Cornwall Football Forum

ARSENAL GOING WRONG WAY ?????

AFTER SELLING T.HENRY TO BARCELONA DOES EVERY ONE FEEL THAT IT CONFIRMS THAT ARSENAL ARE CRUMBLING ??? A BIG PLAYER LIKE THAT CAN HAVE HUGE IMPACT ON YOUNGER PLAYERS AND LOOKS LIKE THE LAST BIT OF JIGSAW HOLDING IT TOGETHER ARSENE WENGER COULD BE ON HIS WAY ????

OR WILL IT PULL EVERYONE TOGETHER ???

WHERE DO YOU THINK THEY WILL FINISH NEXT YEAR ^_^

Guest TruroLad

the power in north london is changing, the mighty spurs are on the up and just to rub salt into arsenals wounds we will take 4th spot from them.

i predict arscum to finish 7th.

iamthebest, TruroLad

I think you are right i do feel the Arse are on there way out and the mighty irons beating them on a regular basis has seen the tides of london football change, they will become just another pityfull north london club like the Spuds.

Take note my friends the futre is claret and blue

The futre is EAST LONDON :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Helston Patriot

trurolad i have to say your talking crap. Arsenal are not falling apart! Granted we sold Henry but he hasn't been playing that well for 2 yrs. He only managed 17games last year, his heart wasn't init so its beter he has gone. Hopefully this will make other players take on more resposibilty are become better.

7TH??? You are tal;king rubbish. Just to remind you that Spurs haven';t beat arsenal this milleni...

Cheers

And no its not sour grapes that he has gone before you both throw your 2 pence worth in... and its a cornish soccer forum :D

i'm enthusiastic about next season BUT spurs still need to buy a quality left winger,a quality centre back,a quality striker and perhaps a ball winning playmaker to sit in the midfield and protect the defence.until we get these we will still be behind arsenal even with their talisman moving on to pastures new.players like van persie,adebayor and possibly even walcott will be able to express themselves more because they are not in the shadow of henry.they also have fabregas who is perhaps the best young midfielder in europe,if not the world.arsenal still have massive quality and a superb manager with some excellent prospects and they are easily capable of beating any other team in the league/europe.i think that all spurs fans must remember that we still haven't won anything for 8 years and in reality it's going to be extremely hard for us to win anything domestically because teams such as chelsea and man utd really have a thing for wanting to achieve the double,triple etc.perhaps our only chance is the uefa cup but we need to get rid of players like gardner,pyo,stalteri,routledge,murphy,ghaly,tainio,ziegler,mido and bring in some REAL quality because although some of them aren't that bad,they aren't top 4 quality and that is where we HAVE TO BE if we are to keep hold of players like berbatov.if we don't achieve top 4 minimum and possibly the uefa cup,berba will almost definately be off to united or chelsea and we simply can't afford to lose him.I still think that there may indeed be a mini crisis at arsenal and i see that wenger has told the board that he will only sign a new contract if the bring back david dein.that wont happen because of the pride at stake and would the guy even want to go back there after they sacked him once?,i very much doubt it.wenger will definately go at the end of the season but i actually wonder if he may go before that?.i don't see how arsenal can cover the debts they have if they don't win anything.i still think that spurs will possibly struggle to finish ahead of the gooners BUT i also can't see the gooners being able to win anything.one thing is for sure though.when wenger does leave,players like van persie,gallas,fabregas etc will definately want to follow him.without money and the debts they have,the future looks extremely bleak for arsenal fc...perhaps the next leeds utd??.

coopsie, trurolad i have to say your both talking crap. Arsenal are not falling apart! Granted we sold Henry but he hasn't been playing that well for 2 yrs. He only managed 17games last year, his heart wasn't init so its beter he has gone. Hopefully this will make other players take on more resposibilty are become better.

7TH??? You are tal;king rubbish. Just to remind you that Spurs haven';t beat arsenal this milleni...

Cheers

And no its not sour grapes that he has gone before you both throw your 2 pence worth in... and its a cornish soccer forum :D

HP,i need to say something before i'm talking crap buddy.i don't think i've said anything untrue or crap in my thread on this topic??.also,would it be a "cornish soccer" forum if we were discussing arsenal possibly signing tevez?.

cockerkneeboy,how are spurs a pitiful north london club?.finish 5th 2 seasons in a row,QF of the uefa cup,SF league cup,QF fa cup..spot on my friend,absolutely pitiful.....tell me again about how the mighty irons have got on over the last 2 seasons and then tell me why a guy is willing to take £35000 per week less to play for our pitiful club,rather than play for the mighty irons??. ;)

£16 million for a player who has not performed too well in the past season or two is good business for Arsenal. Henry was also very critical of some of the younger players and may have been a negative influence. The most important person at Arsenal is Wenger. If he stays committed to Arsenal I am sure they will bounce back. But not for a couple of years. Doubt the Gunners will qualify for Euro footy this season.

Mike C, I agree with you that wenger is one of the most important but instead of going forward they seem to have taken a backward step, There was an article in a national newspaper the other day about this and looking at the players that they have seen go over the last few years indicates problems within the camp, Also David Dein going was a big shock although i dont doubt for one minute they will be back but it may be a liverpool situation and could take some rebuilding. :D

Coopsie, I would have read your post fella but i was falling asleep :thumbsup:

Agree with you Mike that Wenger is the catalyst,if he decides to move then Arsenal will have problems keeping hold of their very good players.Should Arsenal not perform this season,then the debts are going to grow and then players start to get uneasy and talk of moving.....

I personally think that we have seen the best of Henry and the money obtained from Barcelona for him may turn out to be good business for Arsenal and will allow the younger players to now evolve in their own right.He is 30/31,maybe has 2-3 years at the top level left in him but that will depend upon the effect that the injuries have had on him.Think also that he was at a stage where he needed the motivation of a new club and new targets.

How many games did he play last season out of Arsenal's fixtures?

Guest Postie Pidge

I don't know what you lot are on about! I agree witk Cockerkneeboy, there's only one team in London and that's the mighty Hammers!

As a Spurs fan I am cautious at sounding the death bell for the Gooners just yet. I'd like to think that they're falling apart but I think we must remember the clutch of young talent that is coming through there. Remember what they did to Liverpool at Anfield last season in the FA Cup?

I think it is Spurs' best chance to break into the top four next season, certainly at the expense of the Scummers, but I get the feeling that this isn't quite the end just yet.

As for West Ham... the future is Claret & Blue? All this foreign investment is very much a short term fix. Much the same as many of the other clubs who have gone down that road (Man City & Aston Villa spring to mind). It will all come to a nasty conculsion eventually, leaving them with nothing other than the prospect of visiting Home Park again! If they're not careful they will end up like Leeds United.

My Predictions?

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Tottenham

------------------------

5. Arsenal

6. Newcastle United

7. Aston Villa

How about the bottom end?

16. Birmingham City

17. Bolton Wanderers

-----------------------

18. Wigan Athletic

19. Fulham

20. Derby County

the gooner fans are saying it was good business because arsenal are getting £16.1million for a guy that has been no good for the last couple of seasons.that is not good business...if he's been "not so good" over the last couple of seasons,the good business would have been to take the £30+million that barcelona we're willing to pay before the start of last season rather than continue to shell out £120,000 a week in wages for a player that wasn't playing at his best...cockerkneeboy,sorry i bored you.

This is turning into Deal or No Deal. Maybe Arsenal did deal one season too late but its not the end for them, they are not falling apart he was one player out of a team, yes he is a f**king good player, but he can, like any player be replaced. We may have to add another mil or so to get a player good enough to fill his place, but so what. :D We had a shit season, a few teething probs with our new home and a young team, but we're settled down a bit more now. and there ain't no way Spurs are gonna finish above us this season :lol:

It pains me to say this, but I find it hard to understand people that say Henry has not been good over the last couple of season. He was injured for most of last season for a start!

The Scummers will certainly miss him, but you never no what gem Arse "I didn't see it" Wenger will dig up next.

Love him or hate him, you can't argue with his record. And when was the last time any of us Spurs, West Ham or whoever fans had a player that did that?

1999/00 - 26 goals

2000/01 - 22

2001/02 - 32

2002/03 - 32

2003/04 - 39

2004/05 - 30

2005/06 - 33

2006/07 - 12

When was the last time we had someone like that Coopsie? Clive Allen for a couple of years? Jimmy Greaves? And Cockerkneeboy - Tony Cottee?

For Arsenal Ted Drake, goals scored 42, 34/35 season

For west ham Vic Watson, goals scored 42, 29/30 season

For Spurs Jimmy Greaves, goals scored 37, 62/63 season

For Liverpool Rodger Hunt, goals scored 41, 61/62 season

:lol: i was bored :thumbsup:

Vic Watson was signed for a £50 transfer fee from Wellingborough Town in March, 1920. He replaced West Ham's star forward Sydney Puddefoot when he signed for Falkirk in 1922. That season, Watson's 22 league goals being largely responsible for West Ham's promotion to the First Division in 1923. In the next nine seasons in the top flight he scored over 200 goals. In 1929-30, he scored 42 goals in only 40 league appearances and 8 in 4 cup games. That season Watson scored over half of West Ham’s 98 league and cup goals. On 9th February, 1929, he scored six in West Ham's 8-2 victory over Leeds.

The Spurs' goalkeeper dives at the feet of Vic Watson (January, 1926)

Anita, I had 2 minutes to spare as well :thumbsup:

Guest postman pat

if wingers heart is still in it he will unearth another gem his record for finding young foreingners is emence.henry was a winger when signed for ars**** and see how he turned out "olly is king"come on you greens :drink: :drink:

Clive Allen joined Spurs from Queens Park Rangers in September 1984. His first two years at White Hart Lane were hardly spectacular for the son of Les Allen, inside-left in our Double-winning side of 1961, but the 1986-7 season saw Clive Allen hit a rich vein of goalscoring form which lasted for the whole season.

It all started on the opening day at a less-than-full Villa Park. Only 24,712 (football was in a sorry state in those days - only one year on from Heysel, Millwall fans rioting at Luton and the fire at Valley Parade) saw Clive notch twice in the first half and complete his hat-trick after the interval as we comfortably won 3-0.Clive's exploits were all very well, but a lack of goalscoring support from his colleagues put paid to any race for the Title. The year ended with Clive bagging six more goals in the space of eight days, two each in the 2-0 win at Chelsea and 4-0 thrashing of WEST HAM on Boxing Day, with a third brace coming in the thrilling 3-4 defeat at Coventry. All consistent goalscorers are supposed to go through a lean spell, but Allen didn't, four games being his longest period without a goal during the whole season. The second half of the campaign was not as prolific: as the first had been, but there was another hat-trick, this time against Norwich City.

Tottenham finished the season in third position, Allen scoring 33 (including four penalties) of the club's 68 league goals (our second highest scorer in the league was Nico Claesen with eight goals). Clive scored two hat-tricks and eight two goal hauls. With his sixteen goals in the Cup competitions, including one heavily deflected shot in the FA Cup Semi Final against Watford [which he wouldn't be allowed to claim these days] and one in the opening minutes of the FA Cup Final against Coventry, Clive Allen ended the season with a remarkable total of 49 goals, a new individual scoring record for Spurs, including both League and Cup.

His tally of 33 league goals was four short of Jimmy Greaves record of thirty seven scored during the 1962-3 season.

mr rosevear,i personally think that in berbatov,keane and defoe we have 3 strikers capable of getting the same amount of goals as henry did per season.we just need to sign the players to give them the service.

cockerkneeboy,i'm not too sure whether i rate bent either BUT he was top english striker in the premiership 2 seasons ago and was second top english scorer in the premiership last season.we must remember that those goals were scored for the worst team in london and one of the worst in the league at the time.just imagine what he could do in a good team with decent service.it seems spurs are going to get him for around £14million+add ons based on appearances and success.take into account that the guy is 22 or 23 years old and therefore has around 10 years service left in him,is it really such a big fee when you look at it that way?.take into account £17+million for hargreaves,upto £18.3million for carrick,£27million for rooney.....bent's price isn't so bad you know.

As a Spurs fan I am cautious at sounding the death bell for the Gooners just yet. I'd like to think that they're falling apart but I think we must remember the clutch of young talent that is coming through there. Remember what they did to Liverpool at Anfield last season in the FA Cup?

No -- I don't remember that; I've repressed it, and I'm beginning to believe it never really happened. <_<

(Wait, don't you mean the 6-3 spanking in the league Cup?)

But keep in mind that one of those young guns (Alialiaderriere or something, the one with the hat-trick) is now gone, and several big Spanish and Italian clubs are sniffing around Fabregas -- Arse could be plugging a lot of holes next year!

Coopsie son!! You stole my thunder a little there...

Darren Bent? Well, I personally can't see the sense in buying him for £15m+, then having to offload Defoe for £9m... I'd be much happier (and i'm sensing you would be too) settling for what we have. Berbatov, Keane and Defoe... let Mido go for £5m and take a chance on a youngster like Billy Sharp or Nugent. Maybe even get someone like Harewood as back-up. Having said that, the young lad in the youth team, Terry Dixon, is a bit sharp!!

dont mean to be rude john but mido is never worth 5million !!! you were guna get 3million for january and he is even worse now. Also darren bent is not worth 15million, but as soon as you put on a england shirt even if it was for about 2mins you automatically have 10million added to your name !!! he is 5million player at most

Premiership managers chop and change every five minutes. But Wenger at Arsenal and Ferguson at United have been at the top of their game for years and both got outstanding results. Time after time they have proved critics wrong. I am sure Wenger knows what he is doing. Even if he is French! Ha Ha Ha.

dont mean to be rude john but mido is never worth 5million !!! you were guna get 3million for january and he is even worse now. Also darren bent is not worth 15million, but as soon as you put on a england shirt even if it was for about 2mins you automatically have 10million added to your name !!! he is 5million player at most

£3.7million was the agreed fee with fulham last week but the useless sack of shit wants £25000 per week and now hopes to go to man city,will sven want him there?.mr rosevear i'm sorry i stole your thunder sir and i do kind of understand what you're saying about billy sharp or nugent but i can't really comment as i don't really know anything about either (except that nugent STOLE his debut goal for england from defoe by smashing in defoe's shot which was already on the line and on it's way in).i keep hearing about this guy freddie eastwood who's 23 and apparantly pretty shit hot.why not just pay £12.50 and rescue david healy from leeds and division one football?.minimal outlay for a proven goalscorer.priority must be a GOOD centreback,a GOOD left winger,a GOOD ball winner to protect the defence and spread the play.i have a horrible feeling that jol is thinking of using gareth bale on the left wing.any suggestions on who you think we should sign and do you agree with the positions i believe need strengthening?

Another thing,iamthebest.how on earth can bent only be worth £5million at the most when he outscores every other english striker in the league?.must make rooney worth as much as mido?.

Coopsie.

We definately needed a left back, so Gareth Bale slots in there nicely. Never liked Lee Yung Poo!! But then again Pascal "Gloves & Tights" Chimbonda doesn't convince me either at Right Back.

Centre Back? Well I think you don't get much better than King and Dawson to be honest but I don't think they got alot of support from the midfield and full-backs last year. Having said that, it looks like we're signing this Kaboul geezer from Auxere who is a mountain of a guy. Would prefer to see them sign a solid midfielder - wouldn't have been upset with Scott Parker really.

I'd personally get rid of Jenas. I think sitting Huddlestone (as long as he doesn't swear at any linesmen) in there with Zokora would be a better option. I get the feeling Zokora has alot more to offer than a defensive midfield role.

We still definately need a left sided midfielder. Malbranque doesn't float my boat, Lennon is waisted when he plays there and Tainio is not a wide player in a month of sundays. Morten Gamst Pedersen would be my choice, but I think he's everyone elses too... Harry Kewell might be worth a risk if you can get him for the right price... possibly Stewart Downing - but I'm not convinced.

'IAmTheBest' thanks for your kind comments. And not sure bout next year. Yet. What about your goodself? Heard you had a 'slip' up Club I on Fri night. And cheers 'Soccer follower' for your valued estimation of me. Ha Ha Ha. Referring to Jimmy Greaves as in standard and goal scoring ability or in age! I must still have something. The mighty M-Pad have offered a playing contract! Ha Ha Ha.

'IamtheBest' that must have been funny as hell. Though I was reliably told that it was you who took a tumble which is why you were absent on Sat night. And no 'Soccer Follwer' I dont think Pidge has won the Lottery but if he did it would be money well spent! Ha Ha Ha.

unfortunately bud when you hit my age you have other sorts of things to thing about e,g i played footy and hurt my bk etc and was severly hang ova from friday, cant handle it any more lol

i just hope keir dent washed before he went out ??

what is this about pidgeon winnin lottery can i have some please :yahoo: :thumbsup:

mr rosevear,i totally agree about malbranque and tainio and think we should just get rid of them,along with chimbonda if chelsea really are willing to pay £10million and we could play ricardo rocha at right back?.the left side problem is my biggest concern because it's been our weakest link ever since ginola left and my concern comes from the fact that big martin jol doesn't seem in a hurry to put it right.that's why i have a horrible feeling that he's thinking of playing bale on the wing with assou-ekotto behind him.we NEED a centre back because of the way we struggled last season without ledley and lets face it,the guy is injured alot which i think is due to his size.i've read alot about the young french guy that we appear to be spending £8.5million on and he looks the business.the left wing could be pedersen but i don't think he'll leave blackburn unless it's to replace giggs at utd.then there's downing but i'm not his biggest fan,there is the young dutch guy called Drenthe who plays on the wing and jol may have some influence in that possibility?.i wouldn't say no to gareth barry because there simply aren't many players as consistent as him in the league and his versatility is superb with being able to play left back,on the wing or in the middle.if jol is thinking of playing bale on the wing,he should get baines from wigan to go in at left back or break the bank for bridge?.i hope huddlestone gets a chance for more footy because he could be the ball player that we desperately need.i also think lennon needs to "buck up his ideas" because his effort is questionable and end product needs ALOT of work.

as for getting bent,Bent's value would be expected to increase if he improves on his first two seasons in the top flight when he has scored 37 goals and earned his first England cap. what other striker has scored 37 goals in his last 2 seasons?.i think he'll be a decent acquisition.

Your age 'IamtheBest' is all of what..........mid 20's! You lightweight! Ha Ha. Be a tough guy and play hurt. As for Keir......best to ask his wife RJ! Ha Ha Ha. And Pidgeon is investing in M-Pad so I hear and bringing ion some quality players.

Guest TruroLad

spurs fans do not fear, there are deals in the works to sort out the left midfield, right back and centre mid problems, it will all be sorted by the beginning of the season.

we will be the 2nd largest force in north london next season, wet spam are the east london rent boys and arsenal are a bunch of foreigners.

this is how it will end next season:

1) Man United 90

2) Chelsea 80

3) Liverpool 72

4) Tottenham 70

5) Arsenal 64

6) Everton 63

you spurs fans are jsut wrong!!! last season henry didnt play against you lot once and i believe arsenal put 10 goals past you lot! If you lot are willing to pay 18million for darren bent then henry should of gone for about 60million. You lot make me laugh! Your team is laughable! Your best player is berbatov. who else have you got?? lennon... pah! Just wait and see what mr wenger does. He isnt the best manager for transfers in the world for nothing

i'd love to think you're right Truro lad but we must stay realistic and i have a gut wrenching feeling that the goons may still have a bit too much for us.remember that we haven't beaten them in over a decade and unless the signings we make are top quality,i fear that once again we will be beaten by our bitterest rivals and once again finish behind them.jol also needs to work on his tactics because his WRONG DECISIONS cost us dearly last season.he's years behind wenger when it comes to knowledge and tactical nous.