Cornwall Football Forum

The End of Argyle?

With Zubar walking out today and the club shop selling off everything,tomorrows 5pm deadline looks like the end if the money and football league permission do not happen.How can this have been allowed to happen?.125 years and it comes to this,if the game vs Crewe on saturday is called off,i fear that will be the end.Most people in Cornwall will have seen their first game of professional football at Home Park.I certainly wont be going to Truro City again if Plymouth are liquidated,would rather travel to Torquay to follow them.Whole situation is disgusting and a loss to football in Cornwall if the worst happens.

If Argyle do go under,it's not the fault of anyone other than the poor management by those that allowed the debts to accumulate.If another party is unable to produce the finance to take over the club then it's not exactly their fault.

You are correct about those that saw their first pro football at Argyle,I remember travelling up on the train back in the Mike Bickle and young John Hore days(60s),the days when clubs didn't spend more than they earned.Unbelievable isn't it,Argyle out of business tomorrow and just last night Exeter city hosted Liverpool,lets hope that at the last minute something good happens,but by the right people for the job.

Lucky13 I agree with you that it was the previous directors fault and I'm surprised that there hasn't been a criminal investigation. Total disgrace to all those owed money and the supporters who spent their hard eared cash at the club.

Bishops International promised the cash to the administrator to buy the club but that has not been forthcoming. If they didn't have the cash available they should have stood aside long ago and let James Brent and his consortium become the prefered bidder.

I really don't know how the staff and players have carried on not being paid for 8 months!

Are we going to end up watching a AFC Plymouth Argyle in the future? At the moment I wouldn't bet against it.

Agree with you Richard, BIshops International won preferred bidders status months ago, and only £300,000 I beleive has been handed over in that time. Promises, promises have come from BIL about money being available, waiting for the sale of land and such like, and that Guilifoyle (sp) has given extensions each time.

Hopefully its not the end, but it really doesn't look good, and once again Mr Heaney comes out of it with bad press

I have email THE HERALD(Plymouth) and BBC Spotlight to ask why they have not started a major investigation in the "wrong-doings" of the previous Board of Directors. It would seem the "gutless" local media are afraid, very afraid of litegation.

I hope, how I hope, if the Heaney deal falls through, life for him will become very uncomfortable.

Just another post to have a jibe at Kevin Heaney talking of "Gutless" people why don,t some of you attend a truro game and perhaps come face to face with Mr Heaney so you can stand up and put your points of view across.He has taken Truro up the pyramid system, gave oppurtunities to players that could play higher than penninsula premier that they would never of acheived. What has the likes of St Darren given to football? sweet nothing,when St Agnes had a title contending side he did,nt even get on the bench!!!!

deadcert - the topic is not blaming and having a jibe at Kevin Heaney.The club was left in a horrendous state by the previous guardians.The very real thing is that if K Heaney's group do not re finance,the club will be liquidated as the administrator has said there is not enough time for the James Brent group to get everything in place.Mr Heaney apparently does not do the "press",but he did say a week or two ago that the funding would be there.The problem is that deadlines keep getting put back,and now we are at the absolute end deadline.No need to have a go at St Darren,we are all entitled to a say.If the funding doesn't come through,how do you think we will all feel about Mr Heeney when there was an alternative with funding in place.

It breaks my heart what is happening to my team plymouth they are apart of my life ,i have been goin to watch them for 43 years and have had so many happy memories watching the 1st team and reserves.Its criminal what has been done to the club they made so much money when they sold ebanks blake etc someone has done very well out of all the brilliant players which have been sold ,a lot of people have a lot to answer for and they know what they have done to my club they are all a bunch of crooks .The brent company should be allowed to take over argyle now kick risdale guillfoyle and the rest of the cronies out let the supporters take over the club and run it like Exeter does .Im dreading the verdict tommorow on the future of my dear club plymouth i think it will be the end of a great club and part of my lifeline ,i have seen so many brilliant players at home park GEORGE BEST ,PELE ,BOBBY MOORE,JIMMY GREAVES,and now that is all a dream of happier times .I remember my dad taking me up to see my first game it was aginst Aston villa and we sat in the mayflower stand my only time in the stand ,i always stood by the tunnel and took hundreds of photos but that pleasure was even takin from me by heavy handed stewards.I will miss my saturday ritual of catching the western national bus to plymouths bretonside then going down on the barbican or up on the hoe ,then walk to the ground about 1 go in club shot then get my spot by the tunnel taking photos thats all gone now ,but i do have my memories of happier times .GREEN ARMY NEVER DIES

Deadcert.....Kevin Heaney has nothing to do with Plymouth Argyle....And neither will he as long as he is involved with Truro City football club.There is no doubt that Truro has seen remarkable progress since his involvement,but this topic is about Argyle and I cant help thinking that the administrator may have mistakenly put all his eggs in one basket for whatever reason.At the end of the day Mr Guilifoyle and Mr Risdale will walk away without a care in the world.

