Cornwall Football Forum

Funniest thing in cornish football, defo!!

For those of you who witnessed this it is was priceless!! Watching Jez Baldwin play in goal in the south western league for newquay up at Parkway.He was absolutely awful and was taken off by les gilbert after 60 mins at 5-0. I went in goal to which he replied when I asked him for his gloves " are you taking the p**s?" We lost 7-0 but i got the biggest cheer of the game when I saved my first shot! :clapper:

For those of you who witnessed this it is was priceless!! Watching Jez Baldwin play in goal in the south western league for newquay up at Parkway.He was absolutely awful and was taken off by les gilbert after 60 mins at 5-0. I went in goal to which he replied when I asked him for his gloves " are you taking the p**s?" We lost 7-0 but i got the biggest cheer of the game when I saved my first shot! :clapper:

Perhaps putting this in the topic entitled "Whats is the funniest thing you have seen in local football?" would have been more appropriate and less funny than opening a new topic entitled......... wait for it.....................

"Funniest thing in cornish football, defo!! "........

Therefore,the funniest thing i've personally seen in local/cornish football (depends which topic i'm replying to? :wacko: ) is the topic entitled "Funniest thing in cornish football, defo!! ", which was placed immediately next to another topic which was entitled "Whats is the funniest thing you have seen in local football?" . I mean "come on", I consider myself something of an outsider but i would never distance myself enough to feel the need to answer each post with a seperate topic which was created by cleverly manipulating the title of the previous mentioned topic by subtracting the words "what is the" and then adding the word "cornish".... Ok, i'm about as clever as a pet hedgehog in a condom factory but even i wouldn't have done that... :blink:

"GOD I LOVE THE CORNISH SOCCER FORUM"

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Even the Newquay Loyal who travelled that day laughed, the keeper couldn't catch a cold and had probably only ever played subutteo before blagging the keepers shirt, said he had played for Notts County Youth or was it that he had played with one of them :blink: