Cornwall Football Forum

Does anyone know what's happening at Hayle?

1st team hammered on sat with no subs, goalie quit, bob the physio sacked after serving the club for years.

2nd team struggling, couldn't beat Ludgvan and players not wanting to go 1st's.

Apparently the chairman is stepping down in the summer.

A lot of stalwarts no longer involved at the club and players that have been there for ages leaving for other clubs.

The junior sides seem to be doing ok albeit in the lower divisions, but the senior sides look as if they're falling apart.

A crying shame really as the set-up is fantastic, with proberly the best pitches in the county [that i've been on anyway].

Lets hope they can sort it out quickly before they become the laughing stock of senior football.

I know they have a good youth policy as I've been there for games, but it seems the men's side of the club really needs a shake up.

i was not sacked.i .was asked to step down to the 2nd team or find another club by the ASSISTANT mat harris. been with the club only three months.i was waiting for some response from the manager or the commitee but as yet have not recieved any. i believe there is a meeting tonite so i will proberly here something soon

i was not sacked.i .was asked to step down to the 2nd team or find another club by the ASSISTANT mat harris. been with the club only three months.i was waiting for some response from the manager or the commitee but as yet have not recieved any. i believe there is a meeting tonite so i will proberly here something soon

My appologies for saying you were 'sacked' Bob,[that's what i was told] but from what you've just said, it amounts to the same thing.

I can remember way back when you worked with Perry Bullock and Colin Quinn. A lot of managers have come and gone since, shame the current ones, want to do without you.

Proberly got a younger fitter 'model' with better legs to take your place.

Yours

A. Gray.

I have just emailed you with my number and would be delighted to answer any of your questions. Many Thanks for the interest in our club though. :)

Just read your E-mail Anthony and if I feel the need to ring you I've now got your number.

A couple of points to pick up on though;

1. I wasn't aware there was a set amount of posts you had to make before commenting on a club that clearly is going through troubled times.

2. You might want to change your e-mail address as it looks as if you might have divided loyalties. Greenarmy would be more appropriate.

I've got nothing against Hayle, far from it. I've watched them occassionally over the years along with many other west cornwall sides and wish them and you well.

Yes ther are problems at Hayle no point in denying it. Most of the problems stem from money or lack of it. Sponsorship has gone by about 80% this season.Revenue from programme adverts has gone from £2500 to about £450 this season.There are meetings being held to overcome the problems, and they will be resolved one way or other. However as far as I know no long serving important stalwarts have left the club, and the facilties and hospitality will continue to be kept to their high standard. As is said when you are down there is only one way left, and that is up.

Whichever way, the decisions will be made, only in the interest of the club and nothing else.

Yes ther are problems at Hayle no point in denying it. Most of the problems stem from money or lack of it. Sponsorship has gone by about 80% this season.Revenue from programme adverts has gone from £2500 to about £450 this season.There are meetings being held to overcome the problems, and they will be resolved one way or other. However as far as I know no long serving important stalwarts have left the club, and the facilties and hospitality will continue to be kept to their high standard. As is said when you are down there is only one way left, and that is up.

Whichever way, the decisions will be made, only in the interest of the club and nothing else.

It's always a shame when long serving stalwarts leave a club maybe because they weren't important enough is why they left. It sounds like 80% of the un important stalwarts feel perhaps there was some hidden gratitude there somewhere

That's good to hear Ian, I hope things work out for Hayle.

I would have thought that Keith and his brother Colin would have been classed as stalwarts.

That's good to hear Ian, I hope things work out for Hayle.

I would have thought that Keith and his brother Colin would have been classed as stalwarts.

I would have said my dad would be a stalwart of the club, and someone who's done a lot for Hayle, which is why his removal as physio is disgusting.

Along with being physio for 7 different managers and doing proberly well over 300 games, he's painted goal posts, railings and dugouts. Reffed loads of youth games, served on the committee, arranged social events and countless other things. You only have to look at the shirts on display in the clubhouse to see what he does for Hayle.

I'm sure he'll still be around long after the present management are long gone.

nice to be appriciated.thanks son.although i have been offered a position at 2 other clubs hayle will always be the only club that could have my support.strange to think that i am not classed as an important stalwart after been associated with the club in one way or another for 27yrs. ah well such is life.

If I was you bob I would take one of those offers. If Matt Harris brings money to Hayle then good luck to Hayle, I hope they can get out of the mud they seem to be stuck in. As for giving Matt Harris your full support after he told you to go somewhere else then I would think about that. Leopards and spots and all that. I'm sure that Hayle will be ok money or not it's a good little club if it is used for the right purpose. "somewhere for local lads to enjoy a game of football"

keep up, he was never manager in the first place.i dont know who you are, its over finished.so stop coming back with your stupid comments and leave it be.

great to see bob at club today also thought our swpl west side gave agood account of them selves agianst plymstock ,despite losing 3-0 thought the players who stepped up from our reserves did really well.this was due to 3swpl under 18 being selected for the cornwall sqaud .which is agreat achievment for them and we are very proud as aclub of them.so well done zac,tom and billy.also good atmosphere at club after avery difficult week . so to anyone that thinks hayle are on the way out please dont write us off just yet ,there still are some very passionate people on the committee and also fans who follow the club in good and bad times

i think for the benefit of the club it is time wrap this up its gone on to long.i would like to place on record that i have nothing personal against mat harris it was just the way he expressed himself which i found to be in my opinion over the top.his heart was in the right place.there is no dought he put a lot of time and effort while he was with hayle fc i was hoping this could have been resolved differently.so i would like to take this opportunity to wish him all the best in what ever he does in the future.now please can we all move forward and finish this once and for all

Well more news on the updates from Hayle FC, even holds the back page of the Cornishman, Matt Harris has left!!! Would this be by mutual consent or kicked out ? Good luck who ever takes him on..... you will need it :). Nice to see a chairman speak to the press to keep us nuetral's informed. Things can't be that bad to produce three u18's youth players this year so well done Hayle. Always going to be a tough when losing a mature squad to local rivals Penzance. Hope Bob Butler stays within the club as stalwarts like these are hard to find.

Happy Days :)

A lot seems to have happened in the week I've been away.

Good to see the Hayle chairman setting a few things straight in the cornishman.

My original post was only meant to ask about a club that is being featured on this forum, and not to cause upset for them, for which I apologize if that's what's happened.

Look forward to seeing Bob back in the dugout, assuming he's been asked back, and to seeing Hayle get back on track.

Might even come and see if Hayle can beat Ludgvan tomorrow.

A lot seems to have happened in the week I've been away.

Good to see the Hayle chairman setting a few things straight in the cornishman.

My original post was only meant to ask about a club that is being featured on this forum, and not to cause upset for them, for which I apologize if that's what's happened.

Look forward to seeing Bob back in the dugout, assuming he's been asked back, and to seeing Hayle get back on track.

Might even come and see if Hayle can beat Ludgvan tomorrow.

Not sure if dad's been asked back, but I do know he's away this w/end so you might have to wait a bit longer.

Just looked and the 1st's aren't playing anyway.

Kinds words from the soccer follower, aka Nigel, top bloke and ref, as for sky blue ref, your'e making things worst for yourself trust me :

Waltzing matilda, waltzing matilda

You'll come a waltzing matilda with me

And he sang as he sat and waited by the billabong

You'll come a waltzing matilda with me.

:yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo: