Cornwall Football Forum

madron 0 illogan 55

In international football, the record for the number of goals scored by a single player in one match is held by Australian Archie Thompson, who scored 13 goals for the Socceroos in their 31-0 victory over American Samoa. In England, Luton Town's Joe Payne, who started life on the wing and was playing up front for the first time for the Hatters, holds the record for the most goals scored in a league game by an individual player. Payne scored 10 goals in the Hatters' 12-0 victory over Bristol Rovers on Easter Monday in 1936.

These feats are nothing compared to the biggest margin of victory in club football, though. Madagascan side, Stade Olympique de L'Emyrne, put the ball in their own net 149 times in a league match against champions, Adema, in protest at a refereeing decision earlier in the match. "There have been a couple of quirky games where teams have deliberately let in as many as possible," admits the Football Association's historian, David Barber. "I can also vaguely remember reading about a Sunday league game in Nottinghamshire in which a team deliberately let the opposition score in protest, and they lost 50-2."

Madron 2nds 6 ( with 2 subs ) v Redruth 2nds 2

To be fair they were by far the better team !!! But how csn u let your mates play with 7 and you have 2 subs ???? Also at the changing rooms when we found out that there so called 1st team had lost 55 nil some of there players were laughing !!!!

I do hope that madron gutless 2nds win nothing this year !!! The players that played against us 2day especially the forwards are good enough for mining 1 !!

Record blowouts

The most lopsided "blowouts" in sporting history include the following:

American football (college). In the 1916 Cumberland vs. Georgia Tech football game, Georgia Tech defeated Tennessee's Cumberland College by a score of 222-0. Georgia Tech rushed for 1,650 yards and did not allow a first down by Cumberland. In a record-setting season of blowouts, the 1901 Michigan Wolverines football team defeated its opponents over the course of the entire season by a combined score of 550-0.

NFL football. In 1940, the Chicago Bears beat the Washington Redskins, 73-0 in the league's championship game. Chicago coach George Halas reportedly showed his players newspaper clippings in which the Redskins' owner called the Bears "crybabies and quitters" after the Redskins beat the Bears, 7-3, in the regular season. The most lopsided Super Bowl ever was Super Bowl XXIV in 1990, in which the San Francisco 49ers defeated the Denver Broncos 55-10.

Major League Baseball. In 1897, the Chicago Colts of the National League defeated Louisville, 36-7. The modern record for margin of victory was set in 2007, when the Texas Rangers defeated the Baltimore Orioles, 30-3.

NBA basketball. In 1991, the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Miami Heat, 148-80.

NHL hockey. On January 23, 1944, the Detroit Red Wings beat the New York Rangers 15-0

Girls high-school basketball. In 2009, a Dallas Christian high school called The Covenant School beat the team from Dallas Academy, 100-0. The victory was widely condemned due to the circumstances: Dallas Academy, a school for students with learning disabilities, fielded a team of eight out of an entire student body population of 20 girls, yet the Covenant continued a full-court press and three-point shots well after taking a halftime lead of 59-0. The Covenant's administration called for a forfeit of its own win, calling it "shameful and an embarrassment," and fired its coach after he declined to apologize for the blowout.

In 1990 Morningside H.S. in Inglewood, CA outscored South Torrance H.S. by 78 in the first half. Lisa Leslie scored a record 101 points. Protesting “our girls have feelings too,” the South Torrance coach yanked his team at halftime and went home. Final score, Morningside H.S. 102, South Torrance H.S. 24.

In 2003 Hart, Michigan's Lakeshore Public Academy was defeated by Walkerville High School with a final score of 115-2.

Golf (PGA tour). Three players have won PGA Tour matches by 16 strokes: J.D. Edgar at the 1919 Canadian Open; Joe Kirkwood, Sr., at the 1924 Corpus Christi Open; and Bobby Locke at the 1948 Chicago Victory National Championship. Tiger Woods has the largest margin of victory since 1950 with a 15-stroke win at the 2000 U.S. Open.

