Cornwall Football Forum

Combonation League Predictions 07/08

Guest firthy

Guest firthy

i was wondering whos everyones favourites were for the title next year? with Truro having there 10 point deduction reduced to 6 i think they will do it with helston second. also how do you think the newly promoted sides will do? all i know the combo looks good next year.

Guest firthy

ok do it like this:

Favorite: Truro

Runner up: Helston

One to watch: Porthleven/Holmans

Pain in the ass side (YOU KNOW THE ONES WHO ALWAYS RUIN YOUR SEASON): ST Day

for the drop:are ludgvan in still?

Everyone is forgetting St Just as well. And if rummours are to believed a lot of money being thrown around and signings like Shane Richards, Keving Lawrence, Fraser Cadman and Butchy from Truro in goal they are going to be no push over.

Shane Richards plays for them every bloody year.then either gets offered more money to go elsewhere or gets bored and leaves anyway.as for the others,well as you said "they are just rumours" and we know how many of those have been miles wide of the mark on here.just wait and see,only time will tell.

Yeah heard at training last night Kev Lawrence has signed for Port, I was surprised to hear butch was going St Just so if hes gone Penryn that would make more sense to me. Sorry lads guilty of listening to the old rumour mill on that one. One thing I did hear was Neil Curnow has gone to Goonhavern (again dont know how true though)

Guest Green Grass

Favourites-Gulval

Runners up-Pendeen

Bottom-Hayle res-wendron res-newquay res

I love cornish rumours,Barrie prowse has signed for ding dong select XI

i think truro will win the combo no probs but im more interested with how fal town get on this year with gary pascoe taking over.i watched as many games as i could last year and dissapionted most of the time i looking foward to seeing them this season hopfully a stronger and better team

Pure guesswork of course as there have been a lot of managerial/player changes this season

1. Truro City Reserves

2. Penryn Athletic Reserves

3. St Agnes

4. Helston Athletic

5. Perranwell

6. Holman SC

7. Illogan RBL

8. Falmouth Town Reserves

9. St Day

10. St Just

11. Hayle Reserves

12. St Ives Town

13. Perranporth

14. Porthleven Reserves

15. Newquay Reserves

16. Mullion

17. Wendron Reserves

18. Penzance Reserves

19. RNAS Culdrose

20. Ludgvan

:P

The reasons for my predictions

1. Truro - money to buy in a decent squad and can call on 1st teamers

2. Penryn - consistantly good squad

3. St Agnes - good squad being put together

4. Helston - new manager attracting new players to stengthen squad

5. Perranwell - Good consistant squad with team spirit

6. Holman - money will attract players to improve squad but not good enough to win league

7. Illogan - no money so will drift

8. Falmouth - new management will attract new players

9. St Day - steady progress but can't strengthen squad as no money. 3 seasons 14th, 11th to 9th

10. St Just - Bad season last year has stung club so will strengthen squad by paying out

11. Hayle - strong reserves squad able to pick from 3 teams apart from 1st's

12. St Ives - slight improvement but a season of team building

13. Perranporth - holding steady, rebuilding season

14. Porthleven - squad will split due to demands by 1st team so will suffer

15. Newquay - will start slow but will pick up later in season as links with junior clubs improve and youngsters join squad

16. Mullion - slight improvement, team building season

17. Wendron - 1st team squad not big so will draw on team

18. Penzance - new management so will be a team building season relying on youngsters

19. Culdrose - pressure on squad from navel activities will make club slide

20. Ludgvan - no money, weak squad last year will find it difficult to attract better players.

Anyone disagree with me

it will be bloody interesting to see how close some of these predictions are at the end of the season.got to agree with treasure park's no1 though.i think st day will finish higher than 9th.not so sure about third though?.good luck to ALL teams involved though.

Guest Ronin

So last seasons Senior Cup Semi Finalists, who only went down 1-0 to Liskeard, are only rated 13th eh? :unsure: (Yes of course we're going to milk the Senior Cup thing for as long as we can!!) As long as we finish above Aggie I'm happy. I might print a copy of these postings off in case I need to quote from them in about 10 months time :clapper:

So last seasons Senior Cup Semi Finalists, who only went down 1-0 to Liskeard, are only rated 13th eh? :unsure: (Yes of course we're going to milk the Senior Cup thing for as long as we can!!) As long as we finish above Aggie I'm happy. I might print a copy of these postings off in case I need to quote from them in about 10 months time :clapper:

cracking idea Ronin.do it buddy.could be some huge pieces of humble pie being eaten in 10 months.

I think Winno will get Helston on track and challenging. I also think St Day can step up again after a great campagin last year. Consistency will be the key for them. If you believe rumours on here, Illogan may struggle to defend their thoroughly deserved title if the team is broken up.

At the other end, I think Ludgvan may struggle again with Wendron and Hayle reserves possibly out of their depth.

Truro are obvious candidates and it is a shame about the 10pt deficit as this will undermine the eventual winners (if its not truro)

Newquay's highest position in the league since they won it 30+ years ago is 5th. I think we may surprise a few people this year and push on into the top half. The new set up at Newquay is going well and the place is buzing again. There is alot of strength in depth and I dont think we'll be conceding 100+ goals as we have done the last 3 years.

I predict a creditable 7th or 8th for the peppermints. Cant wait for people to try and prove me wrong. Bring it on.

jollyman,i see what you and other's are saying about how it could undermine other teams achievements if Truro dont win the league BUT it is not a shame because whoever wins the league (if not truro) will have deserved it because they were fair in the previous season and fulfilled all their fixtures, some with extremely weakened teams and others like ludgvan even turning out without a full team.

Does anybody seriously think that whoever wins the league (if not truro) will give a damn if they win it by getting a couple more points than the superstars of city??.NO, they will enjoy their success and if the obvious happens and people say "well if Truro weren't deducted 10 points at the start of the season, they would be champions", the winners would simply say "that's their fault and they should have thought of that before they showed such disrespect for everybody last season", then go and enjoy a bloody nice combo winning pint.

Good luck at newquay with the totally new structure,staff etc and i hope that your fortunes are improved.I've read quite a few posts saying that winno will get Helston challenging this season and although it seems that they have some great lads up there (can only go by what i know/read from this forum), unless they have the players,they wont be able to do much. Could mourinho win the premiership with fulham?,you know what i mean. Guess nobody really knows what will happen until teams and squads are finalised and the season gets underway.Seems like there should be alot of good competition in the combo league this season and i hope that you all enjoy it as much as it seems you will. "Good luck to you all".

Guest Green Grass

I love it,all these combo teams paying money this season,just to finish 2 or below,Truro will win it (walk it with mewton) :clapper: and mousehole will be above them all in swpl1 looking down on them every week,laughing :yahoo::yahoo: size=3]I love Truro How stupid r cornish teams paying money in the combo :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Helston Patriot

Lets just hope greengrass that when you play JNR Helston XI in a friendly on Aug 8th, you don't lose.. How embarrasing that would be. I'll be the first to ram that pie down your throat! Thats after you get hammered for 90minutes by JNR players!! :D

PS Helston Player Tom Russell was pestered a few times to sign for you... Bet you didn't know that. Bet you don't know what he was told.

Guest Helston Patriot

Took you ages to write that, you must have been thinking for at least 20 minutes and thats the best you could come up with... :lol:

SEE YOU ON THE 8TH!!!

PS, Tom is prob one of the best all round players in the combo, did the double with truro combo, even scored in the final (didn't miss a pen! :yahoo: ) and played Falmouth SW.

Guest Green Grass

sorry hp,greengrass is away on the 8th filming lethal weapon 5 B) Russell sounds like a good player,what's he doing at helston :wacko: :wacko:

Greengrass, who's Tom Russel? One of the most natural footballers i've ever come across. And as for your comments about how good Mousehole AFC are, see you in the combo agaon next year. You are one of these idiots who talks a good game but has never played one. By the way, best of luck to Mousehole, god knows they will need it! Wind your neck in, and leave it to people who know what they are talking about. Lots of love Pirate FM.

Guest Green Grass

sorry ex no9.greengrass is shit :wacko:you r the greatest :thumbsup: who r u?andy cole/alan shearer,i don't think so, :yahoo: Great another pirate fm fan :yahoo: