Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 3rd April

Malabar United 5 - 3 St Georges

Well contested game. Malabars lack of communication and desire to win the game by more was the downfall to us losing the league today. But on the plus side i'm Proud of all my Players to come joint top with side that has been known to play senior players. All credit to St Georges today. Great bunch of lads and wish there was more teams like them in the league.

Malabar United 5 - 3 St Georges

Well contested game. Malabars lack of communication and desire to win the game by more was the downfall to us losing the league today. But on the plus side i'm Proud of all my Players to come joint top with side that has been known to play senior players. All credit to St Georges today. Great bunch of lads and wish there was more teams like them in the league.

Well played to Malabar, pressure told in the second half and they deserved the win. 2 screamers for them plus a couple that we gifted them, oh yeah - and a penalty because Carl Laity is a cheat. True story.

13-2 and 5-3 is a great shame... i wanted malabar to win the league this year and reckon they probably deserve it more...after some of the shambolic posts ive seen on these forums from wendron its a great shame, however its always a nail biter on the last day of the season! congrats to all

13-2 and 5-3 is a great shame... i wanted malabar to win the league this year and reckon they probably deserve it more...after some of the shambolic posts ive seen on these forums from wendron its a great shame, however its always a nail biter on the last day of the season! congrats to all

[

The forum has lots of shambolic posts mate! Including yours!

Guest man city fan

Why is it always Wendron causing problems? I haven't heard a good word said about the Sunday team or the Saturday side's I've played against all season!

nothing wrong with the mining team!

[

The forum has lots of shambolic posts mate! Including yours!

I'll think your find it harder next year as the rules will be changed and you wont be able to cheat. Only way to combat cheats that play senior players is to have every player that plays sign his name on the day. may take a bit of time but it'll stop teams breaking the rules.

Anyway as all is done we can look forward to next season where hopefully all teams will abide by the rules set down by the league.

Ironic really as Crowntown could have claimed today's points but would rather play the game.(It would have given the League to Malabar!)

Ironic, Malabar INSISTED on claiming the points (no goals) when Crowntown couldn't raise a side! I wonder if they wish to change that decision now?"What comes around, goes around."

As an additional note, just to clarify, Wendron and West Cornwall, each volunteered and came clean when they played ineligible players (brilliant). Other teams just cheat (but we all know who they are!)

Ironic really as Crowntown could have claimed today's points but would rather play the game.(It would have given the League to Malabar!)

Ironic, Malabar INSISTED on claiming the points (no goals) when Crowntown couldn't raise a side! I wonder if they wish to change that decision now?"What comes around, goes around."

As an additional note, just to clarify, Wendron and West Cornwall, each volunteered and came clean when they played ineligible players (brilliant). Other teams just cheat (but we all know who they are!)

Well said mate, I believe we done the same for u when u couldn't raise a side. Top form!

Why is it always Wendron causing problems? I haven't heard a good word said about the Sunday team or the Saturday side's I've played against all season!

Thats a little harsh as Wendron is a Brilliant local club and done a lot for local football but guess everyone has a opinion.

Congrats to Wendron for winning the league and well done to Bushy for Managing it and hope he stays for next season in Div 1.

Well wendron havent come clean or the result against us would be over turned bill as they had ineligible players. Malabar has not once played a player that was ineligible.

Would like to congratulate Bushy and the boys for what can be expected for a great club to play for. Shame about Malabar being sour losers but great for the dron.

As for Tremough failing to raise a side for pretty much the beginning and end of the season is cause for concern. We at West Cornwall are a Uni team yet we dont complain when we are short on players. As should be expected, no team should be an exception, we have had to cancel games due to a lack of players however we knew firsthand we would forfeit the points anyway. I would like to announce that West Cornwall will no longer continue to take part in the sunday league due to this reason, nevertheless Im sure the lads who want to continue playing will have other options on the sunday.

Well wendron havent come clean or the result against us would be over turned bill as they had ineligible players. Malabar has not once played a player that was ineligible.

Bill is referring to the league cup game againsst Crowntown I think, where a player was reinstated and played but had'nt waited 30 days as was unaware of the rule.

A question if I may Jonesy, with no ill feeling just curiosity attached. Did you want malabar to win the league on what you have heard/read on here, or down to the actual footballing ability of the two teams?

Thats a little harsh as Wendron is a Brilliant local club and done a lot for local football but guess everyone has a opinion.

Congrats to Wendron for winning the league and well done to Bushy for Managing it and hope he stays for next season in Div 1.

I agree that they're a great club that put a lot into local football. There just seems to be a few individuals that are a bit too sure of themselves in the fhfl3 team and I've read about the Sunday team playing senior players. I've not played Sundays this season so I haven't witnessed this, therefore I may be wrong and if I am then I apologize. Just commenting on what I've read that's all.

I also disagree with someone who is so heavily involved with a participating team being allowed to run the league. Seems to be a bit of a grudge against Malabar from Bill?? Has this effected the league's failure to penalize Wendron and there give Malabar the league?

Would like to congratulate Bushy and the boys for what can be expected for a great club to play for. Shame about Malabar being sour losers but great for the dron.

As for Tremough failing to raise a side for pretty much the beginning and end of the season is cause for concern. We at West Cornwall are a Uni team yet we dont complain when we are short on players. As should be expected, no team should be an exception, we have had to cancel games due to a lack of players however we knew firsthand we would forfeit the points anyway. I would like to announce that West Cornwall will no longer continue to take part in the sunday league due to this reason, nevertheless Im sure the lads who want to continue playing will have other options on the sunday.

if that's you matty, get back out the dron!!

I agree that they're a great club that put a lot into local football. There just seems to be a few individuals that are a bit too sure of themselves in the fhfl3 team and I've read about the Sunday team playing senior players. I've not played Sundays this season so I haven't witnessed this, therefore I may be wrong and if I am then I apologize. Just commenting on what I've read that's all.

I also disagree with someone who is so heavily involved with a participating team being allowed to run the league. Seems to be a bit of a grudge against Malabar from Bill?? Has this effected the league's failure to penalize Wendron and there give Malabar the league?

Bill is no longer anything to do with the league and i believe Bill to be a fair person. He would never take sides with any team. Bill has been a great asset to the league.

As for being sore losers i think not. As finishing joint top with a team thats played senior players (FACT) is still very good for us. If thats what they had to do to challege us then ok. At least we can hold our heads high knowing we've not stooped that low to win the league.

Bill is no longer anything to do with the league and i believe Bill to be a fair person. He would never take sides with any team. Bill has been a great asset to the league.

Have to totally agree with that comment.

Guest man city fan

in what games were there senior players played???

can you answar that hodges??

Against us would be one??? does that answer it for you enough...............and as i said this is a fact.

Wouldn't like to guess what other teams it's happened against.

i hear you played senior players

Against us would be one??? does that answer it for you enough...............and as i said this is a fact.

I did you. thats very good for you. And yes i should of got a signature for Ryan tressider. He was allowed to play in the first game of season when we played though, so i thought he was ok for the second game but later found out the day before he played for wendron combination side. Was even Man Of the Match which was good for the lad.

I did you. thats very good for you. And yes i should of got a signature for Ryan tressider. He was allowed to play in the first game of season when we played though, so i thought he was ok for the second game but later found out the day before he played for wendron combination side. Was even Man Of the Match which was good for the lad.

If your that desperate for ryan's signature I can get it for you? You could ebay it or frame it or something if you want?

I'm sure you have had a great season - well done. but you didnt come joint top - you came second. Congratulations on been promoted and all the best for next season. but please stop your moaning now.

Well done Bushy and the rest of the boys on winning the league! Great achievement and lets hope it wont be the last piece of silverware the club wins this year!

upset by the negative views on Wendron, sorry to hear it and hope you next visit is more positive - although I hope that you don't leave with the 3points! ha.

What happened with the semi final game against Truro as I thought that was being played yesterday?