Cornwall Football Forum

Penryn 3rds and 4ths

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes fal lad penryn could not raise a team we had to play half an hour each way with two mixed teams so our firsts could have a game.

have penryn taken a leaf out of madrons book. :wacko::excl:

shame we were looking forward to playing penryn hope they can sort their player problems out.

it seems a few teams are struggling with player numbers before the season even starts.

with a vibrant kernow youth league why is there a shortage of players.

I doubt the league would allow the 3rd team to fold it would have to be the lower placed 4th team. I hope Penryn have enough to field 4 sides it would be a shame to see another team pull out of the league. Where have all the players gone??? Their must be keen and willing 16year olds signing on for adult sides!!!!

Maybe the idea of 14 team leagues was not such a good one in hindsight....going to be a lot of free saturdays having to go shopping with the boss!!!

Over the years Penryn always seemed to have loads of players for their teams too.What has happened?

I think its a sad sad time for penryn, past players must think the goings on up there with the junior teams is sad. Penryn have always had loads of players and good squads so there must be a reason for all this! From what im told its the management and the way the way the club is towards its junior teams. Lets be honest penryn havent been successful since 2008 ish.

With Nick Young at the helm it's little wonder they're struggling to attract players. I know few people who like or even respect the guy.

I agree that Nick and Jarvo have ruined junior football at Penryn.

The 4ths will fold and the 3rds will drop down the divisions if they stick with the management team they have.

WOULD NE1 AGREE THAT COMMITMENT TO CLUBS IS A PROBLEM?

Yep, especially at the higher levels. Very often the commitment only lasts as long as the cash - when the money goes so do the players. Obviously I'm generalising a bit as there are some great examples of commitment and loyalty out there. There is also the issue of commitment to managers rather than players (whether this is sometimes related to funds following the manager I don't know) but it's not a rarity these days for a manager to move clubs and take many of the players as well, sometimes decimating the club they've left.

Players obviously want to play for clubs that are, or will be, successful and who can really blame them. Many also want to test themselves at higher levels and make themselves the best that they can be. It is quite sad though that some people seem to move clubs at the drop of a hat. I'm sure everyone reading this will be able to name players that have played for almost every club in their area.

I don't think there are any ready made solutions to this - it's just part of life - people are more transient or mobile these days. Players move clubs more often just as people seem to change jobs, cars, houses more often than years ago.

its a sad sad story for penryn. Such a big successful club at junior level ruined by morons! some true legends in junior football have pulled on the penryn shirt and now its a completely different story. RIP penryn junior football. I feel for people like simmy ( not sure of name ) who work so hard behind the scenes with pitches and kit etc. My advice, play for someone who appreciates you and your hard work!!

Tom & Jerry

You seem to have a really keen interest in Penryn!! Are you a former player who feels hard done by as your continuing to fish for any chance of putting Penryn FC down.

I think it's quite common knowlege that the two junior teams have struggled to sign enough players for the forthcoming season. I think it would be a real shame for 1 or even 2 more sides to not start the season and any negative publicity which you seem hell bent on raising is quite detrimental to their chances of success as any current or potential players may feel by reading some of the posts that they shouldn't go near the club with a barge pole.

I would ask the administrators of this forum if they really think this topic is constructive and informative and if it should remain in the public domain as it seems to be a "lets put the boot in to a well run club with great facilities who have had fantastic success in the past and will do in the future" I am not associated with Penryn but understand full well the complexities of attracting players and running a club when things are going against you. It's not easy and comments from outside parties dont help sometimes!!

Tom & Jerry

You seem to have a really keen interest in Penryn!! Are you a former player who feels hard done by as your continuing to fish for any chance of putting Penryn FC down.

I think it's quite common knowlege that the two junior teams have struggled to sign enough players for the forthcoming season. I think it would be a real shame for 1 or even 2 more sides to not start the season and any negative publicity which you seem hell bent on raising is quite detrimental to their chances of success as any current or potential players may feel by reading some of the posts that they shouldn't go near the club with a barge pole.

I would ask the administrators of this forum if they really think this topic is constructive and informative and if it should remain in the public domain as it seems to be a "lets put the boot in to a well run club with great facilities who have had fantastic success in the past and will do in the future" I am not associated with Penryn but understand full well the complexities of attracting players and running a club when things are going against you. It's not easy and comments from outside parties dont help sometimes!!

Am I right in thinking that there is no official word from Penryn yet

People aren't going to be committed if they're not getting played though. People leave because they're not getting started or brought on. I think it's obvious most of us are here for the football, and if we're not getting it then we're not going to hang around waiting for injuries or suspensions.

Guest man city fan

who cares about a stupid rule about taking the lowest side 1st . what would be the point in keeping the in the premier league which

wont be strong enough and would probly get hammered every week . i think let them keep the 4 th team . there is too many teams dropping out already . i wud rather see 1 drop out than 2 . being a penryn/falmouth lad myself i cant see how a team like penryn

are in this situation . there was 2 lads who started a topic on here the other day looking for a club they got plenty of offers but i dnt recall 1 from penryn. i hope they get round this and neither pull out.

Yeah, I was one of the people looking for a club, but I'm new to the forums and only just found out they're struggling for numbers. They are one of the only teams who didn't offer me and my friend a spot to train or play though so it does seem it could be a lack of organization as well as commitment.

Got to agree with Shifty. I think particularly more experienced players would prefer to play as a higher standard possible. I'm only 16 and i'm willing to start anywhere really, but I think it would make most sense if they kept their highest team in so that they can gain interest and stay relevant.

Am surprised, and a bit saddened, that I haven't seen anything from Penryn appealing for players for their junior teams. I'm sure there must be players who don't get regular game time for their clubs that would consider moving. Also, there must be a number of young players making the transition from 'youth' to 'mens' football, such as Tempo and his friend, who would have jumped at the chance to prove themselves at Penryn.

Me and My mate would have gone straight over if i'm honest because we both live in Falmouth so it's probably one of the easiest places for us to play at. But like I said before, they're one of the only teams that didn't contact me when I posted on the forums. I'm just keen to play football, and with all this going on at Penryn at the moment it definitely doesn't seem like the place to go right now. Hoping to prove myself and improve over at St Day anyway