Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deano11

ARSENAL GOING WRONG WAY ?????

'IAmTheBest' thanks for your kind comments. And not sure bout next year. Yet. What about your goodself? Heard you had a 'slip' up Club I on Fri night. And cheers 'Soccer follower' for your valued estimation of me. Ha Ha Ha. Referring to Jimmy Greaves as in standard and goal scoring ability or in age! I must still have something. The mighty M-Pad have offered a playing contract! Ha Ha Ha.

'IamtheBest' that must have been funny as hell. Though I was reliably told that it was you who took a tumble which is why you were absent on Sat night. And no 'Soccer Follwer' I dont think Pidge has won the Lottery but if he did it would be money well spent! Ha Ha Ha.

unfortunately bud when you hit my age you have other sorts of things to thing about e,g i played footy and hurt my bk etc and was severly hang ova from friday, cant handle it any more lol

i just hope keir dent washed before he went out ??

what is this about pidgeon winnin lottery can i have some please :yahoo: :thumbsup:

mr rosevear,i totally agree about malbranque and tainio and think we should just get rid of them,along with chimbonda if chelsea really are willing to pay £10million and we could play ricardo rocha at right back?.the left side problem is my biggest concern because it's been our weakest link ever since ginola left and my concern comes from the fact that big martin jol doesn't seem in a hurry to put it right.that's why i have a horrible feeling that he's thinking of playing bale on the wing with assou-ekotto behind him.we NEED a centre back because of the way we struggled last season without ledley and lets face it,the guy is injured alot which i think is due to his size.i've read alot about the young french guy that we appear to be spending £8.5million on and he looks the business.the left wing could be pedersen but i don't think he'll leave blackburn unless it's to replace giggs at utd.then there's downing but i'm not his biggest fan,there is the young dutch guy called Drenthe who plays on the wing and jol may have some influence in that possibility?.i wouldn't say no to gareth barry because there simply aren't many players as consistent as him in the league and his versatility is superb with being able to play left back,on the wing or in the middle.if jol is thinking of playing bale on the wing,he should get baines from wigan to go in at left back or break the bank for bridge?.i hope huddlestone gets a chance for more footy because he could be the ball player that we desperately need.i also think lennon needs to "buck up his ideas" because his effort is questionable and end product needs ALOT of work.

as for getting bent,Bent's value would be expected to increase if he improves on his first two seasons in the top flight when he has scored 37 goals and earned his first England cap. what other striker has scored 37 goals in his last 2 seasons?.i think he'll be a decent acquisition.

Your age 'IamtheBest' is all of what..........mid 20's! You lightweight! Ha Ha. Be a tough guy and play hurt. As for Keir......best to ask his wife RJ! Ha Ha Ha. And Pidgeon is investing in M-Pad so I hear and bringing ion some quality players.

Guest TruroLad

spurs fans do not fear, there are deals in the works to sort out the left midfield, right back and centre mid problems, it will all be sorted by the beginning of the season.

we will be the 2nd largest force in north london next season, wet spam are the east london rent boys and arsenal are a bunch of foreigners.

this is how it will end next season:

1) Man United 90

2) Chelsea 80

3) Liverpool 72

4) Tottenham 70

5) Arsenal 64

6) Everton 63

you spurs fans are jsut wrong!!! last season henry didnt play against you lot once and i believe arsenal put 10 goals past you lot! If you lot are willing to pay 18million for darren bent then henry should of gone for about 60million. You lot make me laugh! Your team is laughable! Your best player is berbatov. who else have you got?? lennon... pah! Just wait and see what mr wenger does. He isnt the best manager for transfers in the world for nothing

i'd love to think you're right Truro lad but we must stay realistic and i have a gut wrenching feeling that the goons may still have a bit too much for us.remember that we haven't beaten them in over a decade and unless the signings we make are top quality,i fear that once again we will be beaten by our bitterest rivals and once again finish behind them.jol also needs to work on his tactics because his WRONG DECISIONS cost us dearly last season.he's years behind wenger when it comes to knowledge and tactical nous.

It is sad to see Henry move not only for Arsenal fans but also for ny football fan in Britain. But he has been struggling with injury for the past couple of seasons and £16 million is a nice payout for someone who has had 8 great seasons at the Arsenal and only cost £10,You could do a lot worse and sign Bent for £18 million. As for Arsenal sruggling not a chance they may not be up at the top of the league next season but watch out the year after with the youngsters we have coming through as witnessed in last years league cup. Thierry Henry was and always will be a true Arsenal legend good luck in Barcelona :drink:

Guest chriswarren

Look all you Arsenal fans, you dont wana support them any more they are going down hill. Come and support the Pool. Liverpool are on the way up and i am guna support them for at least this year again

We would even accept some ex spurs fans in to fan group

It is sad to see Henry move not only for Arsenal fans but also for ny football fan in Britain. But he has been struggling with injury for the past couple of seasons and £16 million is a nice payout for someone who has had 8 great seasons at the Arsenal and only cost £10,You could do a lot worse and sign Bent for £18 million. As for Arsenal sruggling not a chance they may not be up at the top of the league next season but watch out the year after with the youngsters we have coming through as witnessed in last years league cup. Thierry Henry was and always will be a true Arsenal legend good luck in Barcelona :drink:

i see what you're saying barbs and to an extent i as a spurs fan agree with you,BUT all the youngsters you talk about will not hang around when wenger goes at the end of the season.chris warren,thanks but no thanks.spurs are on a little rise of their own and i'll stick by them as i have done for the last 30+ years.thought liverpool were going to be world beaters last season after they signed kuyt and bellamy anyway?.

