Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Results - Sat 01 Oct 2011

AFC St Austell 3-3 Premier Sixes - P6 win 4-2 on pens HT 0-0 FT 2-2

An epic at poltair despite both teams missing several key players.

65 min 1-0 P6 Josh Mitchell

83 min 2-0 P6 Josh Mitchell

Cue P6 double subsititution as result appeared in bag

87 min 2-1

94 min 2-2

Extra time

1 min 3-2 P6 (15 seconds after kick off) Steve Wootton

29 min Josh Mitchell misses an open goal to kill tie off

30 seconds later a cross into the P6 box is headed home with 20 seconds remaining

Penalties - I thought we would struggle as St Austell has Kai Stone in nets but all our penalties went in easily with St Austell hitting the bar with their second and Dave Morton saving their fourth. That was our SEVENTH consecutive AWAY match in the Junior Cup (127-1 but whose counting ffs) in the last 3 seasons. A home tie some time this century would be nice.

am i seeng things or are he results a bit topsy turvy - looks like the higher placed sides have not had it all their own way in the junior cup. Just good cup upsets or misplaced sides???

Agreed.... Trelawney 2 showing what a strong league it is.....

Madron beating Halsetown (Trelawney 1)

St Just beating Gwinear (Premier)

Rosudgeon beating St Day (Trelawney 1)

Cury Beating Mousehole (Premier)

Stithians Beating Falmouth Albion (Premier)

West Cornwall only losing 1-0 to Premier table toppers Goonhavern

Junior cup

Gulval 4 v 2 Sennen

We was 3 up took our foot of the pedal and let them back into the game with 15 mins to go. Grinty scored with a delightful lob to secure the win, game was played in a very good manner and beautiful sun shine. Sennen were a good bunch of lads, gracious in defeat and stayed for a couple of drinks :drink::clapper:

Goalscorers for Gulval - Janner Philips, Si James, Alex Grint, Matty Williams

St.Just 3-2 Gwinear (HT 2-0)

A fine performance from a full strength St.Just side to beat a Gwinear side who are flying high in the Premier Division. St.Just went 1-0 from a battleing Sam 'Peck' Capstick and just before half time a Liam Wallis cross was headed in by Jack Willis, who led the line well upfront for St.Just all game. With both center halves having to come off at half time due to injury, St.Just had to change their formation, with young Sam Nicholls deputising well. Gwinear squeezed one in to make it game on with half an hour left, but on the counter attack a Scott Meagor shot deflected into the path of Jack Willis, who volleyed home to restore St.Justs 2 goal gap. In the last 15 minutes Gwinear missed 3 absolute sitters, as the St.Just side were hanging on to what they had. Gwinear made it 3-2 with 5 minutes left which put St.Just on edge. Jack Willis could've sealed the game but put a couple of good chances wide, but St.Just managed to hold on with great defending from Dave George, who had a fine game at left back.

St.Just MOM: Jack Willis

hollywell&cubert 5 st.keverne 3

got to be honest here and say that although st.keverne had enough chances to maybe even have won this game(some gr8 1v1 saves from home keeper)that the home side deserved this win.two red cards in 2nd half for st.k didnt help things,first of which seemed slightly harsh(no real complaints bout 2nd) but regardless,think the result was fair.

good luck to hollywell in rest of comp,should have decent run if they continue to play as they did today,well played guys

Trispen 2-6 storm

Both teams really determined with neither having a win this season. Trispen scored a great goal to which we instantly replied. We then scored a second goal not long after. Half time at 2-1 up it could of gone either way and after a slightly Ropey start we got our third and then fourth through some good play. Trispen did panic is for a moment when they pulled it back to 4-2 but we went on to complete the scoring and make it 6-2

Would like to give a huge thanks to trispen for there hospitality and it's fantastic to see they have got some new players. With the attitudes you have got down there and your fantastic facilities I'm sure you will be fine! Great bunch of lads keep it up

Scorers: M. Grasso 2, P. Billing 2, C 'titch' lee and one OG

Yes it was a great game played in good spirits, was a massive improvement by Trispen on the previous weeks performance and it was great to see some players come in and fancy a battle this season. We had 5 new players in the starting 11 and so as the weeks progress we hopefully will start to gel and get some better results, was good to see Trispen notch two quality goals aswell. Well played to the Storm lads there a great bunch and we wish you the best of luck in the next round. And it sounds like we will be seeing a bit of you guys this season with another 3 games to be played in league and cup!! But for Trispen it's onwards and upwards and start getting some results as there was some promising signs yesterday!

Trispen 2-6 storm

Both teams really determined with neither having a win this season. Trispen scored a great goal to which we instantly replied. We then scored a second goal not long after. Half time at 2-1 up it could of gone either way and after a slightly Ropey start we got our third and then fourth through some good play. Trispen did panic is for a moment when they pulled it back to 4-2 but we went on to complete the scoring and make it 6-2

Would like to give a huge thanks to trispen for there hospitality and it's fantastic to see they have got some new players. With the attitudes you have got down there and your fantastic facilities I'm sure you will be fine! Great bunch of lads keep it up

Scorers: M. Grasso 2, P. Billing 2, C 'titch' lee and one OG

Yes it was a great game played in good spirits, was a massive improvement by Trispen on the previous weeks performance and it was great to see some players come in and fancy a battle this season. We had 5 new players in the starting 11 and so as the weeks progress we hopefully will start to gel and get some better results, was good to see Trispen notch two quality goals aswell. Well played to the Storm lads there a great bunch and we wish you the best of luck in the next round. And it sounds like we will be seeing a bit of you guys this season with another 3 games to be played in league and cup!! But for Trispen it's onwards and upwards and start getting some results as there was some promising signs yesterday!

Forgot to put the Trispen goalscorers- Dave Hill and Elliott Jolly

I felt after reading about the west cornwall only losing 1-0 to goonhavern is a bit harsh. Was you even at the game? if you were then you would know that they only had 3 shots on target and i saved 2 off them. yes they were the better team and kept the ball very well. Giving us full credit we didn't make any goal scoring chances apart from a gilly header from a corner. I felt we defended the best so far this season and were missing 2 key players and my self having to play in goal instead off my usual position. The quality was deff there to see but to have only 3 shots on target from what i can remember and a handful off target doesn't show the true story there. If they were having an off day then fair enough but most off there players saying it was one off the hardest games they have played so far apart from illogan in there league. So full credit to the lads who played on saturday for west cornwall good effort lads.

Dont Mawnan have a 2nd team. Constantine had to play yesterday with 4 2nd teamers and with no reconised goalkeeper as pagey and 2nd team keeper both unavailable so 2nd team right back went between the sticks (and done well).Poor exucse with 46 players sighned on.

Surely though the likelihood is that most of them will have been invited to the wedding as people are usually mates with the people they play football with,

However I must say what idiot gets married during football season??

Surely though the likelihood is that most of them will have been invited to the wedding as people are usually mates with the people they play football with,

What 30 of them hell must of been the prince of Mawnan that got married to be able to invite 30 footy mates

What 30 of them hell must of been the prince of Mawnan that got married to be able to invite 30 footy mates

Some teams are made up of lots of mates, moreso in village sides like mawnan I expect!

There are some well of people down mawnan!

St. Columb Major 2 - 6 Biscovey

Unfortunately I missed the Junior Cup encounter at the Recreation Ground on Saturday, however, it appears that Biscovey were good value for their win and we'd all like to wish them well in the next round.

Match report from the Duchy League website:

Cornwall Junior Cup from Michael Newcombe

St.Columb Major were forced a play a much weakened side in the Cornwall Junior Cup first round owing to the competition regulations so a first defeat of the season at home to Biscovey was not totally unexpected. Alex Woodcock gave the visitors an eighteenth minute lead, which was cancelled out eight minutes later by an Aaron Hawken equaliser. Casey Hawkey then fired in a fantastic volley in the thirty-first minute to give St.Columb the lead. The visitors restored parity through an own goal with Woodcock firing them ahead just before half time. Biscovey ran away with the game after the restart closing out a 6-2 victory. Firstly Woodcock completed his hat trick two minutes after the break and Steve Mooney stretched the lead further on the hour. The final goal came five minutes later from Frankie McAvoy.

mangle dont you nedd to update the writing thing with the arsenal and tootenham head to head thing.

Good point, I'll do it next time I'm on a PC. Gunners still well ahead. HANDBALL :)

Ooooo I did it from the iPhone, clever thing this mini computer. Crikey, Spurs now have half as many wins as Arsenal in the Premier!

Newlyn NA 1 Illogan 10

Illogan shaded the first half 5 nil. Newlyn did have a chance to go 1 up to be fair. It was mightily hot out there today. Second half much the same, Newlyn camped in the Illogan half, the away team relying on breakaways, another five of them. Newlyn left it late to start the comeback, getting on the score sheet with 5 minutes left, but the ref only played about a minute of added time, so we didn't get the chance to capitalise on this change of fortune!

Ok, we were thrashed by a far superior team, but we hope Illogan found some opposition. We did try. Good luck in the final. ;)

loved that write up lol yeh to be fair you never gave up on a very hot day we did give you the run around if it wasnt for your cross bar and your keeper who i thought was excellent and made some cracking saves it could have bee a lot more but fair play mate contested in a really good manor and we at illogan wish you the very best for the rest of the season good luck!! dazza alias the ageing defender!!

