Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Results - Sat 01 Oct 2011

Fal Athletic res 6-2 Redruth United

Fal scorers: Ben Kellow (4), Jay Durber and Jamie Stevens

Athletic claim a junior cup scalp against a side 2 leagues above us with a comfortable win. We started fast scoring 2 quick goals before Redruth had even really started, going in at half time 3-1 up. A mix up in the Redruth defence from the restart let Ben in to score his hat trick and then grab another shortly after. With the score at 5-1, the ref sent 1 of our players off for retaliating to a tackle from behind in the box but no pen was given. Even at 10 men we still wasnt in trouble of losing even when they pulled 1 back. Jamie then put the game beyond with a lob over the keeper from the touchline. Athletic played their best football all season and caught the 2nd division out completly with our fast counter attacking and simple football to go marching on into the next round of the junior cup

Culdrose 2-1 Wendron

Culdrose took the lead when Adam McMillen scored direct from a corner. Wendron came out in the 2nd half and equalised from a penalty straight from the kick off, our makeshift keeper Tex flattening their striker in the box. Culdrose second goal came from a header by Lee Glover which obviously came off the pointy part of his 50p head. Both teams continued to create chances but I think we deserved the win overall. Good luck to Andy, Tomba and the rest at Wendron for the rest of the season.

St Agnes 2 - 1 Chacewater

The result certainly doesnt reflect the actual game. With the Ref making several shocking decisions that gifted St Agnes the win

I wouldn't say he gifted us the win, we had plenty of chances and should have put more away. However, you're right in another way in that he was absolutely shocking, no where anywhere near play at any stage of the game, missed loads of off the ball things, gave some decisions the other way to your lino when he was 40 yards away!

oh, and by the way, I don't appreciate being called a cheating kunt twice, when the decision was right. And how the referee didn't hear him say it then I don't know. And he's an assessor as well??? my life.....

Newlyn NA 1 Illogan 10

Illogan shaded the first half 5 nil. Newlyn did have a chance to go 1 up to be fair. It was mightily hot out there today. Second half much the same, Newlyn camped in the Illogan half, the away team relying on breakaways, another five of them. Newlyn left it late to start the comeback, getting on the score sheet with 5 minutes left, but the ref only played about a minute of added time, so we didn't get the chance to capitalise on this change of fortune!

Ok, we were thrashed by a far superior team, but we hope Illogan found some opposition. We did try. Good luck in the final. ;)

St Just 3 - 2 Gwinear CT. ( ht 2-0 )

St Just showed more desire in the 1st half than the visitors and were worthy of their two goal lead , a couple of changes and Gwinear started the second half with a goal , 2 -1 game on, but the home team had other ideas and restored the 2 goal advantage very quickly . Gwinear finally got going inside the last half hour Jamie Thomas smashing one against the cross bar from distance and for the last 20 minutes created and some how missed some chances that would of graced any Danny Baker video collection two or three from two yards :ninja: ! Finally Chris Perry grabbed his second but St Just hung on clearing off the line and then missing the chance to put the tie safe on the break . There was still time for the visitors to hit the post and miss a couple more sitters.

St Just were the better side for more than an hour though and deserve to be in the next round well done Terry and his lads :clapper:

Gwinear goals coming from Chris Perry x2 :drink:

Motm for Gwinear our Lino Neil Irish good fair performance from him again. For St.Just their lad up front Jack I think endless running and great outlet.

Trevenson 1, Threemilestone 13. :c:

Stephens 5, Bright 4, Nuci, Lawrence, Harvey and Pearce one each.

Best of luck to the Trevenson lads for the rest of the season. Who, despite the scoreline never gave up and were rewarded with a good goal near the end by "Judas" pratt.

Thanks for the grub back at the club.

Camelford 7 - 0 St Stephens

Emphatic cup win for the camels, but all who played were the real winners

making use of the excellent main pitch at Trefrew Park.

This pitch was made for football and thats exactly what the camels brought today.

Goals from cb George hughes (hat trick) Striker Jamie Burnett (brace) Captsin

Karl Spillane and hardworking Dan Piper made the result but every camelford

player was fantastic on a hot afternoon. Have to feel for st stephens who are having

a tough time, all i can say is never give up, the camels were in the same boat

last year and its hard but spirit is a hard thing to break, and i can honestly say

i saw enough today. All in all a very sporting game which left the ref with very little

to do needless to say he reffed very well. Finally good support.for both.sided

with the weather no doubt bringing a few out!

AFC Bodmin 4 - 1 lanivet

A cracking local derby cup tie today with Bodmin going through thanks to their superior finishing. Lanivet played some decent Footy in the first half and showed why they'll probably come up through the leagues in the coming seasons but Bodmin defended superbly and made 3 or 4 clear cut chances that were either saved or put wide. Bodmin did go 1-0 up just before half time through a Fraser Robinson header and as the second half started again created a couple of half chances. Lanivet pulled level on 50 mins through Dave Jefferies, who looked sharp throughout the game. At 1-1 Bodmin woke up and started to put pressure on the lanivet defence and their rewards came with 3 fine goals, 2 from Mike Horne, his second a 25 yard screamer into the top corner and Jonny Summerfield, who's well taken corner went straight in! Lanivet could have pulled a goal back when Jason WIllis placed his penalty wide but Bodmin thoroughly deserved their win and look forward to the next round!

Trevenson 1, Threemilestone 13. :c:

Stephens 5, Bright 4, Nuci, Lawrence, Harvey and Pearce one each.

Best of luck to the Trevenson lads for the rest of the season. Who, despite the scoreline never gave up and were rewarded with a good goal near the end by "Judas" pratt.

Thanks for the grub back at the club.

Well played in a well deserved thumping and thanks for coming back to the club :thumbsup:

St Agnes 2 - 1 Chacewater

The result certainly doesnt reflect the actual game. With the Ref making several shocking decisions that gifted St Agnes the win

I wouldn't say he gifted us the win, we had plenty of chances and should have put more away. However, you're right in another way in that he was absolutely shocking, no where anywhere near play at any stage of the game, missed loads of off the ball things, gave some decisions the other way to your lino when he was 40 yards away!

oh, and by the way, I don't appreciate being called a cheating kunt twice, when the decision was right. And how the referee didn't hear him say it then I don't know. And he's an assessor as well??? my life.....

This was a game that Aggie could have won more comfortably. Having started well the hosts took the lead when Richie Horsewell ran past 4 defenders and slotted past the keeper after 15 minutes.

The second goal came after half an hour when Jimmy Gazzard and Sam Conolly exchanged passed and Gazzard threaded the ball through to Jake Hills who finished well. Chacewater claimed for offside against Spencer Hassell who was not involved in play so the ref waved play on.

The second half was very fragmented with neither team creating many chance although both teams had goals chalked off for offside.

The ref 'gifted' Chacewater a penalty with 15minutes to go when the ball hit Daniel Ball at close range but with few other chances the game petered out.

Highlight of the game was the exchange between the Chacewater forward and Neil Gapp who was thrown to the floor in elaborate fashion in the last 5 minutes in some sort of wrestling move.

The ref did struggle to keep up with play at times making decision making difficult.

Oh, and not forgetting great play from Jack Belche who went forward for 2 corners and sent 'bullet headers' sailing high and wide in a clever ploy to waste time....

Grampound 1-3 Pelynt

Cracking end-to-end cup game with Pelynt getting the win after equalising against Grampound's opener and then scoring through the last kck of the first half and almost the last kick of the second as Grampound pushed on in search of an equaliser in a very close game.

Phoenix Rise and Show Their Potential

LC Phoenix 5 Polperro 4 (aet)

Launceston College Phoenix kick-started their season with a convincing win in the Cornwall Junior Cup against Duchy Division One stalwarts, Polperro.

It was the alumni team’s opponents that took the lead through a fortuitously deflected goal that might have seen other clubs buckle under the weight of loftier opposition. However, Phoenix never really know how to rollover completely and soon they were dominating the play from the midfield and attack. Eventually they found themselves ahead with goals from Harry Marsh and defence-turned midfield- maestro Ryan Cox. With a steady base in defence, Phoenix had the confidence to play with flair and intent and Dave Sharpe and Harry Marsh put the Launceston College based side ahead.

Then Harry Marsh completed his hat-trick and should have sealed the game comfortably in extra time, but some poor defending late in the game allowed Polperro back in leaving them with a deficit of a single goal. Phoenix proved too good however and held out comfortably for a memorable victory against a team three divisions above them.

Once again LC Phoenix must give a big thanks to Pam and the staff at The White Hart Hotel for providing top food and hospitality at such short notice!

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match Award: Harry Marsh

No complaints with the first goal Jimmy which Richie took very well.The second was debateable with Hills receiving the ball in an offside posituion before scoring.The Chacewater assistant waited and then flagged for the offside decision onlry to be overruled by the referee who was at least 30 yards behing play and not in a position to decide on the incident himself.

The penalty may have been harsh but the shot was heading across the goal area towards goal where it hit the defender on the hand but we've all seen those given and turned down.

Hard fought local derby which Aggie had the best of in the first half and could have added to their lead but the visitors came back strongly in the second half.Aggie being glad to waste time towards the end.

Good luck to Dave and the Aggie boys in the second round.

