Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey move to avoid relegation?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to it Mike! Just saw that on thisisplymnouth. So much for my contacts!

I've heard Blackler, White, Alexander and Barwell have all signed

to the best of my knowledge nanks, shane is still a falmouth player

Shane White expected to sign in time for the game tomorrow if possible

I have it on good authority that Shane White is not permitted to sign for Blazey at present.

At the moment it sounds as if no one able to sign! Alleged illegal approaches for some, another player not able to leave present club because of non-payment of fines. The revival could well be delayed!

i cannot understand why shane white would want to leave falmouth. i don't know him or the situation at blazey but this seems motivated by one thing. Hasn't it been stated that he wants to play at a higher level? this move is not going to help him achieve that, a strange move at strange time.

if, as you said "i cannot understand" why suggest its motivated by one thing,

If its not money Shane is motivated by then he should just go back to torpoint and be at his local club no real expense!

I'm sure he would be the top earner again there.

Without having to travel.

local club ? shane was born in plymouth lived in plymouth,continues to live in plymouth,

Mr white it was not a dig at all!

Think you got the wrong end of it I for one would love to see Shane at the heart of torpoints defence or midfield again!

Great lad great player deserves whatever he gets paid in my own opinion he is the best center half in the league.

Was a shame to see him leave but would be great to see him back.

All the best to whatever he chooses.

If its not money Shane is motivated by then he should just go back to torpoint and be at his local club no real expense!

I'm sure he would be the top earner again there.

Without having to travel.

local club ? shane was born in plymouth lived in plymouth,continues to live in plymouth,

Mr white it was not a dig at all!

Think you got the wrong end of it I for one would love to see Shane at the heart of torpoints defence or midfield again!

Great lad great player deserves whatever he gets paid in my own opinion he is the best center half in the league.

Was a shame to see him leave but would be great to see him back.

All the best to whatever he chooses.

didnt think it was a dig, just stating that shane is a plymouth lad

I have it on good authority that Shane White is not permitted to sign for Blazey at present.

At the moment it sounds as if no one able to sign! Alleged illegal approaches for some, another player not able to leave present club because of non-payment of fines. The revival could well be delayed!

dave could you please explain why shane cant sign for blazey, on the basis of allegations made by carey/falmouth, shane cannot play now til this is sorted, why is he penalised without being proven guilty of anything. if proven innocent will falmouth be charged with making false allegations ie fine/points deducted. if not whats to stop any bitter manager/club/player doing this

one thing does spring to mind though POT & KETTLE

From what I hear he can't sign until the allegation of an illegal approach is considered.

Obviously I don't know all the ins and outs about how the approach was undertaken, but it sounds as if Falmouth feel they have some ground to protest. However, how do the CCFA go about finding out?

Presumably they will ask the two clubs involved - St Blazey will no doubt say that they did it correctly, within the right parameters of notifying Falmouth and then waiting to speak to Shane. As far as I see Falmouth will need to have solid information/evidence that St Blazey went outside of the rules. If its involving the permitted timescales, that's easy to define. But who's to know if St Blazey tapped him up beforehand? And more important who will tell anyway!

Let's be honest, illegal approaches have always gone on. No club is going to put in an approach, unless it is worth it, and they won't know it's worth it unless the player has suggested it is. Be it via a fellow player who is a contact or whatever. You can't stop it happening. In this case, Falmouth presumably feel aggrieved enough to make it at least awkward, if not stop the transfer happening.

At the end of the day, Falmouth are only delaying the inevitable - Shane won't be content playing for Falmouth again, and so the transfer will go ahead, but maybe not quite as soon as originally intended!

And no - Falmouth won't lose any points, but just waste everyone's time - how often have these allegation ever been upheld?

And yes - POT & KETTLE, but everyone does it!

dave could you please explain why shane cant sign for blazey, on the basis of allegations made by carey/falmouth, shane cannot play now til this is sorted, why is he penalised without being proven guilty of anything. if proven innocent will falmouth be charged with making false allegations ie fine/points deducted. if not whats to stop any bitter manager/club/player doing this

one thing does spring to mind though POT & KETTLE

What is White being accused of?

Sounds like a whole can of worms being opened here with regards to illegal approaches ......

On another subject though , where has all this newfound Blazey money suddenly come from ? Why was it not available before ?

Is it just for the remainder of this season , or has new financing been provided on a longer term basis ?

Much as want to see Blazey stay up I would hope that the long term future of the club hasn't been gambled on a short term fix .

To clear things up....

There isnt mega money to help get St Blazey out the brown stuff.

The future of the club will never be risked for this league, not a bloody chance!!

I believe a few fans have got together to help St Blazey and start preparing for next season.

If the gossip is true, the royal marines dont want to stay up, so they will happily go down. One will certainly win promotion, (Buckland) and St Blazey will stay up anyway. As disapointed as so many will be, thats the likely out come and ill be enjoying the summer ready to go again in August.

As for this season, nailed on we finish in the bottom 3, at this rate Ivybridge wont even play anymore football this season, and all will be ok. We couldnt score in an Ibiza brothel, so lets fast forward the next couple months and be done with it.

Its truly awful to watch. :wacko:

Have been told from an approached player that its all about keeping Blazey in the league this season. The money being offered is considerably less than what they are currently getting, but as long as they stay up, next season they will definetly be competing with additional players following. He didnt say where the money was going to come from. But obviously those being asked to come on less money now have been assured next season they will be suitably rewarded!

And we all no that will never happen in a million years Mike. They dont want to play down here. Why would they want to face possible mid week trips as far as Falmouth, Pz etc.

And to be honest, if they go down, whats it matter, the crowds are rubbish, they cant get much worse, what would be the big loss? Im beginning to wonder.

Maybe a good shake up then would change the thinking behind what the club want to achieve. Its a depressing place with no atmosphere and it looks like it needs some TLC. Well like many grounds then!!

Not even worried about it now. Just gona see what happens and what will be will be.

Seeing as weve being paying peanuts all season, £3000 grand if your loose women are correct, gossiping women always are apparently, works out to less a grand a month and probably £200 a week tops. That on top of what the club pay now still leaves the club well short of many clubs in this league. Getting players at this stage of the season is not easy.

Lets hope a half decent end to the season will push the club forward next season.

And we all no that will never happen in a million years Mike. They dont want to play down here. Why would they want to face possible mid week trips as far as Falmouth, Pz etc.

And to be honest, if they go down, whats it matter, the crowds are rubbish, they cant get much worse, what would be the big loss? Im beginning to wonder.

Maybe a good shake up then would change the thinking behind what the club want to achieve. Its a depressing place with no atmosphere and it looks like it needs some TLC. Well like many grounds then!!

Not even worried about it now. Just gona see what happens and what will be will be.

Agreed Paul- It was just an indication of the remote possibilities of clubs coming down to the Peninsula League

If there is is a trickle of clubs taking seasonal promotion from the SWPL the only replenishment will come from below.

This will make the League a lesser standard and status in th "Pyramid"

After what you said St.Blazey look safe to keep their Premier placing whatever their final position which will be better news for fellow SWPL clubs next season.

So it could be for the Premier- one out and up-one down-two up from Div.1 keeping the numbers the same.

"If there is is a trickle of clubs taking seasonal promotion from the SWPL the only replenishment will come from below.

This will make the League a lesser standard and status in th "Pyramid""

This aspect of the pyramid system just isn't right! For a club to go up, there must be a club to replace it from the Western League. We're all part of the FA system. Why can't they shuffle a club across as they do elsewhere in the country

"If there is is a trickle of clubs taking seasonal promotion from the SWPL the only replenishment will come from below.

This will make the League a lesser standard and status in th "Pyramid""

This aspect of the pyramid system just isn't right! For a club to go up, there must be a club to replace it from the Western League. We're all part of the FA system. Why can't they shuffle a club across as they do elsewhere in the country

The Western League has suffered even more in comparison, over the last 20 years about a dozen clubs have gone up to the Southern League yet the last clubs to come down were in 1983!

I feel this is not Shane Whites fault and he should not be punished by any wrong doing of what the higher authority have whisked up. And I agree with Dave that a certain member of FTFC is delaying the inevitable and making things slightly awkward before proceedings that Shane will sign for St. Blazey. However, as for the main topic, I have good rescources that tell me Glynn Hobbs and Shane Krac will not be leaving Plymouth Parkway, however, the versatile Marc Bonney has been linked back to Blaise Park following his orders that he can now return to football after his head injury. I don't believe anybody will be leaving Newquay for Blazey as NFC are going strong and have a good/solid squad to push for promotion and play well next season if this success provails. Ben Elphick is on the transfer merry go round and would also be a good addition to Bobbys team, if not illegally tapped on facebook or twitter. *tongue in cheek*.

I feel this is not Shane Whites fault and he should not be punished by any wrong doing of what the higher authority have whisked up. And I agree with Dave that a certain member of FTFC is delaying the inevitable and making things slightly awkward before proceedings that Shane will sign for St. Blazey. However, as for the main topic, I have good rescources that tell me Glynn Hobbs and Shane Krac will not be leaving Plymouth Parkway, however, the versatile Marc Bonney has been linked back to Blaise Park following his orders that he can now return to football after his head injury. I don't believe anybody will be leaving Newquay for Blazey as NFC are going strong and have a good/solid squad to push for promotion and play well next season if this success provails. Ben Elphick is on the transfer merry go round and would also be a good addition to Bobbys team, if not illegally tapped on facebook or twitter. *tongue in cheek*.

I never believed for one minute kraccie or Hobbs would leave parkway they play great and are the heart of parkway,Elphicks between the sticks at the ashes now hider has left so don't think he's on the merry go round anymore.gonna be hard to find decent players this time of the season now really feel for Blazey but they are still in with a chance.

To be honest i think there are a fair few players in this league that are just as effective on the field of play as these so called big names but alot of them are without the baggage of disciplinary problems etc.wouldnt want to name names in case i upset any managers but feel these are the types blazey should be looking at and are more likely to be obtainable.