Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell v Liskeard - Match Abandoned

Unless Illogan finish in the top 3 in the combo assuming then they apply, none the other top teams in the combo will get promoted.

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 18 12 5 1 54 19 35 41

2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 15 10 3 2 56 17 39 33

3 ST IVES TOWN 14 9 2 3 30 15 15 29

4 ILLOGAN RBL 13 7 4 2 32 17 15 25

5 ST AGNES 12 7 4 1 32 17 15 25

Penryn and Falmouth are reserve sides so can't go up. St Ives facilities (ground) not good enough, St Agnes showers are not separated out so can't go up, leaving only Illogan. Wendron in 6th place could go up but remember they had their fingers burnt before.

So it's looking like promotion for on team from the ECPL to make Div 1 West up to 18 teams with no relegation.

Cor, we've hijacked this topic and changed it's direction.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Illogan finish in the top 3 in the combo assuming then they apply, none the other top teams in the combo will get promoted.

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 18 12 5 1 54 19 35 41

2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 15 10 3 2 56 17 39 33

3 ST IVES TOWN 14 9 2 3 30 15 15 29

4 ILLOGAN RBL 13 7 4 2 32 17 15 25

5 ST AGNES 12 7 4 1 32 17 15 25

Penryn and Falmouth are reserve sides so can't go up. St Ives facilities (ground) not good enough, St Agnes showers are not separated out so can't go up, leaving only Illogan. Wendron in 6th place could go up but remember they had their fingers burnt before.

So it's looking like promotion for on team from the ECPL to make Div 1 West up to 18 teams with no relegation.

Cor, we've hijacked this topic and changed it's direction.

long way to go yet this season CTB

So it would appear we might be getting to the stage where we're running out of clubs that are eligible to go up - does that mean things will get stagnant in the SWPL as it was suggesting the SWL was becoming?

I can't see Illogan wanting to bother seeing in the end they didn't last season. And as you say would Wendron who have been there and tried it, all but unsuccessfully, and then of course let's not forget Perranporth and their current issue with not able to get the players. Could they want to drop out?

Blimey, I must get some happy pills!

Compulsary Relegation and Promotion ........... SIMPLE !!!!!

Dont see why reserve teams cant go up either !!!!!!

mm

So you would force a club who couldn't afford it to be promoted and make them go bust.

Stupid!

FA wouldn't have it anyway for the non-reserve sides! Facilities are paramount - not quite sure why though!

Back on topic...has the Liskeard manager said why he didn't want to continue the game?

Taken from the Western Morning News:-

Edwards said: "I wasn't prepared to carry on with the risk of poor decisions affecting my players. If things went against us, we could get into disciplinary trouble and lose players three or four games down the line, which we didn't want.

"It's the first time this sort of thing has happened to me in my time in football."

Back on topic...has the Liskeard manager said why he didn't want to continue the game?

Edwards said: "I wasn't prepared to carry on with the risk of poor decisions affecting my players. If things went against us, we could get into disciplinary trouble and lose players three or four games down the line, which we didn't want.

"It's the first time this sort of thing has happened to me in my time in football."

He could try instilling some discipline into his team.

I can't ever remember recieving a league handbook in my time time on the SWPL...

Oh and a quick note to non, seeing as you as so in the know, could you please tell me what the referee did at half time in his dressing room? stretches or other forms of exercises to ease the pain in his hammy, if he did then maybe this could have exhasberated the situation but we can only surmise about the reasons why he did not return for the 2nd half, so until you know for definate, get yer nose out. I know Martin and I know he would not have taken the decision to not continue lightly.

And yes I always take my ref's kit and boots when I go away, just in case, 9 times out of 10 they don't come out of the bag but on a handful of accasions they have and at football league level as well.

I don't think you are in a position to comment when you do not know the team or management and how they operate

The reason for not going into the clubhouse has been stated in a previous post by Floss27. If this were a couple of teams at the bottom of the league would there be this much fuss?

MQ

Not a very good reason though, 1 elderly gent shouting, dear oh dear.

That was just to a senior committee member right outside the club house which the committee members that were there were upset by, it was not just shouting it was hurling abuse and with hand gestures all totally uncalled for and unnecessary. Other supporters were verbally abusing the team as well..............how exactly did that help the situation???

The reason for not going into the clubhouse has been stated in a previous post by Floss27. If this were a couple of teams at the bottom of the league would there be this much fuss?

MQ

Not a very good reason though, 1 elderly gent shouting, dear oh dear.

That was just to a senior committee member right outside the club house which the committee members that were there were upset by, it was not just shouting it was hurling abuse and with hand gestures all totally uncalled for and unnecessary. Other supporters were verbally abusing the team as well..............how exactly did that help the situation???

Totally uncalled for and unnecessary. As was the behaviour of your hero manager holding one of our players to the floor last season and headbutting him (photographic evidence in newspaper). No wonder the big tough man didn't want to carry on with 'disciplinary worries' if his players take anything from him.

I don't think you are in a position to comment when you do not know the team or management and how they operate

The Liskeard manager all but stated that he was worried about his team losing it if decisions went against them. That gives anyone position to comment.

Oh dear, somebodys throwing stones again, Jesus, have a bit about yourself 'bushy'. Everybody knows exactly what they get when they go to St austell, so complaining about summit of that nature is something that teams have to deal with on a weekly basis

What do you mean by everybody knows what you get when you go to St Austell.

MM

The Liskeard manager all but stated that he was worried about his team losing it if decisions went against them. That gives anyone position to comment.

And you would have been happy for your team to have carried on with an official of St Austell's choice to take over??? Time to put this to bed and move on and look forward to the replay surely...............