Cornwall Football Forum

PRE SEASON FRIENDLY GAMES

Can ECPL teams put on this thread their pre season friendly games

I guess there are no friendly games.

Now! Now! Ecpl, Sticker have 5 friendlies arranged: all at home, Tuesday 12/7 Newquay 1st X1, Thursday 14/7 St Austell, Tuesday 19/7 St Stephen, Saturday 23/7 Torpoint 1st X1, Saturday 13/8 Camelford.

Now! Now! Ecpl, Sticker have 5 friendlies arranged: all at home, Tuesday 12/7 Newquay 1st X1, Thursday 14/7 St Austell, Tuesday 19/7 St Stephen, Saturday 23/7 Torpoint 1st X1, Saturday 13/8 Camelford.

Many thanks, at least somebody is looking at this web site

Bere Alston United's Pre-Season Friendlies

Saturday 16th July 2011: Dobwalls (Away) k.o. 2.30pm

Saturday 23rd July 2011: Millbrook (Away) kick off time to be confirmed

Saturday 30th July 2011: Seaton Town (Away) k.o. 2.30pm

Saturday 6th August 2011: Hayle (Away) k.o. 2pm

Saturday 13th August 2011: Brixham United (Away) k.o. 2pm

Result: Sticker 1 Newquay 1

St Stephen AFC 1st Team Friendlies

Tuesday 19 July, 2011

Sticker (Away) 6.30 K/O

Friday 22 July, 2011

Falmouth Town Res (Away) 7.30 K/O

Wednesday 3 August, 2011

Grampound (Away) 6.30 K/O

Thursday 11 August, 2011

Foxhole (Away) 6.45 K/O

Tuesday 16 August, 2011

Padstow (Home) 6.45 K/O

Result: Sticker 1 Newquay 1

Sticker 1 St Austell 1st XI 3

Sticker 5 St Stephen 2

Sticker 1 Torpoint 1st IX 6 (Sticker scorer C.Coad) Sticker scored first and then Torpoint were like a swarm of wasps and stung us with six goals!!

Launceston ECPL pre season fixtures

wed 27th july away to edgecumbe at millbrook 6.30 ko

sat 30th july away to st Agnes 2.30 ko

Sat 6th aug home to holsworthy

Wed 10th aug home to ashwater

Fri 12th aug home to shebbear

Tue 16th aug home to bude reserves

thanks

peths

Card happy referee, I cannot believe any ref who would want to start writing reports for a pre season friendly so I would think any problems for you would be much nearer home than to blame the referee.

Paul,You weren't the ref by any chance were you?

No I plead innocent to that charge, I have no idea as to who he was but good luck to him as to start using cards on a friendly was not the easiest of decisions.

I understand the referee was a brother of one of the Mullion players and refereed junior football. Having heard the other side of the argument it is interesting to note that BManning is up to his old tricks again of defending the indefendable without any knowledge of the match and the problems the players had.

No I plead innocent to that charge, I have no idea as to who he was but good luck to him as to start using cards on a friendly was not the easiest of decisions.

I understand the referee was a brother of one of the Mullion players and refereed junior football. Having heard the other side of the argument it is interesting to note that BManning is up to his old tricks again of defending the indefendable without any knowledge of the match and the problems the players had.

I dont think Bmanning was defending anyone he was just stating it must have beena an unusual friendly with the ref having to brandish yellow cards!! A similar thing happenned at the St Dennis v St Austell game with player being asked to leave the field in the first five minutes!!

No matter what I say ECPL would never agree with it but perhaps he should read the post by that_boy _ennerz who perhaps sums it up far better that I can.

I'll second that!!

Just keep avoiding the facts if it makes you feel good.

No matter what I say ECPL would never agree with it but perhaps he should read the post by that_boy _ennerz who perhaps sums it up far better that I can.

I'll second that!!

Just keep avoiding the facts if it makes you feel good.

What facts are they then ECPL? You seem to have some knowledge of what transpired so let us in on the secret!

the ref was NOT a brother of one of the mullion player, He has also reffed a higher level than junior football, and won awards in the process i beleive! and back to the day being spoilt by a "cardhappy ref" even before the match had started the two players taking the centrekick had already been at the ref for something or other!

the ref was NOT a brother of one of the mullion player, He has also reffed a higher level than junior football, and won awards in the process i beleive! and back to the day being spoilt by a "cardhappy ref" even before the match had started the two players taking the centrekick had already been at the ref for something or other!

I wonder what ECPL has to say about that! It seems he got the wrong facts!

Let's get one or two things ironed out guys, the ref was there on the day, and everybody has to be thankful for his time. However, there were a few nasty tackles flying in from both sides that didn't get pulled up, yet he booked players for simply asking him a question. In my opinion this ref was unapproachable, and failed to provide the players with a duty of care on the day. All I can say is that I feel sorry for you lads down west if this is the standard of refereeing you have to put up with. The refs in the east Cornwall leagues are alot more approachable than this guy was. The game ended a draw, good workout for both sides.

Let's get one or two things ironed out guys, the ref was there on the day, and everybody has to be thankful for his time. However, there were a few nasty tackles flying in from both sides that didn't get pulled up, yet he booked players for simply asking him a question. In my opinion this ref was unapproachable, and failed to provide the players with a duty of care on the day. All I can say is that I feel sorry for you lads down west if this is the standard of refereeing you have to put up with. The refs in the east Cornwall leagues are alot more approachable than this guy was. The game ended a draw, good workout for both sides.

i can only really think of one nasty tackle, other than that it was very competitive! id say, when you start winging endlessly at the ref and questioning his every decision, thats when he becomes un-approachable, i think all this whinning of the ref and bad tackles from the mullion side is just an excuse for the bruised ego cally have after expecting to hammer mullion and failing?

i can only really think of one nasty tackle, other than that it was very competitive! id say, when you start winging endlessly at the ref and questioning his every decision, thats when he becomes un-approachable, i think all this whinning of the ref and bad tackles from the mullion side is just an excuse for the bruised ego cally have after expecting to hammer mullion and failing?

as you know buddy, results are irrelevant in pre-season,being a completely new team this year, we certainly dont think were going to hammer anybody. we as a team travelling two and a half hours in summer traffic to play you guys, expected the referee to "provide a duty of care" and that "one bad tackle" could have been a leg breaker. anyway, another friendly today, good luck to you Mullion boys for the season, and maybe next year you can travel up to us for a friendly!!!

Pre-Season friendly result today:

Seaton Town 1 Bere Alston United 6

Bere's scorers: Marcus Pethick (3), Paul Simpson, Jason Cordice & Chris Bray

After last week's 4-3 defeat at Millbrook this was a much better performance and gives us a great boost for the remaining pre-season schedule.

Good day out today, and a big thank you Seaton for their hospitality and putting up a trophy which is now back on the mantelpiece. :thumbsup:

Yeah totally agree.

It was originally supposed to be a double header but ended up as just one game as we had NINE 1st teamers missing for one reason or another.

Took a squad of 16 which included two keepers and only 6 outfielders from the 1st team squad and the rest were from our 2nd team.

Agreed with Hayle to play 4 x 30 mins to give everyone a decent run out and was a good game for all concerned.

I think Hayle had more 1st teamers than us on display but we matched them for the most part with their winner coming in the last of the 120 minutes.

Marcus Pethick on fire for us this pre-season....six in three so far...let's hope he carries that into the League games

Once again Hayle were perfect hosts and have invited us back for a 4th time next year.

And finally...for the 2nd year running ASBO does a yard of ale....this time stark b*****k naked :o ....Legend!! :clapper:

Typical Westy...catching the dribbles off his b*****ks......Anything for a free half of lager!!!! :drink:

St Cleer 2 Bodmin res 2 - Thanks to Bodmin for agreeing to play at short notice, good luck for season. St Cleer were missing a number of players and battled and played some good stuff as did Bodmin. St Cleer had a goal chalked off for a disputed offside, Bodmin took a two goal lead to HT. A very good competitive game. Draw fair result. Very pleased to come from 2 nil down at half time, well done lads.

Russ

Brixham United 2 Bere Alston United 7

Good win today which sets us up nicely for our opening League game at Parkway next week

Bere Scorers: Chris Bray (2), Jason Cordice (2), Marcus Pethick, Paul Simpson, Dan Follett

Thanks to Brixham for their hospitality (for 2nd year running)...Good luck for your season ...see you again next year.

Not exactly!!

Dane asked to come training as he wants to start playing again.

He's been training once (when I was on holiday), and has been doing his own fitness regime at Devonshire's apparently.

Hasn't signed for Bere Alston but would be considered for 2nd team if he gets himself fit.