Cornwall Football Forum

trelawny league results 17/9/2011

Guest man city fan

I am writing this post sitting on a tin can of a ship down here in the Gulf of Oman and have been for the past 4 months and I won’t be getting back to Gods country (Cornwall) until the beginning of December, doing my bit for Queen and country. I have not played any football in months but am missing it like mad. Its only when you been away from something, be it football or your family or anything that you love doing but are unable to do, its then when you truly appreciate that something and would do anything to be doing it again. Obviously you can tell that I cannot wait to be getting back to be playing some football again. But it seems to me as though the majority of people just want to keep on chirping on about bad refereeing, bad sportsmanship, etc, etc. The point I want to get across is that without referees, without the opposition turning up on a Saturday you would never get to play a game of football keeping hold of that feeling that you had which started when you were a youngster at school playing against your mates and realising what a great game football is. It’s that feeling which makes the game so exciting to play and where we get our love of the game from. Which is why football is a passion some more passionate about it than others. It is this passion that makes us jump on the forums to get the local gossip and what the scores were between other teams, it’s this passion that makes us turn around to the referee and voice our opinion of the decision he has just made and at times may sound like we are barracking the referee, I must admit I have done my fair share. But that is just the passion of the game. Just remember appreciate what you have, appreciate the referees turning up, appreciate the opposition, because without them you would have no football. So the next time you start to get on the back of a referee because he has maybe made a mistake or two and no doubt in 90 mins I am sure you would of made a few, just think a little next time and try and curb some of that passion and start feeling the passion of what football is all about. Enjoyment.

Fine piece of common sense, sir. Well done!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am writing this post sitting on a tin can of a ship down here in the Gulf of Oman and have been for the past 4 months and I won’t be getting back to Gods country (Cornwall) until the beginning of December, doing my bit for Queen and country. I have not played any football in months but am missing it like mad. Its only when you been away from something, be it football or your family or anything that you love doing but are unable to do, its then when you truly appreciate that something and would do anything to be doing it again. Obviously you can tell that I cannot wait to be getting back to be playing some football again. But it seems to me as though the majority of people just want to keep on chirping on about bad refereeing, bad sportsmanship, etc, etc. The point I want to get across is that without referees, without the opposition turning up on a Saturday you would never get to play a game of football keeping hold of that feeling that you had which started when you were a youngster at school playing against your mates and realising what a great game football is. It’s that feeling which makes the game so exciting to play and where we get our love of the game from. Which is why football is a passion some more passionate about it than others. It is this passion that makes us jump on the forums to get the local gossip and what the scores were between other teams, it’s this passion that makes us turn around to the referee and voice our opinion of the decision he has just made and at times may sound like we are barracking the referee, I must admit I have done my fair share. But that is just the passion of the game. Just remember appreciate what you have, appreciate the referees turning up, appreciate the opposition, because without them you would have no football. So the next time you start to get on the back of a referee because he has maybe made a mistake or two and no doubt in 90 mins I am sure you would of made a few, just think a little next time and try and curb some of that passion and start feeling the passion of what football is all about. Enjoyment.

:unsure:

Couldn't agree more :D