Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup 5th Feb

I felt the need to come on and calm this down.

I play for TMS and have not heard of half of the people on behalf of TMS on here.

It was a very enjoyable game to play in and Illogan deserved their victory no matter how they came of it, they scored 2, we scored 1.

There isn't really any need for any bragging though as we were gracious in congratulating you yesterday and you received it also.

Congratulations and I thought you whoever won yesterday would win the tournament and I still think that today. See you next week.

Jasa! I've got to agree with you!. Thought was a great game to play in and although it had its up and downs i enjoyed it. Dont know why theres a lot of bitching goin on,can only think some sour grapes goin on. As you was gracefull in defeat,and was the busy of the two keepers i can only respect tms no 1. As for your team esspecially your no.3 was lucky in not bein booked, and i seem to remember it was tms throwing there weight around first twenty.

Gutted about the result, firstly, i think a draw would have been a fair result but if anyone was going to win it was gonna be illogan,

secondly, for all the people here saying punching an opponent happens every week, IT DOESN'T and eefing shouldnt i play in the mining league because im shit and enjoy football, not to get punched in the face every time i play illogan!

thirdly, your lino made a decision which was wrong and that lead to your 1st goal, i think the younger of the 2 gaffas new it aswell as we all did standing by are dugout sadly in junior football that will happen every week.

but, that shouldnt ruin what was the tie of the competion and the winner of which in my eyes was going to go on to win it! was a great game which had a great tempo from start to finish,dont know if anyone from illogan agrees but Justin Miles goal was the best goal i think i have ever seen in cornish football!! well done to Gee and Mikey (assuming they are the gaffas) good luck in the next round.

Well done Illogan from all the Halsetown boys, great team and we always know we're in for a physical game with them. everyone should know how illogan play, they are the league champions after all!!!

Illogan representing Mining 1 in the junior cup....come on lads bring it home!!!!

Just like to add my congratulations to Mike and Illogan 2nds enjoy your day and i hope you make the easter finals :D

well that was nice but you forgot to congratulate mark waters as well

u dont have a clue get back on that dummy u 17year old acting 3 :yahoo:

ooo you dont like it when i and others make you lot like a ****, but is alright for you to try make peopel look like a ****??????

Gutted about the result, firstly, i think a draw would have been a fair result but if anyone was going to win it was gonna be illogan,

secondly, for all the people here saying punching an opponent happens every week, IT DOESN'T and eefing shouldnt i play in the mining league because im shit and enjoy football, not to get punched in the face every time i play illogan!

thirdly, your lino made a decision which was wrong and that lead to your 1st goal, i think the younger of the 2 gaffas new it aswell as we all did standing by are dugout sadly in junior football that will happen every week.

but, that shouldnt ruin what was the tie of the competion and the winner of which in my eyes was going to go on to win it! was a great game which had a great tempo from start to finish,dont know if anyone from illogan agrees but Justin Miles goal was the best goal i think i have ever seen in cornish football!! well done to Gee and Mikey (assuming they are the gaffas) good luck in the next round.

No Mikey Pascoe and Mark Waters are the brains behind the team. I just run(well brisk jog) around on a saturday afternoon for them.

Illogan 2 - 1 TMS AET (1-1 ht)

(Adam Callaway, Jason Buckly) - (Justin Miles)

1st Half

TMS started really well and out played us for first 25 mins against the wind which really concerned us but then we managed to get back into the game and finished the half the better side.

2nd half

We came out really fired up and as much as TMS outplayed us against the wind we did the same to them. Adam Callaway then came off the bench and had an immediate impact scoring with about 25 mins to go. Rest of the half we played the better football and started to create some good chances but some poor finishing and some great saves from TMS keeper who played really well meant we could'nt get the 2nd goal that we needed.

Just when I thought we had done enough with 10min to go a weak free kick was given about 35 yds out which Justin Miles smashed into the top corner giving our keeper no chance.

Extra Time

We started the extra time the better side and looked like we wanted it more, then another player who came off the bench Jason Buckly scored a great goal early in the 1st half to put us ahead again. We had a few more chances during the extra time as TMS pushed but couldn't convert them but we did manage to hang on for the much deserved win.

As for the comments about punching no there isnt room in football for it but then TMS know that having had a played banned for life for hitting a ref recently.

To say our linesman was a cheat is simply a lie. I played in the back and out of the 10 offsides all bar 1 were definitely off and the one that wasn't was marginal so id prefer our lino flags for it than give u the benefit of the doubt.

Cant wait for next week when we do it all over again in the Arthur Pearce Cup.

I presume you are talking about me there??? firstly I do/ did not play for threemilestone although my brother does, secondly the incident you are talking about was at a six a side game when the referee threw a punch at me 1st ( every player from both teams witnessed this)but as i'm a professional fighter and the ref was a fat middle aged man i got the better of him and he wrote a totally biased report to the CCFA which i didnt have a chance to appeal as i was away for 3months.

I was watching the game- I thought Illogan were the better side and created more although either side could have won it. The punch should have seen red but the ref didnt see it as it was miles off the ball so what can you do....As for the lino i wasnt in a position to see if the players were on or off but there were a lot of offsides.

Good game though