Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results 21/01/12

mawnan 2 st day 3rds 2

just like to say a fantastic effort from the saints today, 2-1 up and just not enough strenght in depth to maintain the lead after an onslaught from a very good mawnan side, well played lads, more of the same next game.

scorers Tom Rosenfeld & Justin James

Saints MOM the back 5, an unbelivable effort

Guest smashing pumpkin

Division 3

Threemilestone 1-8 Hayle

A few grumbles coming out of the Threemilestone camp in relation to the Hayle player who notched 5 of their goals yesterday...

If you're refering to dropping 1st team players down, everyone does it as Hayle 4ths found to their cost yesterday.

It is my understanding that the player in question does not ordinarily play for their 1st team. Not sure whether much can be done about it though.

That was our boy Barney that scored 5 Joe , he signed for them last week .

Hayle 4ths lost to west Cornwall reserves 4-1?

who did west cornwall drop in then ?

Division 3

Threemilestone 1-8 Hayle

A few grumbles coming out of the Threemilestone camp in relation to the Hayle player who notched 5 of their goals yesterday...

If you're refering to dropping 1st team players down, everyone does it as Hayle 4ths found to their cost yesterday.

It is my understanding that the player in question does not ordinarily play for their 1st team. Not sure whether much can be done about it though.

The player who was dropped was my self (Ian Chatfield) after starting a 2nd job recently i found my self feeling really tired and spoke to my mananger the night before about me sitting on the bench for the 1st team as i usualy play for the 1st team. Until meeting at the pub i did not get told i was playing for the 2nds until then so it was not planned to drop 1st team players in as the first team were playing lizard who are top of div 2. This year i've played more 2nd team games then 1st so you could argue either way. One player does not make a team, even though i did score 3 the whole team played well and didn't give moaning hayle a sniff all game. Beaten by the better team its called now a days, slightly BITTER i might like to add. Few of the players didn't shake hands after the match moaning about us and the referee who i thought didn't do anything wrong, handbags were out from both teams but delt with the matter well. Any way 3 more points and 3 more goals to the tally enough said.

WEST CORNWALL

Guest smashing pumpkin

Division 3

Threemilestone 1-8 Hayle

The player who was dropped was my self (Ian Chatfield) after starting a 2nd job recently i found my self feeling really tired and spoke to my mananger the night before about me sitting on the bench for the 1st team as i usualy play for the 1st team. Until meeting at the pub i did not get told i was playing for the 2nds until then so it was not planned to drop 1st team players in as the first team were playing lizard who are top of div 2. This year i've played more 2nd team games then 1st so you could argue either way. One player does not make a team, even though i did score 3 the whole team played well and didn't give moaning hayle a sniff all game. Beaten by the better team its called now a days, slightly BITTER i might like to add. Few of the players didn't shake hands after the match moaning about us and the referee who i thought didn't do anything wrong, handbags were out from both teams but delt with the matter well. Any way 3 more points and 3 more goals to the tally enough said.

WEST CORNWALL

according to the trelawney league you (ian chatfield) have played 12 games for your 1st team and 2 second team games this season , im by no

means a math expert but i think after working it out with my special formula you have more 1st team games. unless the people who update the trelawney

website are wrong. not that it matters like that anyway you have signed for the club west cornwall so they play you were ever they want. but you are a good player and should not really be playing divsion 5, when in 12 games you have played for your 1st team you have scored 18 goals!!!. but like a say according to the website.

Division 3

Threemilestone 1-8 Hayle

WEST CORNWALL

according to the trelawney league you (ian chatfield) have played 12 games for your 1st team and 2 second team games this season , im by no

means a math expert but i think after working it out with my special formula you have more 1st team games. unless the people who update the trelawney

website are wrong. not that it matters like that anyway you have signed for the club west cornwall so they play you were ever they want. but you are a good player and should not really be playing divsion 5, when in 12 games you have played for your 1st team you have scored 18 goals!!!. but like a say according to the website.

If you would like to read what i said "AS I USUALLY PLAY FOR THE 1ST TEAM" I have played 1 2games for the 1st teamas i suslayy play for the first team, but im a club man if the firsts want me to play for them im glad also same applies for the 2nd team ill give 100% either way. My fitness was a concern so the 1st team mananger decided to drop me which i can't argue. I also said that i've played 2 games for the 2nds and 1 for the 1st you got to remember were in 2012 now yes you can argue im 1st team having played more games for them, but league rules state if you play 3 games in a row for your 1st team you are not able to play for the 2nds as i have wanted to before in the past but was unable to due to this rule. I always help the club out being the 2nd team mananger last season i do the best i can even playing in goal a few times this season. I don't care what standard im playing as i've played decent leverl before i just enjoy my football and go home again

