Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Parkway Reserves V Gulval

Parkway 2 Gulval 0

Good competitive game played in the spirit as both clubs looked to celebrate our links through Gulval's sponsor Jaynie Bolitho whos name was given to Bolitho Park.

A goal in each half from the home side left Gulval upset at the early dominance. The large pitch certainly suited the Plymouth and District runners up from last year, earlier friendlies had helped the shape and sharpness of the Devon side. Gulval playing the first of several friendlies are very happy with the performance if not the result.

Thanks for the game Parkway and we look forward to the return fixture in Cornwall next season.

Guest Postie Pidge

It was just a thought because you boys play at the cricket club. Borrow Penlee? Coopsie (if he hasn't retired!) could play

Both Jim Parsons (Parkway President) and myself have ideas and we will need to approach a couple of teams but I am sure that something can be arranged Pidge.

As for Coopsie he is too young to retire. Incidently he could not travel today but if he did he would have I am sure got his knees dirty for the cause.

Both Jim Parsons (Parkway President) and myself have ideas and we will need to approach a couple of teams but I am sure that something can be arranged Pidge.

As for Coopsie he is too young to retire. Incidently he could not travel today but if he did he would have I am sure got his knees dirty for the cause.

General,Have you ever watched me play?. Knees dirty?????????????. ;) .. I certainly would have wanted a few minutes though if i'd made the trip BUT if i didn't get on you know i'd have been disappointed and probably spat my dummy out of the pram or something. Also i haven't been to any training sessions and it would have been unfair on those that have. I had a great day at mounts bay school practicing my shooting and teaching my son to use his left foot, so had a great day in the rain. Sounds like the 1st team gave a good account of themselves though and perhaps there's reason to be a little optimistic for the forthcoming season?. I had a word with our (Gulval Reserves) skipper and he informed me that Gulval should have been 2 up at one stage, Is this true?.

Pidge mate, retirement is often contemplated but i guess it's just a matter of seeing how things unfold and take things as they happen. I was going to call it a day at the end of last season but then went and got the winner in our cup final and i think i finished 3rd top scorer in the club. So perhaps i've still got something to offer on the pitch?. As i said, "time will tell".

As long as there was benefit to those involved and the club in general then it was well worth the travelling. Hope everybody enjoyed their day and not too much alcohol was consumed. Seems fitness was one of the main issues though, perhaps that will improve as more friendlies are played?. Hope that there are a few lined up for us Reserve players though boss?.