Charlestown Saints 5 - 3 Tintagel

First off, id like to thank Rob Hornby (midlands man) for taking some great photos. Legend.

It was a beautiful day at St Mewan Park as the Saints hosted Tintagel in an excellent cup game.

Saints were without goalkeeper Gav Kitts and first team stars Andy Wheildon, Dan Bray & Andy Julian and im told that Tintagel had a few out also, so the eleven players on the pitch all had positions to make their own.

Charlestown dominated the game and dictated a quick pace from the start and got their reward with an opening goal from Pete Thomas up front. The Saints then continued to blow away Tintagel with their direct and intelligent football...but couldnt find the back of the net remarkably - thanks to the superb Tintagel goalkeeper.

Then remarkably, 3 defensive errors gave the game a complete turnaround and we saw Tintagel convert all 3 opportunities to go in at half time 3-1 up!

Saints Manager Jenkin constructively, through effin' and blindin', put the team in their place at half time to complete a quite remarkable turnaround...

The Saints came out for the second half a changed side and the superior fitness shone through in the intense heat, and we saw Pete Thomas score a further 3 goals and Glyn James rounded off the scoring. Tintagel were then chasing shadows as manager Jenkin brought on wonderkids Leon Trudgeon & Aaron "Doodles" Beresford, who were each unlucky not to score. Manager Jenkin even made an appearance himself, to raptuous applause from the home faithful. From a personal point of view, Tintagel's changes took away the bite from the team, which made it easy for us to take a touch and turn and play direct, as opposed to having to play the way we were facing.

A fantastic result for the Saints which now needs to kickstart a promotion push after a terrible start to the season.

Thanks to Tintagel for a nice rough game, which we enjoy more than the namby-pampy games we occasionally see at this level. Best of luck to Tintagel for the rest of the season... even if our signs "disappeared" after the game, somebody obviously wanted a momento from the game - if you want it signed, let me know...

I felt after reading about the west cornwall only losing 1-0 to goonhavern is a bit harsh. Was you even at the game? if you were then you would know that they only had 3 shots on target and i saved 2 off them. yes they were the better team and kept the ball very well. Giving us full credit we didn't make any goal scoring chances apart from a gilly header from a corner. I felt we defended the best so far this season and were missing 2 key players and my self having to play in goal instead off my usual position. The quality was deff there to see but to have only 3 shots on target from what i can remember and a handful off target doesn't show the true story there. If they were having an off day then fair enough but most off there players saying it was one off the hardest games they have played so far apart from illogan in there league. So full credit to the lads who played on saturday for west cornwall good effort lads.

Agree, although we missed some sitters in the first half; on another day we would have been 3-0 up at half time. We did what was required and although only won by the odd goal, which came from Ian Gosling just after half time, we never looked like conceding in a match which was at times played at a snail's pace due to West Cornwall sitting very deep and having 10 players behind the ball and of course due to it being absolutely roasting!! Credit where credit is due though, West Cornwall put in a good shift and defended superbly and will be there or thereabouts at the top of their league come the end of the season. Our squad is being tested to its limits at the moment especially after losing another player to an injury on Saturday which means that we've now got 5/6 players on the sick bed so there being no fixture next Saturday hasn't worked out too badly.

Agree, although we missed some sitters in the first half; on another day we would have been 3-0 up at half time. We did what was required and although only won by the odd goal, which came from Ian Gosling just after half time, we never looked like conceding in a match which was at times played at a snail's pace due to West Cornwall sitting very deep and having 10 players behind the ball and of course due to it being absolutely roasting!! Credit where credit is due though, West Cornwall put in a good shift and defended superbly and will be there or thereabouts at the top of their league come the end of the season. Our squad is being tested to its limits at the moment especially after losing another player to an injury on Saturday which means that we've now got 5/6 players on the sick bed so there being no fixture next Saturday hasn't worked out too badly.

My original post was more of a compliment to you boys. Not many premier sides have played Goonhavern and lost by the odd goal.

st dennis 1 queens 0

intelligent information given by our centre midfielder as he took a throw in 2 the centre forward resulted in a flick on being scored by dan allen who actually scored with his head :clapper:

apart from that neither keeper was really troubled,pitch is looking fine n had a half decent turn out of spectators although most turned round at 3 pm n watched the 1sts against porthleven lol

good showing from ref andrew philp,didnt miss much 4 us apart from our striker gettin pulled down by queens last man but got a lot of stick from the queens management n supporters every time he awarded us a free kick!!

hopefully this kickstarts our season n we can build on this,big well done 2 all our players as we've had the sh*t end of the stick past couple of weeks with various things not going our way.

good luck 2 queens 4 their season as they gave us a good run n look like a team capable of going up if they continue 2 play like they did on saturday