Cornwall Football Forum

Bank Holiday Monday Results - Monday August 29th 2011

Now i have had the chance to watch all the so called top teams including Buckland there is only one winner for the league, cant see Buckland dropping a point this season, they are so strong and very determined, great team performance today, Tavi offered some resistance in the first 20 mins but then it was all over.

Remember tavi beat Bodmin the other day and with falmouth also having a stuttering start maybe the topic recently started re going up to the western League is something that they should start to consider, Buckland would be at the top of that league as well. Might give the others a chance if they went up!

They played a half decent team today but didnt even break sweat.

Now i have had the chance to watch all the so called top teams including Buckland there is only one winner for the league, cant see Buckland dropping a point this season, they are so strong and very determined, great team performance today, Tavi offered some resistance in the first 20 mins but then it was all over.

Remember tavi beat Bodmin the other day and with falmouth also having a stuttering start maybe the topic recently started re going up to the western League is something that they should start to consider, Buckland would be at the top of that league as well. Might give the others a chance if they went up!

They played a half decent team today but didnt even break sweat.

I saw Buckland play Camelford on Saturday, they looked very good,but Camels gave them a tough game and missed a couple of sitters. The way results are going Camels will be a test for anyone.Is the SWPL Premier a little over hyped? Early days yet i suppose, can't see anyone getting near Buckland though. They must take promotion,

Having watched Bucklands game against Tavy I think the result was fully justified as Tavy just didnt turn up. Maybe the game against Bodmin took more out of the players and fitness needs to be questioned. Tavy did not chase down balls, were often second to the ball and compared to Buckland hardly appealed for any decisions. Take nothing away from Buckland, they are a useful side who play the pitch very well. I thought personally the pitch was narrow, the long grass didnt allow quick passing and Buckland do tend to hit long balls which obviously suit their game plan. I thought when Tavy introduced their subs it seemed to inject a bit of pace up front which was lacking. Had Tavy taken their chances, they could had scored a least 4! Buckland also missed several chances. My first visit to Buckland and must say what a nice set up. Great clubhouse, made to feel very welcome and nice to sit outside and have a drink in the warm sunshine!

I would like to see Buckland take two straight promotions in row.

I think they could easily hold their own and maybe even win the western League, then as a club move upwards to Southern League football and find their footings there for a few seasons and see how the land lies.

Of course to have the drive to go any higher than this would take a serious financial backer.

This I feel would put Buckland(and the town of Newton Abbot ) firmly and squarely on the Southern English footballing map alongside the likes of Taunton, Tiverton, Bideford etc and start to attract much larger crowds to Homers Heath.

Perhaps reserve team players would then have the desire and ambition to make it into the first team instead of refusing to travel because they want and prefer 90 minutes of football playing in the SDL ?

Is this league over hyped as questioned by Hoppit ? I don’t think so.

There are no easy games at this level,with a lot of very good sides and footballers,its a long hard season believe you me...Wadebridge v Bodmin last year springs to mind !

Every team that plays Buckland gives it 110% and wants to turn the Champions over and rightly so, therefore its always tough for us and we have to be at our very best to counter this.

Karen and Mark I hear all the right things from you, but are you representative of those on the comittee who have the final say, I hope you can start the argument now rather than in April next year, they can decide now what they want to do, at least then you will know that you will have few more years of SWPL and trips to Penzance to look forward to... Good luck !!

but are you representative of those on the comittee who have the final say,

I don't honestly know ?

Myself and Karen are just regular paying spectators who enjoy a good game of football and who would like to see a very high standard of football in Newton Abbot.

The reason i asked if the league was over hyped was that before the season started my team Camelford would have been happy just to survive,but having beaten Collumpton Bovey and drawn with Launceston could almost expect top half finish. Maybe beginners luck. All i do know is your team looks twice as good as any of the ones we've played.Some of your lads said that Camels shouldn't have any trouble picking up points which i regard as a compliment to the way we played.

I think they could easily hold their own and maybe even win the western League, then as a club move upwards to Southern League football and find their footings there for a few seasons and see how the land lies.

Of course to have the drive to go any higher than this would take a serious financial backer.

This I feel would put Buckland(and the town of Newton Abbot ) firmly and squarely on the Southern English footballing map alongside the likes of Taunton, Tiverton, Bideford etc and start to attract much larger crowds to Homers Heath.

Perhaps reserve team players would then have the desire and ambition to make it into the first team instead of refusing to travel because they want and prefer 90 minutes of football playing in the SDL ?

There are no easy games at this level,with a lot of very good sides and footballers,its a long hard season believe you me...Wadebridge v Bodmin last year springs to mind !

Every team that plays Buckland gives it 110% and wants to turn the Champions over and rightly so, therefore its always tough for us and we have to be at our very best to counter this.

No reserve team player as ever refused to travel or represent the 1st team at BAFC in my time running the reserves.

No reserve team player as ever refused to travel or represent the 1st team at BAFC in my time running the reserves.

Not what we were told on Saturday at Camelford Adam ?

Not what we were told on Saturday at Camelford Adam ?

Well i'm very disapointed to hear this was said to you, i was aked for a player on Friday as Lucas dropped out, the 1st player i asked said yes and travelled, i was again asked for another player at 10:30am on saturday morning due to Cam dropping out, the 1st player asked was working, the 2nd player never answered and the 3rd player said yes and travelled.

Without the good will of the reserve team players filling the bench at such short notice the 1st team would have travelled with the bare 11 and Jaimie so i don't believe you're within your rights to say that reserve team players refuse to travel. and i would be gutted if that was what was being said in and around the 1st team dressing room.

This is subject that i'm passionate about and would be more than happy to discuss further with you at the club sometime.

Cheers, Adam

Well I was obviously misinformed.

This was being said amongst travelling supporters, nothing to do with the first team dressing room.

As you can imagine, it didn't go down to well with us.

Good to hear that you are all for the seconds stepping up to the firsts, the two lads that came in at the last minute did well although it did take them 2 1/2 hours to find Camelford ! :blink: