Cornwall Football Forum

Heaney???????????????

See you all at Bournemouth FC on Saturday, I'm easily recognised I will probably be the oldest there and one of the loudest.

Blimey, we've travelled a long successful road with Mr Heaney.

COME - ON - CITY.

Like I said Ivor,you're a bloody wind-up merchant :lol:

KIT.

How can you say that? - .>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I WILL BE AT BOURNEMOUTH.

As I was at Chelmsford City, Havant and Waterlooville, Maidenhead United and Thurrock.

Just a supposition,but if Truro City are forced back down the leagues,will the F.A (Cornish or National) follow the precedent that was set in the mid-eighties when Falmouth Town had the robbery at the club and were forced to re-start again in the Combination League.

If everything is going to be fair,(even through no fault of Truro's on pitch activity),then this should be the correct course of action with the reserves playing in the Trelawney League premier if that is, Truro City decide to continue with the reserves at that point in time.

Like I said supposition.

Thoughts guys ?

Tommy, this has happened to several clubs (eg Chester City, Scarborough etc) but when looking on t'internet i noticed that Ilkeston Town FC were in conference north under the chairmanship of a "self-made property millionairre tycoon" (sound familiar?!?!?) but were wound up by HMRC over a tax debt in September last year. The club was then reformed some months later as Ilkeston FC and this year are playing in the Northern Premier League Div 1 South (not sure what step that is - 2 or 3 below previously perhaps?).

Pretty similar circumstances it seems so if Truro were wound up i guess they'd be kicked out of conference south but, assuming somebody wanted and were able reform the club, this could be done at a level similar to or maybe higher than Peninsula Premier - unless the rules are different in each case?

When Falmouth came out of the Western League they had to start in the combination,

It should not be one rule for one, & another for others.

Hammers :c::angry2::c:

Hammers

If I recall correctly, back then the SWL was not in the pyramid system (if it existed) and operated election/re-election. I seem te remember that Falmouth wanted to go back into the SWL but they wouldn't have them (probably poopy that they'd left in the first place!) so it was into the Combination League where I think the reserves already had a team.

I assume there are "clear" rules now for clubs in the pyramid system but don't know what they are where a club is completely reformed having been wound up as opposed to having gone into administration where it seems there are either points deductions or 1 or 2 division relegations. Bit of a minefield!

When Falmouth came out of the Western League they had to start in the combination,

Hammers

If I recall correctly, back then the SWL was not in the pyramid system (if it existed) and operated election/re-election. I seem te remember that Falmouth wanted to go back into the SWL but they wouldn't have them (probably poopy that they'd left in the first place!) so it was into the Combination League where I think the reserves already had a team.

I assume there are "clear" rules now for clubs in the pyramid system but don't know what they are where a club is completely reformed having been wound up as opposed to having gone into administration where it seems there are either points deductions or 1 or 2 division relegations. Bit of a minefield!

Falmouth applied too late to enter the SWL so replaced their Combo side for a season. Nothing about being dropped down several leagues.

Some clubs that have folded and re-started have had to drop down 3 (three) levels. So Truro, if declared bust would/could enter Western League Premier.

Windsor and Eton FC liquidated because of HMRC wound up 02 Feb 2011 - President Barry Davies (MBE)

Reformed as Windsor F.C (almost totally the same set up) on 03 Feb 2011 - President Barry Davies (MBE)

The Football Association determines where a club may play, Windsor although starting again under the guise of a new club had to satisfy the FA that they had a firm set up to compete higher than is normal for a NEW club being formed, Windsor & Eton played in the Southern League Premier Division Level 3, Windsor FC were accepted into the Combined Counties League Premier Division Level 5.

The decision not to start the NEW Windsor lower down was correct because in fact it was not a new club it was the same set up bearing a different title, this season they are mid table with 3 games in hand due to successful cup runs, how they were allowed to get away with it I do not know. They willingly went bust, changed their name and ran out on the same ground with all facilities in place debt free as a NEW CLUB. At least their supporters have football to watch.

Truro City could in similar circumstances drop from Conference South (level 2) to Southern League Division One South West (level 4) however, should Truro fold the circumstances would be very different, whoever took over would not be in a position to present a club plan anywhere up to the standard of the one produced by Windsor - Just supposition but the best Truro could wish to achieve under similar circumstances would be South West Peninsula Premier (level 6) - The drop of Truro City could be very severe back amongst those who frown on advancing up the pyramid just one step.

AS IT SAYS IN SON OF LINEKER'S FIRST POST - ONLY SUPPOSITION.

We're not down and out, we have created records with 5 promotions in six years and we have Mr Heaney who has delivered.

Hammers

Falmouth applied too late to enter the SWL so replaced their Combo side for a season. Nothing about being dropped down several leagues.

Some clubs that have folded and re-started have had to drop down 3 (three) levels. So Truro, if declared bust would/could enter Western League Premier.

I am not sure if Falmouth applied too late or in time-There was an emergency meeting in early March and the application deadline was 31st.March.

I seem to remember reading that Tristan Scott of the SW League was delighted with the application and gave an air of optimism that it would be rubber stamped by the member clubs at the AGM.

How wrong it turned out to be as I understand a big majority of clubs voted "Red" with the feeling of "Gotcha" and Falmouth's 9 seasons in The Western League came to an end to play in Cornwall Combination Football.

Falmouth won the CCL in 1983-84 and the SWL application sailed through for season 1984-85.

I will delve into the newspaper archives to record the demise of Falmouth Town from the western League.

Did Saltash United (twice) or Liskeard Athletic have any concerns when rejoining the SWL?

Hammers

I am not sure if Falmouth applied too late or in time-There was an emergency meeting in early March and the application deadline was 31st.March.

I seem to remember reading that Tristan Scott of the SW League was delighted with the application and gave an air of optimism that it would be rubber stamped by the member clubs at the AGM.

How wrong it turned out to be as I understand a big majority of clubs voted "Red" with the feeling of "Gotcha" and Falmouth's 9 seasons in The Western League came to an end to play in Cornwall Combination Football.

Falmouth won the CCL in 1983-84 and the SWL application sailed through for season 1984-85.

I will delve into the newspaper archives to record the demise of Falmouth Town from the western League.

Did Saltash United (twice) or Liskeard Athletic have any concerns when rejoining the SWL?

Thank you Mike a lot of information that I was not aware off,

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

You've pretty much got it spot on Mike. Falmouth's exit from the Western league was met with an attitude of "You didn't want us before so we don't need you now."

They had to start again from the Combination League where Dave Wadd took up the post of manager having returned prematurely from Spain, and promptly won the league and applied for promotion.

The meeting was on a Monday night and promotion was confirmed. I received a call from Dave first thing on the Tuesday morning and accepted the invitation to play for the club immediately without hesitation.

The best thing I've ever done as the next 10 years were the happiest of my life!

Looking at old newpaper cuttings/programmes 1982-83 Season

There were rumblings of expenditure exceeding income early in the season and Falmouth covered themselves by issuing a provisional notice of withdrawal to the Western League by 31/12/82..

It was Saturday 12th March 83 at 11-00am in the clubhouse that Falmouth Town called an emergency open meeting to explain the grave situation,

The executive and general committee,the Falmouth football public and Jimmy Hargreaves Manager plus any players who were there for the afternoon match v Shepton Mallett attended.

The next day at a Sunday evening Board meeting it was declared by Chairman Derek Brown that the club was in debt to £25,000 and Falmouth would leave the Western League at the end of the season and apply for membership to the S W.League which had a deadline of 31st.March.

Saturday 30-th.April Falmouth entertained Dawlish Town for their final home match in the Western League.

It was an extremely emotional occasion not more than the ovation given to Keith Manley who said goodby to Bickland Park after 13 seasons.

The result was 1-1 as Dawlish finished in third spot.

Two days later on Bank Holiday Monday Falmouth travelled to Clandown for its final game and ended with a 2-0 victory which denied the hosts any prize money for a 3rd. position -they had to settle for 4th.

The Clandown club did themselves proud by clapping the Town team off the pitch and a standing ovation from the crowd.

The also laid on a slap up meal for the team and presented Falmouth with a commemorative plaque.

Who has or where is that plaque today?

Ironically it was one of the better Town teams of late. Under guidance from manager Jimmy Hargreaves they finished in 6th position. (jimmy played the full second half at Clandown)

There was a very close connection with Bruce Rioch manager at Torquay United with four of the Falmouth team registered by the "Gulls" and one Alan Pluckrose went on to play League football at Plainmoor.

One interesting event evolved from this was that Falmouth Town became the only club to play in the F A Cup from the Combination League.

They applied as a Western League club and I guess the F A didnt follow up the proceedings.

Result F A Cup Falmouth Town (CCL) 0 Bridgwater Town 1 (Southern L. Midland Div)

Sorry this topic has gone off track-some one called- Heaney

Looking at old newpaper cuttings/programmes 1982-83 Season

There were rumblings of expenditure exceeding income early in the season and Falmouth covered themselves by issuing a provincial notice of withdrawal to the Western League by 31/12/82..

It was Saturday 12th March 83 at 11-00am in the clubhouse that Falmouth Town called an emergency open meeting to explain the grave situation,

The executive and general committee,the Falmouth football public and Jimmy Hargreaves Manager plus any players who were there for the afternoon match v Shepton Mallett attended.

The next day at a Sunday evening Board meeting it was declared by Chairman Derek Brown that the club was in debt to £25,000 and Falmouth would leave the Western League at the end of the season and apply for membership to the S W.League which had a deadline of 31st.March.

Saturday 30-th.April Falmouth entertained Dawlish Town for their final home match in the Western League.

It was an extremely emotional occasion not more than the ovation given to Keith Manley who said goodby to Bickland Park after 13 seasons.

The result was 1-1 as Dawlish finished in third spot.

Two days later on Bank Holiday Monday Falmouth travelled to Clandown for its final game and ended with a 2-0 victory which denied the hosts any prize money for a 3rd. position -they had to settle for 4th.

The Clandown club did themselves proud by clapping the Town team off the pitch and a standing ovation from the crowd.

The also laid on a slap up meal for the team and presented Falmouth with a commemorative plaque.

Who has or where is that plaque today?

Ironically it was one of the better Town teams of late. Under guidance from manager Jimmy Hargreaves they finished in 6th position. (jimmy played the full second half at Clandown)

There was a very close connection with Bruce Rioch manager at Torquay United with four of the Falmouth team registered by the "Gulls" and one Alan Pluckrose went on to play League football at Plainmoor.

One interesting event evolved from this was that Falmouth Town became the only club to play in the F A Cup from the Combination League.

They applied as a Western League club and I guess the F A didnt follow up the proceedings.

Result F A Cup Falmouth Town (CCL) 0 Bridgwater Town 1 (Southern L. Midland Div)

Sorry this topic has gone off track-some one called- Heaney

Much more interesting than Heaney!!

• 2 weeks later...

You forget, the ONLY reason he was interested in Truro in the first instance, was the LAND at Treyew Road. He couldn't have done the same at other clubs for various reasons. He was in it to make MONEY not friends, he failed on both counts.

The REAL Truro City AFC fans will be welcomed back to local football when it goes tits up, the rest won't be anywhere to be seen.

Well said mate

You forget, the ONLY reason he was interested in Truro in the first instance, was the LAND at Treyew Road. He couldn't have done the same at other clubs for various reasons. He was in it to make MONEY not friends, he failed on both counts.

The REAL Truro City AFC fans will be welcomed back to local football when it goes tits up, the rest won't be anywhere to be seen.

Well said mate

He also knows that Newquay's gates have improved this season because a money man has bought them a team,

he won't be so smug if what he predicts for Truro City happens at Newquay, those new Newquay fans joining the

bandwagon GLORYHUNTING would doubtless abandon ship.