Cornwall Football Forum

Famouth Town V Penzance

Good game for both teams, but as time whent on Town proved to be the stronger more organized, & even with several subs Town kept their form, a lot better match than Wednesday, I spoke to the Town keeper before the match, & he admitted that Town turned up On wednesday against Porthleven But not to play Football.

Well Done Anita you did a good job on the Line & as far as I could you handled the game well,

Hammers, :clapper::clapper::thumbsup::c:

Good game for both teams, but as time whent on Town proved to be the stronger more organized, & even with several subs Town kept their form, a lot better match than Wednesday, I spoke to the Town keeper before the match, & he admitted that Town turned up On wednesday against Porthleven But not to play Football.

Well Done Anita you did a good job on the Line & as far as I could you handled the game well,

Hammers, :clapper::clapper::thumbsup::c:

Sorry Town won 3 -1

well Anita, Falmouth is a great place & there are a lot of what I call sticky birds around, but it should not take you to long to guess, just think of a well known Cornish forum member, who suports Falmouth, & you could associate his forum name with a certain type of bird,

Hammers :clapper::drink::yahoo: :c:

I thought PZ were the better team in the 1st half and did not deserves to go in 3-1 down. They hit the bar and bottom of the post, plus 2 of the goals against were team errors.

Falmouth were frustrated for long periods of the game and only got on top in the last 15 minutes when Pz brought on their substitutes who are/were 2nd team players. In the end Falmouth were playing against 5 2nd team players.

I don't know how mush Falmouth are paying out for their team but mummerings in the crowd around me were that they wern't worth it. Lets hope they don't go broke trying to keep up with other teams.

I was surprised at how well PZ played with Stevie Burt and Puggy being a constant source of frustration to Falmouth, and the shouts of frustration from the Falmouth hiarachy in the stand and touchline proved it. Jowan May ploughed a lonely furrow up front at times and when he had the ball snatched at it a bit. With a little more back-up and realising that in the higher leagues you get a little more time on the ball he will fit in well into the SWPL West and will be a threat to defenses up and down the county.

Bring on Helston on Tuesday night at PZ (or if like me you want to remember the good old days of Combo derbies between Pendeen and PZ, our reserves will be at Pendeen for a friendly on the Tuesday. Bad timing but can't be helped)

well Anita, Falmouth is a great place & there are a lot of what I call sticky birds around, but it should not take you to long to guess, just think of a well known Cornish forum member, who suports Falmouth, & you could associate his forum name with a certain type of bird,

Hammers :clapper::drink::yahoo::c:

Goose???. Seagull???.

What a load of rubish you talk Cornish teddy boy,

I heard that you were at the match in the stand, & yes the first half Penzance controlled most of the Game, But for the seconed half you must have fallen asleep because from where I stood & whatched the Game Falmouth were in controll & Penzance were a little lucky to get away with a 3- 1 defeat as falmouth spent a good proportion of the half shooting at the PZ Goal in fact lady luck was without doubt, on PZ side,

Cornish Teddy boy when you go to these Matches you must really try to stay awake, because at the moment you are missing so much,

Hammers :clapper::thumbsup: :c:

Guest Dermot

I didnt know it was a charity match,or even an official South Western standard match (level 4 Ref required) until just before kick off as both myself and Anita were called in at very short notice,normally i ask for£10 expenses for pre season friendlies,so that is all i expected,i picked Anita up on the way from Newquay to save her getting the train,after the game a Falmouth Official left the £16 match fee as well as the £10 in the Refs changing room.I will send a cheque off to Pidge at Falmouth to help with the charity and hopefully with all the players from both sides expenses donated as well it should amount to a tidy sum ? ;0) :thumbsup:

I didnt know it was a charity match,or even an official South Western standard match (level 4 Ref required) until just before kick off as both myself and Anita were called in at very short notice,normally i ask for£10 expenses for pre season friendlies,so that is all i expected,i picked Anita up on the way from Newquay to save her getting the train,after the game a Falmouth Official left the £16 match fee as well as the £10 in the Refs changing room.I will send a cheque off to Pidge at Falmouth to help with the charity and hopefully with all the players from both sides expenses donated as well it should amount to a tidy sum ? ;0) :thumbsup:

yes well done dermot,would be nice if the players follow suit, :yahoo: :yahoo:

We got told not long before ko it wasnt a friendly. If someone had came around with some sort of collection box i would of been more then happy to make a donation. But i didn't know we HAD to give any expenses we get for a match to charity. Mine went behind the bar after my 2nd game of the day. :drink: