Cornwall Football Forum

madron 0 illogan 55

I was at the game, just out of interest, as I was wondering just why Madron were shipping so many goals. Sure, they only had 7 players, but with respect to all of them, at least 2 were not what you could realistically call footballers. They switched goalkeepers after about 30 minutes, and the chap who went in goal for the last hour made no attempt to save anything at all. He turned his back every time the ball came near him, and the only saves he made were when the ball hit him. Again, no disrespect to him, but I think he'll admit that his heart wasn't exactly in it. The other boys ran up and down all day and worked their backsides off.

With a full 11 and a half-decent keeper, they'd have kept the score a bit more respectable. Illogan would still have given them a hiding, but nowhere near 55. At full strength I'd guess they'd be capable of giving a couple of sides a fair fight at least.

I haven't seen the second team, but I was told that when Madron firsts lost to Halsetown 9-0, that was actually the seconds playing. After that it was considered pointless to have them lose every week in Division 1 when they could compete properly in Division 3. This is at the expense of the firsts, who are constantly short of players. I do wonder why the seconds are taking subs though, when the firsts can barely raise 7 players. I'd also urge anyone who is looking to get a few matches under his belt and doesn't have a club or regular football - get down there and sign up. Obviously there won't be a complete turnaround anytime soon, but big improvements could be easily made with a few more bodies who are willing. Madron seems to be an unhappy club, but that doesn't need to translate into cricket scores on the pitch.

I agree that the league probably won't do anything until games are forfeited. Leagues can't punish a club just for making the league table look silly. Whether or not there's room to investigate them over the fact that their firsts are clearly worse than their seconds, I don't know.

Incidentally, all the Illogan outfield players scored, but their keeper didn't.

I may be a lone dissenting voice here but to my mind Illogan haven't exactly covered themselves in glory

I've been on both ends of an assing - Nothing like that though. But surely at about 20 nil up isn't that the time to say amongst yourselves " 3 points and a huge goal difference in the bag,let's not absolutely humiliate a collection of individuals " ( as you can't possibly describe them as a team ) who at least had the gojones to come onto the field.

If I was the Illogan Manager I'd have taken four players off at 15 nil and at least had something of a competitive afternoon !

What happened isn't sport !

But I suppose the record books will show in several years that a team in what the rest of the country will ( rightly ? ) assume is a Micky Mouse league won a game by fifty five goals ,and that their centre forward scored twenty odd goals in one game.

Big Deal

I think it's great that clubs and supporters of the mining league are asking players that are not getting regular football to go and sign for Madron to help them out, BUT WHY HAVEN'T MADRON PUT ANYTHING ON HERE ASKING FOR PLAYERS THEMSELVES. ARE THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE CLUB HAPPY WITH THE SITUATION THEIR IN????????????? :huh: :SM_carton:

I may be a lone dissenting voice here but to my mind Illogan haven't exactly covered themselves in glory

I've been on both ends of an assing - Nothing like that though. But surely at about 20 nil up isn't that the time to say amongst yourselves " 3 points and a huge goal difference in the bag,let's not absolutely humiliate a collection of individuals " ( as you can't possibly describe them as a team ) who at least had the gojones to come onto the field.

If I was the Illogan Manager I'd have taken four players off at 15 nil and at least had something of a competitive afternoon !

But I suppose the record books will show in several years that a team in what the rest of the country will ( rightly ? ) assume is a Micky Mouse league won a game by fifty five goals ,and that their centre forward scored twenty odd goals in one game.

Big Deal

A casual request was made (I heard it) to even the numbers out a bit by either taking off a couple of Illogan players or perhaps allowing a couple of their subs to play for Madron, but it didn't happen. The Madron guys were very philosophical about it, to be fair to them.

I think it's great that clubs and supporters of the mining league are asking players that are not getting regular football to go and sign for Madron to help them out, BUT WHY HAVEN'T MADRON PUT ANYTHING ON HERE ASKING FOR PLAYERS THEMSELVES. ARE THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE CLUB HAPPY WITH THE SITUATION THEIR IN????????????? :huh::SM_carton:

Alan Davenport will be Alan Davenport!! your not going to change him now!!! lol

Big Deal

Apart from the scoreline we didnt humiliate them, we didn't laugh in their faces and take the mick, we didnt have our keeper coming out and trying to score, we simply scored the goals and ran back to half way line.

If Madron are going to turn up at our ground with 7 players while the 2nd team have 11 and 2 subs its their problem and they got what they deserved, why should we feel sorry for them? The only ones I feel sorry for are the likes of West Cornwall, Titans and Praze etc in Mining 2 who have to watch these ridiculous score lines knowing they could do much better.

Madron are not a football club, they are 2 teams that happen to have the same name! The 'men' in charge down there should be ashamed of themselves making 7 guys go away to illogan whilst the 2nd team have a squad! Total embarrassment to themselves and the league! Agree with gee, if that's their attitude they got what they deserved! They should be fined or something!

LOL Crystal..doubt if Alan even looks on here?, & well done to Illogan for playing the game in the right way.The aim of the game is to score goals.

How often have we heard it said "you can only play what's in front of you?". Sounds like a very disciplined show by the Illogan team,

Madron may be getting beaten pretty hard at the moment, but they are still in there fighting,

Big Deal

Apart from the scoreline we didnt humiliate them, we didn't laugh in their faces and take the mick, we didnt have our keeper coming out and trying to score, we simply scored the goals and ran back to half way line.

If Madron are going to turn up at our ground with 7 players while the 2nd team have 11 and 2 subs its their problem and they got what they deserved, why should we feel sorry for them? The only ones I feel sorry for are the likes of West Cornwall, Titans and Praze etc in Mining 2 who have to watch these ridiculous score lines knowing they could do much better.

No one was running back to the halfway as quick as you when you were stuck on 2 Gee hahahahaha.

Fairplay to the lads that did turn up though & they deserved their jug of beer & sarnies after the game. Not one of them moaned & deserve better treatment from their club....I hope some one sorts it out soon..

i notice that their best results were in the cup. 4-4 draw with new boys on 2nd oct and then on 9th oct against new boys which they lost 2-0.(replay i presume?)

not bad results considering the other scorelines.

but i also notice that the res' didn't play on these dates.

i notice that their best results were in the cup. 4-4 draw with new boys on 2nd oct and then on 9th oct against new boys which they lost 2-0.(replay i presume?)

not bad results considering the other scorelines.

but i also notice that the res' didn't play on these dates.

I played for new boys against them and it was there "2nd team" the side that plays in mining 3 that turned out in those games tho a few weeks later we put 9 or 10 past them in the league too!

Madron Secretary was on Radio Cornwall today giving his analysis and appealling for new players. He gives out his phone number if anyone is interested.

To listen follow the link and go 1 hour and 5 minutes into the programme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00c66kt/Laurence_Reed_23_11_2010

Jump about an 1/2 hour on after that as well and you can hear from the Illogan Manager Michael Pascoe (he was on Radio so used his posh name rather than Mikey P). Hilarious can't believe how much talking this game has caused it will be on football focus next week at this rate.

Just had a txt from former Holmans goalkeeper jimmy Hosking who now lives in London saying that the game has made it into the capitals newspaper "the metro" listing all the goalscorers!!!! I reckon illogans secretary Derek Rowe might be recieving 7 days notice of approach off wenger, ancelloti & redknapp in the near future - could this derail illogans junior cup dream lol :)

Whilst the situation has not risen in a football match I've been involved with, I have often played cricket against teams who are short on players. We would normally lend them a player or two to even the sides out and make sure the game isn't too one sided.

Was it not possible to either lend a couple of players or, once a few goals up (and have the win guaranteed) to pull a few players off and play 7 v 7?

Surely that way both teams would get a competitive game of football instead of the shambles it obviously was?

look at it from illogans point of view.did any of the other teams who got to 20 goals stop or take players off or lend madron players?????this is not illogans fault.

if madron chose to play politics within their club they deserve what they get :SM_carton: the first team in any club should always take priority that is why we run clubs to provide players with the best possible standard we can.

look at it from illogans point of view.did any of the other teams who got to 20 goals stop or take players off or lend madron players?????this is not illogans fault.

if madron chose to play politics within their club they deserve what they get :SM_carton: the first team in any club should always take priority that is why we run clubs to provide players with the best possible standard we can.

Yeah we took players off to match there number in order to make it more competitive when we got over 10 , who would want to thrash a team by any more ?

when we played madron they had 9 players so we agreed to play 35mins each way there 10th player arrived about 10mins into the game and at half time we gave them a player so it would be 11 vs 11 on the field.there players gave it there all but we ran out easy winners its a shame when a 1st team is not run probably when there seconds are winning and have a full squad :wacko:

surely by "lending" madron your players this makes your players unregistered and madron are breaking the rules. :wacko: are your players not liable to a fine for playing for a team without signing for them.

you may say i am being picky but,these are the rules that all clubs should abide by.would you still agree if madron had used these players and beat you :huh: .i know i am being hypothetical but!!!!!!

the more sypathy you give madron the more they will make a mockery of our league,a league that has been going for over 100years and does not deserve to be made a laughing stock all over the world in its final season.man up madron and play fair. :c:

Was listening to the Chris Evans Shown on BBC radio 2 this morning via the Internet on the otherside of the world. The presenters all had a laugh at the result saying it was a football not a rugby match. Very embarrassing for the club. How can the committee allow this to happen. With the merger taking place this season surely the club would want to finish as high as they can.

pablo you miss my point.everyone outside of the county feels sorry for madron when all they are doing is taking the p*** out of junior football in west cornwall.this club are going against the very ethics of football.how can anybody enjoy a game of football when you play madron.scoring 20 goals is not enjoyment let alone 55.most people look forward to a game on a saturday but how can you against madron.i know that players have left from last season but those that did play for the first team last season and win a competetive league are now playing for the seconds how come????? don't tell me they are clubmen because if they were they would not see the club struggle!!! <_<

pablo you miss my point.everyone outside of the county feels sorry for madron when all they are doing is taking the p*** out of junior football in west cornwall.this club are going against the very ethics of football.how can anybody enjoy a game of football when you play madron.scoring 20 goals is not enjoyment let alone 55.most people look forward to a game on a saturday but how can you against madron.i know that players have left from last season but those that did play for the first team last season and win a competetive league are now playing for the seconds how come????? don't tell me they are clubmen because if they were they would not see the club struggle!!! <_<

[/quote

I personally think the league and Fa should offer more support to clubs like madron who are struggling, for example coaching and day to day running of a club because from experience it isnt easy getting eleven players out on a saturday each week, also players lack respect for the club when they havnt got some sort of role model to listen to......basic and a simple solution.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3251800/Net-again-for-Britains-worst-football-team-Madron-FC.html

At least they are getting their 15 minutes of fame!

A bit harsh!! I wouldn't exactly call them the worst football team!! I think they deserve credit for forfilling fixtures (more then I can say for some other clubs!!!!) as I said before I think it's just a blip and they'll be back stronger, lets not forget they have been going for many years, sooner or later this will all die down and they can go back to playing football!!!

[/quote

I personally think the league and Fa should offer more support to clubs like madron who are struggling, for example coaching and day to day running of a club because from experience it isnt easy getting eleven players out on a saturday each week, also players lack respect for the club when they havnt got some sort of role model to listen to......basic and a simple solution.

Here pal it is easy for the 2nd team to get eleven players out, this week they had thirteen, so that's complete tripe for starters

They are currently making the people that run the league look like goons

Easy way out of it is suspend the 2nd team from fixtures or chuck them out of the league completely, then if they really want to play they can play for the first team,

What they are doing is playing the system so next year they will be in a half decent league when the leagues combine and the reserves can be the big fish in the small pond and win trophies!!!!!

[/quote

Here pal it is easy for the 2nd team to get eleven players out, this week they had thirteen, so that's complete tripe for starters

They are currently making the people that run the league look like goons

Easy way out of it is suspend the 2nd team from fixtures or chuck them out of the league completely, then if they really want to play they can play for the first team,

What they are doing is playing the system so next year they will be in a half decent league when the leagues combine and the reserves can be the big fish in the small pond and win trophies!!!!!

I think you have hit the nail on the head there!!

The problem with Madron is simply down to the commitee and the way the club is being run. It is nothing to do with the so called first team not being good enough at that level but the glory hunters that are after another medal in mining 3.I have a lot of respect for the guys turning out on a saturday knowing full well that they will get stuffed in division 1 but is that any way to treat youngsters who will more than likely turn their back on the game in the future. The club must look at itself and say that next year it is not big enough to play two teams and only enter one in the new Fal-Hel / Mining leage in the bottom league as that is where they seeem to want to play

The only thing Madron are guilty of is falling for a certain fella's BS,same as Ludgvan the season before, and Hayle the season before that i think?

so, come the start of this season Madron are left short of numbers, and it would seem that they (or whoever is calling the shots)has decided that by getting the reserves away from the bottom of div 3 they do not need to seek votes to stay in the new league?

Now whilst they don't seem to be winning many friends with their course of action,they seem hell bent on maintaining two teams, and remember, a few others have folded this season already, do we really need another club to go?. because once your out of the new league there is nowhere else to apply for, unless it's the Dutchy league.