Tregony 4 North Hill 4 (N.Hill won 5-4 on pens. Cracking game well refereed and Tregony good bunch of guys and good natured banter with supporters on the touchline! Well looked after with food and drink a credit to the league. Hope to play friendly against you next season!!!!

boscastle 1-7 mevagissey !!! well deserved win for mevagissey and they finished well on the day, we had numerous chances but didn't convert after some great oppertunintys to do so, and were punished everytime by mevagisseys dominate forwards ! good luck to mevagissey in next round , great bunch of lads and played the game in a great manner

Halsetown 2 Madron 5 AET

very competitive game of football ,probably the best performance from my lads in my 12 months in charge, some excellent football at times, good all round but must mention silas sullivan, dan burt and most of all kyle stevens, who at 16 years of age was man of the match by a tad , a kid who,s going to have a great career in a lot higher standard than this. must mention the ref who had a great game except for the 1 that got away!! good luck to halsetown for the rest of the season.

goalscorers...silas sullivan 3, mark salmon and nathan burt

Holman SC Res 4 .v. Perranporth Res 0

Delighted with a win against opposition two leagues higher than us. Perranporth were missing players but we started brightly and took the early stages of the game to the visiting side. This early flurry was rewarded when a messy looking challenge in the box allowed Scott Robinson to step up and put away a penalty to the 'keepers right. Perranporth couldn't get their game going and we doubled our advantage when Bevan Stone went on a run down the right flank and crossed for me to score :thumbsup:. Perranporth's efforts were limited to half chances as we finished the half strongly and went in 3 to the good when Neil Anthony gambled on a goal kick from Adam Batchelor and when the ball eluded the defence and the 'keeper Neil passed the ball into the empty net. The second half was largely dominated by each sides defence and chances were few. We wrapped the game up early on when Neil Anthony scored his second after good footwork in the box. I think this was enough to take the stuffing out of Perranporth in the heat although we had to be alert to a couple of efforts that went over our bar.

All the best to Perranporth FC for the season but for us we march on to round 2!

No complaints with the first goal Jimmy which Richie took very well.The second was debateable with Hills receiving the ball in an offside posituion before scoring.The Chacewater assistant waited and then flagged for the offside decision onlry to be overruled by the referee who was at least 30 yards behing play and not in a position to decide on the incident himself.

The penalty may have been harsh but the shot was heading across the goal area towards goal where it hit the defender on the hand but we've all seen those given and turned down.

Hard fought local derby which Aggie had the best of in the first half and could have added to their lead but the visitors came back strongly in the second half.Aggie being glad to waste time towards the end.

Good luck to Dave and the Aggie boys in the second round.

Fair enough, well summed up. I think we were all glad of the final whistle in that heat!

I'm sure Jake was on side, I had the option of playing in Spencer, Jake or Rob Sweet and I opted for Jake because he was my side of the defender.

Good luck to Chacewater, who should be amongst the top teams in the league come May with Scott and Gavin at the back.

Trispen 2-6 storm

Both teams really determined with neither having a win this season. Trispen scored a great goal to which we instantly replied. We then scored a second goal not long after. Half time at 2-1 up it could of gone either way and after a slightly Ropey start we got our third and then fourth through some good play. Trispen did panic is for a moment when they pulled it back to 4-2 but we went on to complete the scoring and make it 6-2

Would like to give a huge thanks to trispen for there hospitality and it's fantastic to see they have got some new players. With the attitudes you have got down there and your fantastic facilities I'm sure you will be fine! Great bunch of lads keep it up

Scorers: M. Grasso 2, P. Billing 2, C 'titch' lee and one OG

Camborne School of Mines 1 - Lanner 3

A good result for us today against a team 2 leagues above us. A very competitive game with both teams playing some good football, we took the lead midway through the 1st half with a good back post header , only for camborne to put us under pressure forcing us into conceding a penalty which was despatched to level the scores. We responded almost straight away with another header which looped over the keeper to make the score 2-1 at half time. Camborne put us under a lot of pressure in the 2nd half but our keeper only had a couple of saves to make and we held out well and sealed the game with a 3rd goal a couple of minutes from the end.

Good luck to camborne for the rest of the seaon.

Lanner Goalscorers

Joe Grigg

Symon Stephens

Stuart Lugg

am i seeng things or are he results a bit topsy turvy - looks like the higher placed sides have not had it all their own way in the junior cup. Just good cup upsets or misplaced sides???

To be fair to Camborne school of mines it was their first game of the season today as their term has not long started.

STMAWES&GERRANS 1-3 TRELANDER

GOOD GAME OFF FOOTBALL TRELANDER WENT 1 UP AFTER 25 MINS (HT 0-1)

in the 2nd half the home side made it 1-1 with 15 mins left it was looking like eta but trelander hit 2 goals in the last 10 mins thanks 4 few good day out good luck 4 the rest off the season s&g if the spelling is wrong just got home after a good day out

am i seeng things or are he results a bit topsy turvy - looks like the higher placed sides have not had it all their own way in the junior cup. Just good cup upsets or misplaced sides???

To be fair to Camborne school of mines it was their first game of the season today as their term has not long started.

it was not directed at any one team - i was talking in general terms

it was not directed at any one team - i was talking in general terms

I just said them as they were the nearest I could see and I knew that they had yet to play

Marazion 0-4 Constantine

4-0 probably flattering for the home side as it could of been alot more as the home keeper made some outstanding saves. MINTO missed a penalty but went on to score keeping his run going. Josh Davis with a brace, and Jacob Johnson. Mom probably chopper or dan jarvis