Guest chriswarren

R U sure coops ??? they are awesome. we were nearly world beaters except for the cheating diving Italians !!! they shud not of even been there although to be fair I think Manu are the best team in the world at the moment. We will def win the premiership this year no probs. watch these lips

sure i cant tempt you coops i wont be able to let you in half way through the season

chris,you're a funny guy.i agree about the italians but is it surprising that a team kicked out of the league,docked points,fined and villified and also kicked out of the champions league eventually went on to stay in the league,get the point reduction made less,the fine reduced and re-instated into the champions league,then go on to win it?????.what is it all of this punishment was for again??.oh yes,bribery and corruption.just so happens that they won the world cup aswell??..back to liverpool and your offer of switching my legiancies to them from my beloved spurs.once again i must say "no thankyou".i must also agree with your statement about man utd and add that liverpool are about as likely to win the premiership as spurs are to win the champions league....

Jon Rosevear, Only time will tell fella. :)

Coopsie fella, Just kidding my friend i was not bored. :D

neil phillips, Bent maybe valued at £17 mil but i dont rate the chap myself. :angry:

why dont u rate bent? he was injured for about the same time as henry last season n scored more goals than him and his side got relegated. Hes scored what? 20, 18, 15 goals (rough guess) in his 3 seasons in the prem for one of the relegation battlers and i think that if he wasnt injured this year it would have been watford, sheff utd and wigan goin down and not charlton

hello eddie junior,where you been buddy?.common sense statement mate and as i've said atleast 3 times during this debate,"imagine what he MAY be able to do in a good/better team"?..i think he'll be at spurs VERY SOON and for a fee of around £12million to £13million with add ons for goals success etc.i can't see spurs setting a new club transfer record for a player to warm the bench.therefore expect keane to be played behind a front pairing of bent and berbatov OR there will be alternating pairs of keane and berbatov for some games then Defoe and Bent for other games?.i can see bent and defoe becoming good mates,perhaps in a similar way to cole and yorke (perhaps not as effective).people say that if spurs get bent,defoe will be off BUT i can't see that happening because with mido certain to go,it would mean that we have to buy another striker (but watch out for the young lad called TAARABT next season,he's going to be a bit good.you heard it here first)...just want to say a quick thankyou to deacs and rich chown for allowing this topic to continue and not closing or deleting it,as has happened in the past. :clapper:

fabio capello JUST sacked by the Real Madrid board,watch an intense quest for arsene wenger unfold now and they'll offer him all the financial backing he needs to sign van persie,fabregas etc.unless you can think of anyone else that they may want?.

i heard that aswell BUT i have a feeling that wenger's agent may be working his socks off.perhaps he'll sort it for when wenger's contract expires next season?.my desperation for arsenal to implode is becoming really transparent isn't it??.getafe only finished 9th in the league though.

personally i think it would be fantastic if wenger left really leave them in the s.... but every thing i read is that getafe manager, i dont rate him myself, but in spain they have new manager every 3 months and new president every year, so what do we know haha

i do agree though i think his agent is running his phone bill up now

lets just hope we're both right?.i see bent's signing is to be announced any time now.apparantly for the figure i quoted (£12million-£13million).perhaps jon rosevear could shed some light on that?.

No matter how temtping it is to click on that coops i couldnt it would be wrong for manu and brentford fan to click on this

you know you want to,just to see what man utd's nearest challengers for next seasons league title are upto. :D:thumbsup: :unsure:

Sorry Greyhound. I just aint good enough. And hey hows the pregnancy? Your wifes belly is nearly as big as yours now tubster! Ha Ha Ha. Cant say anything to Drac now can you! Tee Hee. Hope all is well pal. Have a good season

aint found anything interestin to comment on recently as i usually get abused wen i do anyway haha! well some1s gotta talk sense here sometimes. u wer close lks like hes gone for 16m thts a hell of alot of maney but it will b worth. :D

aint found anything interestin to comment on recently as i usually get abused wen i do anyway haha! well some1s gotta talk sense here sometimes. u wer close lks like hes gone for 16m thts a hell of alot of maney but it will b worth. :D

in the last 2 seasons only drogba and henry have scored more goals in the premiership.henry has only scored 1 more and drogba 5 more.therefore i once again ask the question "is he really that expensive"??.

coops i cant mate its too dark for me, plus you always get ripped off 16.5million for bent i wudnt even give a tenner

he consistently outscores rooney and cost £11million less...being a striker is about scoring goals. ;)

by the way,there's links to other clubs on there.

Yea right Mike C! they are going to retire that shirt when i stop playing! but hopefully not for some years yet! Darren Bent? what do you think? waste of money I think, he is gonna have to prove himself big time to me! Gonna have to meet up soon bud, laters mate.