Cornwall Football Forum

Any Players on the move?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Elphick is going to Saltash.

Can't see that happening!

Why not? He's a great keeper 3 seasons at parkway he was outstanding and since being at torpoint he's proved himself their to be consistent. I did find out the only reason he left parkway was because of an argument with one of the managers and since leaving there have been others leaving for exactly the same thing.question is will piper be back like sliced bread said to torpoint if Elphick does move?

Well after my heroic display agaisnt Argyle pre season (copy of DVD available upon request to all young aspiring keepers) Romain has given me the nod and wants to sign me as cover for Jake Cole. To be fair I can't believe its taken them this long, I should've been playimg that standard years ago!!

If only things we're that straight cut argyle released keepers (with no disrespect to swpl)with far better quality than in this league they would be looking to them before elsewhere I'm afraid but it's good to dream.however there are a few great outfield players in this league that would fit straight into argyle.

hhmmmmmm not a sniff, the 2nd division is riddled with journeyman players, pocketing 700-800 a week, there are lads plying a trade, pocketing as much, and adding extra bunce playing local league...its just the path/route theve taken/found. hider is better than the argyle keeper, worth a grand a week, but stevensons worth 1100 a week on argyle terms :glare:

Every season people get head hunted for their talent unfortunately if you've not been picked your talent isn't good enough.there's a few leagues between here and division 2 so if managers really needed someone to pick it would have happened. I agree players in this league play with passion for pennies but if you are that good you will get noticed and picked can't think of any names at present but it does happen.

Paul Hider had a very good game between the sticks pre season, i would guess that many of the people watching including myself thought Hider is good enough to don the Argyle jersey, do we all know tho that the expectancy and pressure is on a different level in the pro leagues, having said that i still believe that there are a handfull of players in the Peninsula Premier league that would bring improvements to many Pro clubs in all but maybe the top two divisions, Hider being one of those players ,we see it not often enough when a manager from the pro ranks brings in a player from the lower leagues seen as a gamble that ends up being scouted by Premier league clubs. To steal a quote it's a funny old game!!!

Paul Hider had a very good game between the sticks pre season, i would guess that many of the people watching including myself thought Hider is good enough to don the Argyle jersey, do we all know tho that the expectancy and pressure is on a different level in the pro leagues, having said that i still believe that there are a handfull of players in the Peninsula Premier league that would bring improvements to many Pro clubs in all but maybe the top two divisions, Hider being one of those players ,we see it not often enough when a manager from the pro ranks brings in a player from the lower leagues seen as a gamble that ends up being scouted by Premier league clubs. To steal a quote it's a funny old game!!!

I have seen hider play he's a really good keeper also seen others play eg Ben Elphick at and parkway when they played saltash both keepers played excellent and also remember ben Elphick lifting almost every trophy for parkway one season except golden boot he also is a good keeper who if I'm correct went through the argyle youth system and had interest from Watford at one point. Piper had a great season last year also but agree with surfer duck none are at pro level but could be with full time training etc but are still great keepers hider and piper have years of experience and Elphick is still young but he still cuts the mustard but he won't be going to argyle either just swpl.Glyn Hobbs I believe could cut pro level just needs to calm down slightly on the pitch but it's only my opinion don't want the superstars of tomorrow on my back ;@)

In my opinion Devon and Cornwall have always produced good Keepers and a few mentioned ie Hider, Stevenson, Piper could perhaps step up to pro level, I always consider how much more would players benefit if they were training every day, they would also be playing with better players, as for outfield players Glyn Hobbs is too good not to be playing as a pro, i am aware of the massive difference between the SWPL and the pro leagues, players in our region do get missed and over looked as youngsters, i believe the outfield players need to be at pro clubs from an early age really so it's difficult for me to name outfield players other than Hobbs.

Ben Elphick is going to Saltash.

Can't see that happening!

oops!!!!

Thought Ben would of stayed to be honest?

Shame as when hider is fit he will most likely end up being pushed out again same as what happened parkway!

Best of luck to him.

Only time will tell on that one. He can't play the throgmorton cup games as he's cup tied.you make your bed you have to lie in it. Thing that worries me is torpoint seems to be watching the grass grow rather than sort out managers and strengthen the team lots of players will up and leave if they feel insecure about their club.ben has done well for the short time he was here I was gutted when I found out for sure today but that's footy fingers crossed we get a new keeper soon.

I agree its a shame as hider will be back in when fit. Who will torpoint get to replace elphick? matt England again, or will they try get Gill from plymstock as i heard he covered England at the 2nds when coming back from injury. Or will josh oaks come over from ivy?

Hider has had a few injurys as of late and just a guess but I'm sure saltash can't afford unreliabilty .there seems nothing wrong with two decent keepers playing for saltash I'm sure a lot of clubs would like to do this and both keepers being mature enough to share the responsibility.im also sure Elphick would of been told how it's gonna work and guess he's not nieve enough to think any difference.

Well I would say I am fit!! Only missed one game through injury this season, have missed a few training sessions but mostly due to work!! Ben is a great lad and a bit of competition never hurt anyone so I would welcome him to Saltash, a great club and a great bunch of lads so I'm sure he'll fit in.

Well I would say I am fit!! Only missed one game through injury this season, have missed a few training sessions but mostly due to work!! Ben is a great lad and a bit of competition never hurt anyone so I would welcome him to Saltash, a great club and a great bunch of lads so I'm sure he'll fit in.

There it is professionalism at its best can only make saltash stronger in my opinion(noticed Elphick also wears the ONESPORT gloves)so match made in heaven although I'm gutted we need a keeper still any chance of coming over to torpoint mr hider?

I agree its a shame as hider will be back in when fit. Who will torpoint get to replace elphick? matt England again, or will they try get Gill from plymstock as i heard he covered England at the 2nds when coming back from injury. Or will josh oaks come over from ivy?

Is it not Dan batten that's covering for the second team keeper Matt England?

That's what was reported in the Indy!

Has gill even played for torpoint before?

Is it not Dan batten that's covering for the second team keeper Matt England?

That's what was reported in the Indy!

Has gill even played for torpoint before?

Iam not one for idle rumours............. but, i did hear Phil Ryder,Toffee Tuman,Ray and Graham Nicholls have got there Addidas from the loft, THEY STILL FIT, AND WILL BE AT THE BALL !!!!! THIS WAS BROUGHT TO YOU IN THE FESTIVE SPIRIT................................................................ FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW. JUST 4 players from a great team that played for Newquay. if they were playing today,they would make a good Newquay team into a great one. SO........ if you could turn the clocks back, who would you wish could be playing for your team today,from the past ?????????

Rocknrolla & The Elder, I only played a one off game for Torpoint 2nds. I was helping out Torpoint 2nds and in turn they were helping me by giving me minutes under my belt after i got injured preseason. I'm now back in action, and have been for some time at Plymstock where we're climbing the table!

All the best to Torpoint im sure they will continue to improve and get back to where they should be, 6 wins out of the last 10 (i think) should help!

Assuming youve followed Newquay for many a season, can you select your best all time 11 Never Give Up?

PHILPY, LEWIS HILTON,STU LENTON,TOFFEE, DAVE BALL, LEECHY, DOM EVANS.RAY NICHOLLS,PHILL RYDER, DURKIN,CHRIS MORRIS...........................GRAHAM NICHOLLS,ALAN LENTON,LARRY GRIGG,STREETER................. NOT A BAD TEAM?????????????? THEY WOULD WIN A FEW GAMES. BUT FAR TOO MANY TO CHOOSE. THATS A START FOR YOU. WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

Assuming youve followed Newquay for many a season, can you select your best all time 11 Never Give Up?

PHILPY, LEWIS HILTON,STU LENTON,TOFFEE, DAVE BALL, LEECHY, DOM EVANS.RAY NICHOLLS,PHILL RYDER, DURKIN,CHRIS MORRIS...........................GRAHAM NICHOLLS,ALAN LENTON,LARRY GRIGG,STREETER................. NOT A BAD TEAM?????????????? THEY WOULD WIN A FEW GAMES. BUT FAR TOO MANY TO CHOOSE. THATS A START FOR YOU. WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

Wayne Gredziak (2000-01) was the best Centre Forward I have ever seen in a Peppermints shirt, he was a serving RAF man, played for Scarborough when they were a non-league giant. Scored 14 goals in 12 games including a cracking overhead volley against Falmouth to make it 2-2.

Great to see you included a youngster in your best 11, he must only be 18? What an honour for him to be amongst those other great names.

Wayne Gredziak (2000-01) was the best Centre Forward I have ever seen in a Peppermints shirt, he was a serving RAF man, played for Scarborough when they were a non-league giant. Scored 14 goals in 12 games including a cracking overhead volley against Falmouth to make it 2-2.

I played that night and remember the goal like it happened yesterday! overhead kick from near the edge of the box, quality. shame Wayne wasn't around for long.

I played that night and remember the goal like it happened yesterday! overhead kick from near the edge of the box, quality. shame Wayne wasn't around for long.

He even played for Cornwall, he made such an impact. He also had a fair following of ladies if I remember rightly.

heard torpoint are signing Simon zinn to replace elphick

What did i tell you all? Simon Zinn has resigned for Torpoint and tonight keeped a cleano,top lad and a top keeper

That's great news for us but thought it was only a temporary thing till after Xmas if it is temp BRING BACK PIPER much better in a point short than parkway and at least he enjoyed it here

Guest Back of the net

It was really good to see "Zinny" back in between the posts for us last night! The best keeper we've had for years! I say lets keep him there!!!!!