Guest smashing pumpkin

Division 3

Threemilestone 1-8 Hayle

WEST CORNWALL

If you would like to read what i said "AS I USUALLY PLAY FOR THE 1ST TEAM" I have played 1 2games for the 1st teamas i suslayy play for the first team, but im a club man if the firsts want me to play for them im glad also same applies for the 2nd team ill give 100% either way. My fitness was a concern so the 1st team mananger decided to drop me which i can't argue. I also said that i've played 2 games for the 2nds and 1 for the 1st you got to remember were in 2012 now yes you can argue im 1st team having played more games for them, but league rules state if you play 3 games in a row for your 1st team you are not able to play for the 2nds as i have wanted to before in the past but was unable to due to this rule. I always help the club out being the 2nd team mananger last season i do the best i can even playing in goal a few times this season. I don't care what standard im playing as i've played decent leverl before i just enjoy my football and go home again

sorry i must have read it wrong , thought you put you had played more 2nd team games then 1st.

Guest smashing pumpkin

hold on a min you put this year you have played more 2nd team games , so by that you mean 2012 which were only 22days into. and not the season so far august til the present day.

so you are a 1st team player and when you say you have evan helped out by playing in goal thats you strongest postion you played for newquay , hayle and mousehole at penisula leval in goal.

Division 3

Threemilestone 1-8 Hayle

WEST CORNWALL

sorry i must have read it wrong , thought you put you had played more 2nd team games then 1st.

As a hayle player playing in the game, it must be said that it was a poor game overall. BOTH teams moaning a heck of a lot and the referee had no control over the game (even booked a hayle player for reacting to getting head butted even though it a little head but but still a head butt nonetheless)!

West Cornwall dropping first team players down to play made a difference to that's their problem if they don't trust their others player :clapper:

A really poor game to play in and im sure even spectators got bored of the constant moaning.

See you in a couple of weeks for the return game :)

Am I not right in saying that the rule states that u are allowed to drop 2 players? Let's be honest every team has done it!! We (not being west cornwall) played illogan 3 weeks ago and turned up and there first team didn't have a game do Barry wyatt played in goal! (in my eyes one of the best keepers around) did we come on here and moan about it?? No it was a good game enjoyed by all and the illogan boys were a good bunch of lads. Point of the matter is rather than worrying about what the other team have got why not worry about what player you have?

Not moaning about it, im sure we hayle have done it this season. was just mentioning that they dropped players down!

Ha ha I like that you mentioned on here about dropping players down as I just read through your Hayle Combo result and I noticed Kev Lawrence scored for your 2nd's, I'm assuming he was dropped down from your 1st team to play as they didn't have a game due to Senior Cup, but I guess that's OK?

Why bother being a club of more than 1 team if you are not going to take advantage of moving players amongst all 2\3 sides that's the point!! You help each other out be it players coming up or players dropping down.

The only time I would say it is wrong to drop players down is where I think a Peninsula side could if they wanted drop down their entire side to play in a combo game, that to me is then just cheating. If they only drop down 1 or 2 players I have no issue but when some clubs have dropped 6,7 or 8 its just cheating.

Trispen 1-2 St.Just (HT 0-1)

A close game in difficult weather conditions - a strong wind and a muddy pitch meant it was never going to be a footballing spectacle. St.Just now back to full strength due to suspensions & injuries went 1-0 when Joe Sturgeon was fouled in the box and Stefan Smith scored the resulting penalty.

Second half St.Just went 2-0 up when Joe Sturgeon FINALLY rounded the excellent, and old timer,Trispen keeper (who kept them in the game on numerous occasions). Trispen came back more or less straight away with a strike from the edge of the box.

The Trispen keeper later saved a poor Stefan Smith penalty to keep the scoreline down, and somehow the rebound never found its way in.

On the plus side, the referee (the ex-praze player in his first year of refereeing) did an excellent job in what could've been a difficult game! It was also a pleasure after 10 years or driving 35 miles and changing in a metal shed with sometimes no shower, to go into top facilities with new changing rooms and hot showers, and some chips and sandwiches put on afterwards!!

Thanks to the Trispen lads for the hospitality!

Trelawny Prem

Carharrack 1 (0) - (0) 1 Mawnan

I would say this was a game of two halves. Mawnan dominated the first half with not much action at there goal to be fair. Mawnan dominated with the ball and the wind behind them but never used this to there advantage, Mawnan created at best 3 chances in the first half with a brillant tackle from moyler and then i close range shot tipped over the bar by myself but they did have a goal disallowed for offside . Carharrack did have a chance of there own but Mawnan keeper made a good one on one save to keep the scoreline level. HT 0-0

the 2nd half was more carharrack and carharrack created little also to be fair. with the muddy conditions affecting the footballing side of the game. however carharrack missed a one on one and then was unlucky with a distance shot. mawnan did have a good chance with a very large goal mouth scramble going on for what seemed a lifetime but was about a mnute of tackles and putting bodies on the line but carharrack stayed resiliant. Then after Mr lee came on as sub and sparked some legs back into carharrack and opened up the mawnan side with a darting run , skipping past 5 players and rifling a 25 yard effort past the keeper in off the post. 1-0 Carharrack :clapper: . Mawnan then gambled late on with subs coming on but it was Kev Morris (i think) who leveled the game with a 18 yard shot taking a deflection off a turned up piece of mud sending the ball into the bottom corner 1-1.

i would like to thank the ref who was on holiday for doing the game he was very good i felt with advantage and being able to talk to him a real top job.

i would like to also thank mawnan for coming back to the clubhouse. i would also like to wish ollie all the best with his injury and a speedie recovery. :c:

Deflection my ass

In the above report it states how jamie.c is the goalkeeper for Carharrack, so how can you comment with "deflection my ass" when he would of have the best view of this event? I would have to say that a keeper writing an honest report of the game, due to you only moaning about a deflection and nothing else! That everyone would be more partial too having confidence with his statement rather than yours unless you was behind his goal when this happened??

Trelawny Prem

I would say this was a game of two halves. Mawnan dominated the first half with not much action at there goal to be fair. Mawnan dominated with the ball and the wind behind them but never used this to there advantage, Mawnan created at best 3 chances in the first half with a brillant tackle from moyler and then i close range shot tipped over the bar by myself but they did have a goal disallowed for offside . Carharrack did have a chance of there own but Mawnan keeper made a good one on one save to keep the scoreline level. HT 0-0

the 2nd half was more carharrack and carharrack created little also to be fair. with the muddy conditions affecting the footballing side of the game. however carharrack missed a one on one and then was unlucky with a distance shot. mawnan did have a good chance with a very large goal mouth scramble going on for what seemed a lifetime but was about a mnute of tackles and putting bodies on the line but carharrack stayed resiliant. Then after Mr lee came on as sub and sparked some legs back into carharrack and opened up the mawnan side with a darting run , skipping past 5 players and rifling a 25 yard effort past the keeper in off the post. 1-0 Carharrack :clapper: . Mawnan then gambled late on with subs coming on but it was Kev Morris (i think) who leveled the game with a 18 yard shot taking a deflection off a turned up piece of mud sending the ball into the bottom corner 1-1.

i would like to thank the ref who was on holiday for doing the game he was very good i felt with advantage and being able to talk to him a real top job.

i would like to also thank mawnan for coming back to the clubhouse. i would also like to wish ollie all the best with his injury and a speedie recovery. :c:

Deflection my ass

In the above report it states how jamie.c is the goalkeeper for Carharrack, so how can you comment with "deflection my ass" when he would of have the best view of this event? I would have to say that a keeper writing an honest report of the game, due to you only moaning about a deflection and nothing else! That everyone would be more partial too having confidence with his statement rather than yours unless you was behind his goal when this happened??

What about if it was him who shot it? Moron.

Not moaning about it, im sure we hayle have done it this season. was just mentioning that they dropped players down!

If you think we dropped him down purposely to strengthen the 2nds then you're mad! Why would the 1st team drop their top scorer when we are playing the team top of the league? Makes no sense.

Ian told the manager he didn't think he was 100% fit through being a little fatigued through work, and carrying a slight knock that he picked up in training,and didn't want to let himself or the team down in such a big game, so the manager took the difficult decision to drop him. Nothing more to it than that. Genuine reasoning behind it. We can put the matter to bed now, no cheating or anything underhand going on.

Case closed.

The forum is here for views and different people have different views. Maybe the keeper knew his angles and it was going wide so left it until it hit the divert and guided it into the net??

Trelawny Prem

Deflection my ass

Is there any need for that, the only moron is you by the sound of it.

Trelawny Prem

Deflection my ass

Is there any need for that, the only moron is you by the sound of it.

Well it was a stupid thing to say

On the whole dropping players down argument.personally myself i cant see anything wrong with it! every club wud do it if they were able to.

Hayle 4th probably feel a little bit aggrieved because they lost.. but it had nothing to do with ian playing!..

i play for hayle and to be honest the 4th team have been going well,but for me this result cud be the kick they need if they want to win the league..each week i hear some saying the league is there's,, now with this defeat hopoefully it will spur them on to realise it wont be a stroll in the park,

i myself dropped down to the combo on Saturday as we had no game,but did mullion complain? NO,wat they did is realise the 1sts had no game, and brought 2 peninsula players in themselves and those players don't even play for mullion.

it goes on everywhere and always will,but thats life.nothing wud have been said had the 4ths beaten west cornwall!!!!!!!!!!!!!.if the combo didnt want me saturday i wud have got reinstated to play for hayle 3rds v threemilestone..not to glory hunt just simply because i want to have a game of football and a laugh with my mates........................THAT IS ALL

Guest smashing pumpkin

On the whole dropping players down argument.personally myself i cant see anything wrong with it! every club wud do it if they were able to.

