Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup Expulsion

Christ some of the teams I have played for over the years would be barred for good after some of the antics we got up to on the way back from away games in the cup

This is a senior cup thread not a junior cup thread

Think u will find I have played quite a few senior cup ties in my time( not many in recent years)

And more senior games than a lot of people(not many in recent years)

Plus you put what you wrote inside my quote

What goes around comes around I'm afraid

Would love to St Darren

A few seasons ago your reserve side had played an illeligable player for over half the season. When it was brought to the CCFA and further up the FA ladder it wad brushed under the carpet. Had it been dealt with in the proper manner, your side would of been relegated. Therefore, what goes around comes around I'm afraid. Although I personally find the punishment harsh, In your current situation.

Care to go further with that one?

Having witnessed Luis Suarez be posed with a fine etc for racially abusing a football player i feel that this story also becomes a matter that the FA took the right decision.

If the CCFA felt that they could not make a decision then they would go to the police.

Same with this racist issues with the Barclays Premier League. Surely if someone gets racially abused then they should contact the police. The same if it happens in a street. You don't go to your parents or your school teacher to make a decision on the punishment, you go to the police. So the F.A. are right with what they have done, though personally I agree anything outside of football which this was should become a police matter.

I can,t for the life of me understand how the CCFA got involved regarding this matter ??? Surley from now on all clubs that LOSE in cup games can report the away team for bad behaviour in there pub / club which inturns allows them to get the away team thrown out and then they go through.

This can not be correct this allows a whole can of worms to be opened !!!!!

I'm looking into it further RE : legal standing on this matter will post my findings very soon (i'm by no way connected to either of the clubs or pub involved )

Just very intrested in this matter for footballing reasons

Having witnessed Luis Suarez be posed with a fine etc for racially abusing a football player i feel that this story also becomes a matter that the FA took the right decision.

If the CCFA felt that they could not make a decision then they would go to the police.

Same with this racist issues with the Barclays Premier League. Surely if someone gets racially abused then they should contact the police. The same if it happens in a street. You don't go to your parents or your school teacher to make a decision on the punishment, you go to the police. So the F.A. are right with what they have done, though personally I agree anything outside of football which this was should become a police matter.

bloody hell, hung drawn and quartered straight away with you isn't it?

Luis Suarez has alledgedly racially abused someone, the FA haven't got any evidence on that apart from what Suarez has said that he said.

And for your information, I believe the police have been involved in it but as items were returned and no damage done as such, they took no further action!

Because it was after the St Stephens game that the incident took place and prior to the Falmouth game,therefore Falmouth would be reinstated because between the two ties St Agnes were found guilty of their misdemeaner. If the game was not already played St Stephens would have been reinstated to play Falmouth

Was it the FA or CCFA though?

Mandy quoted as saying:"I think it is also important to clarify that we have not been dealt with by the FA as that seems to have appeared in a couple of reports I have read. This was definitely dealt with by the Cornwall FA."

If it wasn't the FA, one assumes they have a better chance in any appeal they put to the FA.

Guest smashing pumpkin

I've not had one person say to me yet that the punishment is deserved, most are saying, "whats it got to do with the FA"

The public got Deirdre Barlow out of Jail, the public can get St Agnes back in the Senior Cup!! lol

she was known as deidre rachid then tho. maybe st agnes should start a dirty protest up at ccfa head quaters

I don,t think Falmouth Ath would be annoyed if they were not put back into the cup. Players and officials down there have been connected with St Agnes in the past and know they were knocked out fair and square on the day. Also IF they did manage to beat port could they sustain a home draw having to pay for three officials (does,nt come cheap) and the difficulty in charging at the gate. As for St agnes if the players involved and not the club had the ban, would they be able to field a side strong enough to compete in the competition. Whatever the outcome it's making a mockery of ALL concerned. I do feel sorry for Falmouth as they might not have a fixture this weekend through no fault of their own!