British Soccer. In 1885, Arbroath defeated Bon Accord of Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup match by a score of 36–0. The losing Bon Accord team was actually a cricket squad that had been invited to play in the Scottish Cup by mistake.

International soccer. In 2002, the coach of Madagascar's Stade Olympique de l'Emyrne team staged a protest by directing his players to score at will—against themselves. The final score was 149-0, with players on the winning team (Adema) not scoring any of the goals.

Rugby. The Australian Wallabies defeated Namibia at the 2003 World Cup of rugby by a score of 142-0.

NCAA men's basketball tournament. In 1963, Loyola set the NCAA tournament record for largest margin of victory (69 points) with a 111-42 victory over Tennessee Tech in the first round.

International hockey. At the 1998 Asia-Oceania Junior Championships, South Korea defeated Thailand 92-0. South Korea forward Donghwan Song scored 31 goals.

Women's hockey. In 2007, Slovakia beat Bulgaria 82-0 in a 2010 Winter Olympics qualifying tournament.

Horseracing. Secretariat won the 1973 Belmont Stakes by 31 lengths to win the Triple Crown.

Cricket (Twenty20 format). In 2007, Sri Lanka defeated Kenya by 172 runs (201-27) in a match in Johannesburg.

Personally I think this is getting beyond a joke, I am not knocking the players that turn up every week but the league must stipulate that if a club has two teams the first is fulfilled and the other teams make the sacrifices. If then internally the players don't want to play for the manager or any other reason they must deal with it.

My personal opinion is that even if the 1st team finish bottom they will still be in Div 3 next year (how can that be right, there are many teams in current lower leagues who would deserve that spot more), the 2nds would at best be in Div5/6, maybe they are playing for time knowing that no matter what they can play div 3 next year, where if they pulled out they could not.

credit must go to madron's mining 1 players any other team in the league would not play illogan with 7men but they will play there fixtures because they have aside in mining 3 who like to win most weeks.i dont rely care about madron fc but surely the club have got to help the mining 1 side out or switch the players around yeh they might struggle but to be honest there are teams in mining 2 and 3 that could beat teams in mining 1.

when there are results that clearly gonna end up like this i feel the team on the recieving end should be able to forfeit the game, i can probably imagine there are 7 madron 1st players probably never wanting to kick a ball again after suffering what they must feel as a humiliation. i feel so sorry for them and hope the team continues and doesnt drop out, would be interesting to know who and how many scored, poor ref surely couldnt keep up writing,

taken from the guardian website from journalist Scott murray

Stade Olympique De L'Emyrne Antananarivo 0-149 AS Adema (Malagasy league, 2002)

Stade Olympique de L'Emyrne were going places. Having won their first Madagascan league title in 2001, the team from Antananarivo shocked the entire continent by advancing to the second round of the African Champions League. First they beat Olympique de Moka of Mauritius in an "island derby" preliminary tie (twice postponed by political unrest in Madagascar). They then knocked out highly regarded Petro Atlético of Angola in the first round proper on penalties, after being forced to play a one-leg away tie due to the continuing civil unrest at home.

While they failed to reach the group stages of the competition, going down bravely 3-2 on aggregate to Costa do Sol of Mozambique, they were still in the hunt to retain their Madagascan title. The Malagasy league reached its denouement with a four-team, 11-day round-robin play-off between SOL, AS Adema, US Ambohidratrimo and Domoina Soavina Atsimondrano.

SOL needed to win their penultimate match against DSA to have any chance of pipping Adema, who they faced in the final round of matches. But SOL were held to a 2-2 draw, the referee awarding DSA a controversial late penalty which was converted, denying SOL a chance of the title. So when SOL faced Adema, and an early decision went against them, their manager Ratsimandresy Ratsarazaka ordered his team to score some own goals in protest – which they did, 149 of them. Adema did not touch the ball for the rest of the game.

Ratsarazaka was suspended from football for three years, and banned from even attending matches during that time, while four of his players were suspended until the end of the season. Arbroath's famous 36-0 record was no longer intact – but at least Bon Accord were trying.

Madron 2nds 6 ( with 2 subs ) v Redruth 2nds 2

Also at the changing rooms when we found out that there so called 1st team had lost 55 nil some of there players were laughing !!!!

i have a qustion.

why cant the first team players just walk out forcing the club to withdraw the side from the league, in turn forcing the league the move madron res into mining one? dont think they'll be laughing when they got to turn around a -230 gd.

Its a joke 2nd team have 13 and 1st team lose by a mear 55. Lets wait and see what teeth the mining league committee have. This is without doubt an embarassment that should have been stopped weeks ago. Stop all this rubbish about a least they turn up and good on them for playing.

It should be simple you have an obligation to every club in the league to play your best side in the best division you can. Outside of that its plain cheating..............

Now the mining league need to take some action. This is the last season before the merger and credability is being lost evey week that this continues.

No disrespect is meant to the league or any side but its barking to allow this to continue.

I would think that the madron committee should seriously sit down and talk about what future direction they need to take I would suggest due to the lack of players available for 2 squads that they need to remove their 2nd team from the league! I think it's admirable that they have had willing players who have turned up week after week but it is clearly embarrassing not only for themselves but the mining league as well. Unbelievably madron are not even bottom of the division due to storm being deducted points!!!!!!

Everything about this is absolutely ridiculous!

Firstly losing 55-0! Alright, maybe they didn’t have 11 men on the pitch, but it still means a goal was scored every 98 seconds on average!

Secondly, the ‘2nd team’ (and I use that term loosely) winning 2 divisions lower with a squad of 13 players. I’ve played football and cricket for a few years now, and NEVER have I played in the 1st team who have been short of players whilst the other teams below them have a full side on the pitch. I’ve always known it to be that if the 1st team are short, then players get dragged up where necessary to fulfil the fixture, leaving the lower teams to find replacements or postpone their fixture. I’m sure this is how it should work? 1st teams are the priority for any sports club at any level!

Thirdly, going with what my old team mate ‘Mooner’ said, how can the 2nd team players at Madron have the audacity to sit in the changing room after winning their game and be laughing at their fellow club mates misfortune. This clearly shows to me that Madron FC isn’t a football club, but two entirely separate football teams. I would be deeply ashamed if I was in that 2nd team yesterday.

I think either the league has GOT to do something about this, or an official at Madron FC needs to grow a pair and sort the club out. It’s embarrassing, and shouldn’t be happening.

Are there any players out there who spend their time sitting on their team's sub's bench week in week out? Why not ask for a transfer to Madron?

At least you would get a game and with a full squad their games would be much closer.

Why waste 90mins sitting on a bench when you could be playing football. You might be on a losing side each week but any game is better than watching others play.

Help Madron out.

did the referee stop his watch every time they scored? surely there wasnt enough time for 55..

i didnt think it was possible! but it is, should of been more couple dodgy decisions haha! it felt so strange wasnt even a game, not blaming the players who turned up big credit to them but something has to be done surely its a waste of a saturday for everyone involved. was gutted when storm dint turn up last week but i could not play yesterday was even more frustrating would rather have a tough game and draw or lose than play in that not what i give up my saturday for really!

Its a joke 2nd team have 13 and 1st team lose by a mear 55. Lets wait and see what teeth the mining league committee have. This is without doubt an embarassment that should have been stopped weeks ago. Stop all this rubbish about a least they turn up and good on them for playing. It should be simple you have an obligation to every club in the league to play your best side in the best division you can. Outside of that its plain cheating..............Now the mining league need to take some action. This is the last season before the merger and credability is being lost evey week that this continues.No disrespect is meant to the league or any side but its barking to allow this to continue.

