Cornwall Football Forum

trelawny league results 17/9/2011

Guest man city fan

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

le boss, he didnt just abandon the game, the ref aswell as the albion players and manager were trying to get ludgvan back on the pitch, i should know as i was one of them, but we werent getting anywhere, to be honest it just seems to me that ludgvan are looking for a replay, as by !!! comments, the ref abandoned the game out of nowehere. By the way, i agree with him that the ref was poor, blowing up for everything, it was frustrating for albion aswell, but not to the point of walking off, which was pathetic.

so the ref had an off day, seen that happen many times. but with the players ludgvan have, 3-1 down to a bottom 3 team & a man down, should still have enough to come back.

sounds to me that some of the players have forgotten that its not that easy in junior football & have thrown their toys out the pram.

i wouldnt say he had an off day, there were just a few soft decisions given out - to both teams. the red cards were given out after a lot of swearing and back chat to the ref, something he said before the game he wouldnt tolerate. and albion dominated most the game and deserved the win

so the ref had an off day, seen that happen many times. but with the players ludgvan have, 3-1 down to a bottom 3 team & a man down, should still have enough to come back.

sounds to me that some of the players have forgotten that its not that easy in junior football & have thrown their toys out the pram.

i wouldnt say he had an off day, there were just a few soft decisions given out - to both teams. the red cards were given out after a lot of swearing and back chat to the ref, something he said before the game he wouldnt tolerate. and albion dominated most the game and deserved the win

REALLY??? Come on now.

REALLY??? Come on now.

REALLY??? Come on now.

this is correct yes, if u witnessed the game you would know this

REALLY??? Come on now.

what do you mean really?? what would you disagree to in that?

REALLY??? Come on now.

Pretty much all of it.

REALLY??? Come on now.

Pretty much all of it.

okay, so what were the red cards for then? did the ref talk to the ludgvan players before the game, saying he wouldnt tolerate swearing? and when the scoreline finished 6-1, in which albion had plenty more chances, how can you say albion didnt dominate?

well, as you wern't a player, you wouldn't of heard what the ref had to say before the game, and ill assume you didnt hear the swearing at the ref, as you weren't on the pitch, which is understandable, and albion were the better team, which you disagree with, maybe you took a trip to mcdonalds and didnt actually see any of it, either that or you are just deluded!

well, as you wern't a player, you wouldn't of heard what the ref had to say before the game, and ill assume you didnt hear the swearing at the ref, as you weren't on the pitch, which is understandable, and albion were the better team, which you disagree with, maybe you took a trip to mcdonalds and didnt actually see any of it, either that or you are just deluded!

Just take a look back through all my comments and tell me in which ones i said Ludgvan were the better side??

The only one that may have got your little brian thinking this is when i said "pretty much all of it", but the 'pretty much' implies i agreed with some of it. And after all Falmouth did have 12 players to Ludgvans 9 ^_^

Just take a look back through all my comments and tell me in which ones i said Ludgvan were the better side??

The only one that may have got your little brian thinking this is when i said "pretty much all of it", but the 'pretty much' implies i agreed with some of it. And after all Falmouth did have 12 players to Ludgvans 9 ^_^

what do you agree and disagree with then?? and the ref wasn't favouring any team, if they listened to what he said at the beginning and respected him, then they wouldnt have been shown the red cards. and if you disagree with the fact albion dominated, why was there no clear cut chances or any shots towards the goalie (who was the centreback)

Ouch 12-9 must be a new rule I haven't heard of

The lad who reffed did our game the week before, before the game started he said you can swear to yourself in frustration but as soon as it becomes directed at myself, the assistants or anyone on the sidelines then you will be off, can't say fairer than that, if pre warned and you still swearbthen more fool you!

what do you agree and disagree with then?? and the ref wasn't favouring any team, if they listened to what he said at the beginning and respected him, then they wouldnt have been shown the red cards. and if you disagree with the fact albion dominated, why was there no clear cut chances or any shots towards the goalie (who was the centreback)

I agree Falmouth looked the better side, in the second half, but until your goalie went off and the ref gave the second ridiculous penalty and sending off Ludgvan were the better side. Falmouth scored their first goal from a keeping error, second and third from wrongly given penalties and other than that had no shots until the second half.

I don't agree with 'i wouldn't call it an off day'. I mean if that was him on his day, then my god what will he be like on an off day??

The ref ruined what could have been a really good game!!

if thats the way you want to see it, that ludgvan lost as it was 12 v 9, then thats up to you, but in reality, even had the ludgvan players managed to keep their mouths shut and stay on the pitch, the score wouldnt of been much different going by how both teams were playing, oh and putting an albion badge as your picture just proves your here to wind people up, which was pretty obvious anyway.

if thats the way you want to see it, that ludgvan lost as it was 12 v 9, then thats up to you, but in reality, even had the ludgvan players managed to keep their mouths shut and stay on the pitch, the score wouldnt of been much different going by how both teams were playing, oh and putting an albion badge as your picture just proves your here to wind people up, which was pretty obvious anyway.

:blink:

All of these accusations about the 'Ludgvan player punching the keeper, to knock him out' is absolute bull, it was a 50/50 ball and the striker took the ball and went through the keeper, making it a fair challenge, the striker was that much stronger and quicker, all the best to the keeper in his recovery, also the Ludgvan player's carried the keeper off and the Albion players didn't seem too bothered to make an effort. The referee did have a very poor game and someone should review over him, but it is junior football, so people should expect to get this at the level, but he can't rely on his Dad on the sideline week in week out, this was also seen and mentioned by neutral and Falmouth fans. The Ludgvan team did not walk off the pitch, they went to one side and spoke things through with the manager. The referee's dad even admitted after the game that he ran the game from the sideline, which is totally unacceptable, and i believe that he used to have something to do with the youth set up at Ludgvan...enough said on the point, lets all move on and let the football do the talking, instead of pathetic banter on here :)

All of these accusations about the 'Ludgvan player punching the keeper, to knock him out' is absolute bull, it was a 50/50 ball and the striker took the ball and went through the keeper, making it a fair challenge, the striker was that much stronger and quicker, all the best to the keeper in his recovery, also the Ludgvan player's carried the keeper off and the Albion players didn't seem too bothered to make an effort. The referee did have a very poor game and someone should review over him, but it is junior football, so people should expect to get this at the level, but he can't rely on his Dad on the sideline week in week out, this was also seen and mentioned by neutral and Falmouth fans. The Ludgvan team did not walk off the pitch, they went to one side and spoke things through with the manager. The referee's dad even admitted after the game that he ran the game from the sideline, which is totally unacceptable, and i believe that he used to have something to do with the youth set up at Ludgvan...enough said on the point, lets all move on and let the football do the talking, instead of pathetic banter on here :)

Nothing like a bit of banter to get through the working day.

i havn't mentioned the keeper situation once as i didnt see what happened as i was watching the ball, and to be honest i just assumed they'd ran into eachother, as you say pugsy, the players left the pitch, maybe just to speak to the manager as you say, i spoke to a couple, and the response i was getting was, we dont have a problem with albion, its the ref, and that they wouldnt continue. as for the albion players not bothering with the keeper, thats rediculous, after he was helped onto the stretcher, a couple people including melville the manager went to carry him off, however they needed more help as i assume he was heavier than they thought, they stopped next to the ludgvan players, who kindly took him off the pitch, thats hardly the albion players not being bothered is it?

Yeh all a little amusing, they never left the field of play, they were always on the pitch itself... ridiculous is the correct spelling, and they could've come across and helped but thy all stood there and watched.....if a better quality ref was there, the game itself would have been very good, roll on this saturday

To be honest, I wish people would stop insulting the guys keeping. He's a top notch keeper already and he's very young. Let's just put this behind us now, it's getting pretty old. The match is done, and nothing can be said except that from some people's views the referee had a bad game, from others ludgvan had a bad game. It's just everyone's opinions, and what they've heard all thrown into one, admittedly me being one of them, but I think it's time we just left it at that now.

Thank you bestbuckley!! About time someone commented on this results thread about an actual result, rather than the Albion/ludgvan slanging match. Can I suggest that anyone wanting to continue the boring argument about the ludgvan issue sets up a new thread dedicated to that. These threads are usually a way of getting quick opinions on the weekends results, this one has turned in to a joke.

your welcome mate it was and is getting a bit boring now lol!! you are right it should be comments on games and not the issues goin on and on and on .... i think we get the idea!!!

I am writing this post sitting on a tin can of a ship down here in the Gulf of Oman and have been for the past 4 months and I won’t be getting back to Gods country (Cornwall) until the beginning of December, doing my bit for Queen and country. I have not played any football in months but am missing it like mad. Its only when you been away from something, be it football or your family or anything that you love doing but are unable to do, its then when you truly appreciate that something and would do anything to be doing it again. Obviously you can tell that I cannot wait to be getting back to be playing some football again. But it seems to me as though the majority of people just want to keep on chirping on about bad refereeing, bad sportsmanship, etc, etc. The point I want to get across is that without referees, without the opposition turning up on a Saturday you would never get to play a game of football keeping hold of that feeling that you had which started when you were a youngster at school playing against your mates and realising what a great game football is. It’s that feeling which makes the game so exciting to play and where we get our love of the game from. Which is why football is a passion some more passionate about it than others. It is this passion that makes us jump on the forums to get the local gossip and what the scores were between other teams, it’s this passion that makes us turn around to the referee and voice our opinion of the decision he has just made and at times may sound like we are barracking the referee, I must admit I have done my fair share. But that is just the passion of the game. Just remember appreciate what you have, appreciate the referees turning up, appreciate the opposition, because without them you would have no football. So the next time you start to get on the back of a referee because he has maybe made a mistake or two and no doubt in 90 mins I am sure you would of made a few, just think a little next time and try and curb some of that passion and start feeling the passion of what football is all about. Enjoyment.