR SATURDAY AFTERNOONS PLAYING FOOTBAL!!!!!!!

Guest Dermot

Well said Cat,i spoke to Carl today before i Reffed his game and he was genuinely sorry so lets hope we can draw a line under this subject now and get ready for the big kick off eh folks ? ;0) :thumbsup:

:clapper: well done Carl, appoligies accepted, no harm done :P Still look forward to "our" games,

And cat i do have more balls then most men (i'll let you work that out ;) )

And thanks to everyone for thier support :thumbsup:

Sorry for mega slow reply had 2 games today (again) and needed my post match warm down :drink: