Cornwall Football Forum

Ban for Referee ???

Referee - Stephen Tootle - Officiating ban

Please note that following a CCFA Referees Sub Committee meeting held on Thursday 13th January 2011, Referee *STEPHEN TOOTLE *(Newquay) has been suspended from officiating in any way (including assisting on the line) for the calender month of February 2011.

What would this ref have to have done to recieve a ban ???

Please note that following a CCFA Referees Sub Committee meeting held on Thursday 13th January 2011, Referee *STEPHEN TOOTLE *(Newquay) has been suspended from officiating in any way (including assisting on the line) for the calender month of February 2011.

Applied commonsense when refereeing............. ;)

unlikely!

What would this ref have to have done to receive a ban ???

unlikely!

BOOKED "The Judge" ?

That could be his Nemesis.

You obviously dont know tootle mate!

Kenny where did you see this?

just seen this published on the duchy league website.

im sure some of the people on this forum would probably say that its been long time coming for the bloke. not bad person off the pitch but on the pitch how things change.

If the meeting was held on Jan 13th, and the supposed crime that you lot seem to think he may have committed was so bad, why was the ban not immediate ? Why wait until 1st Feb until the ban came into force ? I hope he refs a game of yours this weekend.

I admit I do not know the reason for the ban, but I'm guessing neither does anyone else who has posted so far ! Far too many folk on this forum knock others without knowing the facts, perhaps they may wish to speak with Steve face to face or even his good lady, she would certainly put you right.

If the meeting was held on Jan 13th, and the supposed crime that you lot seem to think he may have committed was so bad, why was the ban not immediate ? Why wait until 1st Feb until the ban came into force ? I hope he refs a game of yours this weekend.

I admit I do not know the reason for the ban, but I'm guessing neither does anyone else who has posted so far ! Far too many folk on this forum knock others without knowing the facts, perhaps they may wish to speak with Steve face to face or even his good lady, she would certainly put you right.

Known Mr Tootle a lot longer than you mush and my comments are based on my own personal dealings with him over many seasons. Maybe you should heed your own advice and get up to speed withs some facts yourself before you comment, as you admit yourself you dont know anything about the topic your commenting on.

If you read the post i'm just wandering what a ref would have to do too actually get a ban ???

I've known the ref in question for many a year (15 years ) when he used to coach boys teams.

So if anyone reading this would care to unlighten me it woulbe great.

I would ask Steve myself if i seen him but dont get to see him so much now

All the best

KK7

Known Mr Tootle a lot longer than you mush and my comments are based on my own personal dealings with him over many seasons. Maybe you should heed your own advice and get up to speed withs some facts yourself before you comment, as you admit yourself you dont know anything about the topic your commenting on.

So do you know anything about the topic your commenting on??? :rolleyes:

Yes and i've been asked not to say anything until the relevant people make a statement. Sweet jumping to the judges defence so quick though!

Yes and i've been asked not to say anything until the relevant people make a statement. Sweet jumping to the judges defence so quick though!

Wasn't jumping to the defence of anyone just asking a question :D Thank you for your reply :smiley20:

Having been in contact with Steves better half, all I can say is that Mad Dog must have some sort of grudge against a decent bloke. Steve spends time and money (some of which is recouped in fees) travelling around the County to officiate 2,3 and sometimes 4 games a week - football needs people like Steve, I doubt Mad Dog would be missed as much.

If the papers are correct and they probably are, then an admin error appears to be the problem. Nice to see the CCFA starting to care about such issues, mind you, it didn't involve their favourite club and was therefore dealt with correctly.