Does anyone know if these two characters are currently drawing salaries from their 'Argyle' escapade ?

Just another post to have a jibe at Kevin Heaney talking of "Gutless" people why don,t some of you attend a truro game and perhaps come face to face with Mr Heaney so you can stand up and put your points of view across.He has taken Truro up the pyramid system, gave oppurtunities to players that could play higher than penninsula premier that they would never of acheived. What has the likes of St Darren given to football? sweet nothing,when St Agnes had a title contending side he did,nt even get on the bench!!!!

haha, what the hell has that got to do with anything? No one has ever doubted what Kevin Heaney has done for Truro City. But what is he going to do for Argyle? if he comes through with the money and bails the club out and does it the right way, then I'd happily shake his hand and say "thanks for keeping the club alive"

I've no idea who you are, so perhaps you could let me know. I had no interest in playing for the first team back when we had a good side, because I wasn't good enough, I was in the reserves, winning leagues and cups with them at Junior Level

Just another post to have a jibe at Kevin Heaney talking of "Gutless" people why don,t some of you attend a truro game and perhaps come face to face with Mr Heaney so you can stand up and put your points of view across.He has taken Truro up the pyramid system, gave oppurtunities to players that could play higher than penninsula premier that they would never of acheived.

This topic has nothing to do with Truro City FC. It is about the situation Plymouth Argyle FC are currently in.

Statement from The P&A Partnership, re: Plymouth Argyle Football Company Limited (in administration):

"The joint administrators of Plymouth Argyle Football Company Limited (in administration) are satisfied that Bishop International Limited has secured the necessary funding and everything is agreed between the numerous parties.

"Solicitors are now working to finalise the documentation and complete the sale to Bishop International Limited / Plymouth Argyle (125) Limited.

Looks like a deal has been done, and Argyle have been saved.......But from what ? A pack of Wolves or almost certain relegation to the conference ?

If they struggled to raise the funds to save the club , where is the "in the black" funds coming from to pay staff and attract new players to keep the club up ? Who on Earth is going to offer them credit ?

They are finished any way you look at it.

Its all been on the cards since Stapleton let Luggy and his bum chum Summerfield go to Southampton , then in a stroke of comical genius took `em back again ..albeit a season and half later.

With Zubar walking out today and the club shop selling off everything,tomorrows 5pm deadline looks like the end if the money and football league permission do not happen.How can this have been allowed to happen?.125 years and it comes to this,if the game vs Crewe on saturday is called off,i fear that will be the end.Most people in Cornwall will have seen their first game of professional football at Home Park.I certainly wont be going to Truro City again if Plymouth are liquidated,would rather travel to Torquay to follow them.Whole situation is disgusting and a loss to football in Cornwall if the worst happens.

With apologies to Mark Twain:

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

" HEANEY SAVES ARGYLE "

So how about coming on here and showing your respect and gratitude?

Highly unlikely for most of you, as you only use this forum to critisise everyone who does anything for the good of their own clubs.

Little bit of advice. Always take a look from the both points of veiw, BEFORE posting your one sided statements!!!!!!!

Firstly the deal with BIL has yet to be finalised and approved. However, I'm thankfully the club will soon be out of administration and the staff will finally be paid money owed.

Apologise for what? BIL took over three months to come forward with the cash to buy the club and in that time the majority of the first team have left because they had not been paid and rightly so. If BIL had handed over the cash months ago we would still have kept the more experienced players and not be struggling on the pitch today. I hope they do invest in the club because at the moment they can't do any worse than the last so called directors.

As a proud member of the Argyle Fans Trust, I supported the James Brent and his Akkeron Group bid as he was willing to run the club the way it should be run (not beyond its means) and involve the supporters trust on the board.