Hayle 4th probably feel a little bit aggrieved because they lost.. but it had nothing to do with ian playing!..

i play for hayle and to be honest the 4th team have been going well,but for me this result cud be the kick they need if they want to win the league..each week i hear some saying the league is there's,, now with this defeat hopoefully it will spur them on to realise it wont be a stroll in the park,

i myself dropped down to the combo on Saturday as we had no game,but did mullion complain? NO,wat they did is realise the 1sts had no game, and brought 2 peninsula players in themselves and those players don't even play for mullion.

it goes on everywhere and always will,but thats life.nothing wud have been said had the 4ths beaten west cornwall!!!!!!!!!!!!!.if the combo didnt want me saturday i wud have got reinstated to play for hayle 3rds v threemilestone..not to glory hunt just simply because i want to have a game of football and a laugh with my mates........................THAT IS ALL

that makes me laugh if some of your 4th team members think they got it the bag. can they not work out the maths? if wendron praze west cornwall and newlyn win

there games in hand hayle drop to 5th. hayle have a hard run in coming up, having west cornwall and wendron twice in the next month. if hayle do win the league tho it wont have been easy as there harly running away with it. i would say west cornwall will win league especally if ian chatfeild is playing in the resevres.

that makes me laugh if some of your 4th team members think they got it the bag. can they not work out the maths? if wendron praze west cornwall and newlyn win

there games in hand hayle drop to 5th. hayle have a hard run in coming up, having west cornwall and wendron twice in the next month. if hayle do win the league tho it wont have been easy as there harly running away with it. i would say west cornwall will win league especally if ian chatfeild is playing in the resevres.

well i may have been abit full on wit them saying there gonna win it,but there was a certain swagger in some of them,that thought they were untouchable.so will be interesting to see how they pick themselves up from wat seems abit of a hammering.only time will tell

they are a good young side wit a few old heads and if they can stay together i can see them being succesful at some point.....

Guest smashing pumpkin

im sure they will, they wudnt be in the position they are if they wasnt a good team.

but anything can happen from now until april, iv been in postions in previous seaosns where i thought "we will win this league"

but ended up 2nd 3rd etc. all i can say is there is 6 or 7 teams that are still in the title running in div 5 personally west cornwall are the best iv played in div 5 havent come up againt hayle yet.

i think it is fair to drop and promote players from the same club but it gets silly when players play for say a 1st team in peninsula then play for a completely diffrent club in the trelawney leagues surely a player should only be allowed to sign for 1 club. helping other sides within the club i cant see a problem with. every club for themselves.

Hayle87 interesting point but how do you feel about replacing someone in these teams who turn up week in week out only for you to decide you want to play when your team doesnt play ?

Ive got to say its not nice deano but at the end of the day im a footballer that will play if selected!.im a club man,if the 3rd team manager wants me to play for his side i would.it wud be the same if the 4ths wanted me,its not a glory hunting thing,ive been there and done that with madron a few years ago,but realised that it wasnt right for me after scoring 59 goals before christmas,so i left!! its simply to play a game of football when i havent got a game to keep me sharp for when my team do have a game.luckily in the past i have dropped down to help out quite alot and most of the time there doesnt seem to be much hassle with me being put in the team!

My view is that if you do drop players this can effect team morale not all the time but sometimes but it can really get to certain players I think yeah if your short do it everyone wants to play a you don't want games cancelled but if there full squads available leave it that's my personal opinion

as a manager i dont play first team purely for the fact i have a good sqaud so i wouldnt play a first teamer and leave a loyal player that are there week in week out without a game but if i couldnt raise a sise then of course i would. there is nothing worse when u go to a game in the lower leagues only to find you are playing against ringers

as a manager i dont play first team purely for the fact i have a good sqaud so i wouldnt play a first teamer and leave a loyal player that are there week in week out without a game but if i couldnt raise a sise then of course i would. there is nothing worse when u go to a game in the lower leagues only to find you are playing against ringers

I as a manager of a reserve side must always accept that it is my duty to the senior side/club to play so-called ringers to assist in their rehabilitation from injury or other long period of not playing. My squad have known that from the outset and no matter how tough it sounds, them is the rules and i make no apology to any opponent - however, i wont play so-called ringers just for the sake of it - you have my word for what its worth