Agree 100%.

I said it was a bad joke last week. No, it's worse than that. An embarrassment for the mining league.

Looking at this another way what have all the players that played for madron last season and in particular Jamie Moon got to say for them self, why win mining 2 then off and let madron rot these are the people to blame for the crazy score lines we've seen this season not the lads put out on a saturday afternoon who are way above the league they should be playing in.

Looking at this another way what have all the players that played for madron last season and in particular Jamie Moon got to say for them self, why win mining 2 then off and let madron rot these are the people to blame for the crazy score lines we've seen this season not the lads put out on a saturday afternoon who are way above the league they should be playing in.

Just want to make it clear all the players that left last season left because of the way we were treated and spoken to by the chairman and commitee at madron, maybe if we were treated with some respect and thanked for what we achieved last season madron wouldnt be in this mess. Getting sworn at week in week out by the chairman and pretty much hated by all in the 2nd team and them wanting us to fail isnt really that much fun. Madron only have themselves to blame.

Illogan 55-0 Madron 24-0 H/T

Goal Scorers;

Luke Abbott- smith 10

Gareth Pitt 8

Luke Helan 7

Ryan Treloar 6

Jason Buckley 6

Mikey Pascoe 6

Nick Ward 3

Lee Harris 3

Stu Peters 3

Adam Callaway 2

Dave Thomas 1

Wasn't there as i had a bigger game to play in but all credit for Madron for turning up playing with 7 players travelling 20 miles to get a hammering where as Storm last week had 8 players lask wk at one point til couple decided to leave so game couldn't get played so all credit for Madron turning up. :thumbsup::clapper: :smiley20:

Illogan 55-0 Madron 24-0 H/T

Goal Scorers;

Luke Abbott- smith 10

Gareth Pitt 8

Luke Helan 7

Ryan Treloar 6

Jason Buckley 6

Mikey Pascoe 6

Nick Ward 3

Lee Harris 3

Stu Peters 3

Adam Callaway 2

Dave Thomas 1

Wasn't there as i had a bigger game to play in but all credit for Madron for turning up playing with 7 players travelling 20 miles to get a hammering where as Storm last week had 8 players lask wk at one point til couple decided to leave so game couldn't get played so all credit for Madron turning up. :thumbsup::clapper::smiley20:

I make that 11 scorers was one the keeper or a sub? cause if it was the keeper that must be the first time an entire starting 11 has scored in one game!!!!

There seems to be something missing here, Madron (1st team as they are known) lost 55-0 this week as we all know and there results for this season so far are

Illogan Res 55 - 0 Madron

Madron 0 - 27 Trevenson United

Sennen 10 - 0 Madron

Madron 1 - 27 Gwinear Churchtown

Storm P - P Madron (There best result this season)

Madron 0 - 17 Robartes Arms

Halsetown 9 - 0 Madron

Goonhavern Athletic 29 - 0 Madron

Madron 0 - 16 St Buryan

Madron 1 - 4 Sennen

Madron 0 - 11 Illogan Res

Now i stand by my comments last week about giving credit to the players for turning up and fullfilling the fixtures but something tells me that all is not right here, Why after the first 5 games of the season having conceded 69 goals and scored only 1 would the players carry on?.

While i understand that they are doing well to fullfill the fixtures i cannot for the life of me see why any player in any league would want to carry on unless there was a hidden agenda.

Having watched the (2nd team as they are known) play, there is absoloutly no way on this planet that they could not compete in Mining 1 in fact they would give a lot of teams in Mining 1 a few headaches i can assure you of that.

I commend the players of Madrons (1st team as they are known) but enough is enough and i think they should pull out now while they still have a bit of dignity about them, The people who run the club should be ashamed of what they are doing and the bad name that they are giving to not just the club but the Mining league to. (When i say the Mining league i do not mean the standard or any of the other teams that play in it i mean the people who run it.

Next week the (1st team as they are known) are away for a local derby at St Buryan and having lost 0-16 to them already this season it will be intersting so see just how they get on (Should they turn up).

Also next week the (2nd team as they are known) are at home to ludgvan, Now bearing in mind the distance between Madron and St Buryan it will be intersting to see just how many players play for the (1st team as they are known) and the (2nd team as they are known).

I cannot for the life of me believe that a club would let the (1st team as they are known) go all the way to Illogan with 7 players bearing in mind that the (2nd team as they are known) had a full team plus 2 subs and i do not believe for one minute that the subs turned up late or that there were last minute injuries, There is an agenda and the Mining league need to knock it on the head before it gets out of control.

For any team trying to compete with Illogan in Mining 1 this season if you get anywhere near them i just hope the title does not go to goal difference because you would have no chance in hell of winning it bearing in mind that Illogan now have a goal difference of 115 and there nearest contenders have a goal difference of 64.

One last point to make is that no matter what anyone says take a look at the Mining 1 table and you will see that despite a record of (P10-W0-D0-L10-GD -203 and 0 points) they are still not bottom of the league.

Just a shame that in the last season of the Mining league before the merge to the FHFL it seems to have become somewhat of a farce.

Maybe Madron need to put two teams out to cover running costs? I know that Gulval couldn't survive as one team without the match subs being at least £7 a head per game.Don't forget, these lads are paying to get their arses kicked week in week out.

Ludgvan went into free-fall, now Madron. So that must have been two committees in two seasons shouting at a succesful side??

Pretty sure the mining rules state that a strongest eleven to be played in the first team, but since that is a matter of opinion (the managers), they must be doing the best as they see fit.?

did i hear somewhere that madrons current first team were playing under 16 football last season?

if thats correct then these players have got quite a few years of football ahead of them,if it were me i'd quit now. i know its not their fault but who'd want to sign them with the record they have, if they continue the whole season you are looking at conceding near on 600 goals.

Just want to make it clear all the players that left last season left because of the way we were treated and spoken to by the chairman and commitee at madron, maybe if we were treated with some respect and thanked for what we achieved last season madron wouldnt be in this mess. Getting sworn at week in week out by the chairman and pretty much hated by all in the 2nd team and them wanting us to fail isnt really that much fun. Madron only have themselves to blame.

And what about the season before with ludgvan?? If what you said is true then fair enough, from when ever i ve played down madron the people always seem friendly and behind the club 100%, i would say tho if that was the case then did it only start after the transfer window had passed, i think you could have gone before the end of the season, madron wouldnt have gone up and what is going on- wouldnt be, it does seem as if your quite pleased with what you've achieved- well done fella!!

It seems that everyone has forgotten that Madron originally pulled a team out of the league, but when they realised that they would loose the div 3 side and not the div 1 side as they wanted,They realised that their little pond super stars would have to play in mining 1 and would have a much harder time. :rolleyes: maybe the league commity should put a stop to this farce as after all the years of running sucsessful leagues , it seems the last year will be all that people will remember as a mickey mouse league . :(

Maybe Madron need to put two teams out to cover running costs? I know that Gulval couldn't survive as one team without the match subs being at least £7 a head per game.Don't forget, these lads are paying to get their arses kicked week in week out.

Ludgvan went into free-fall, now Madron. So that must have been two committees in two seasons shouting at a succesful side??

Pretty sure the mining rules state that a strongest eleven to be played in the first team, but since that is a matter of opinion (the managers), they must be doing the best as they see fit.?

Rhondda, like myself thinks like any club secretary, at the end of the day what he says is correct, when you have a club with two sides (particuarly when they both play junior football) you have to have a reserve side because you could not afford to run just your first team charging the subs that are charged now, you would as Rhondda said have to charge £6-7 a week for your first team.

Every club goes through a blip I remember Pendeen Reserves 5 years ago playing in mining 3 and struggling for players, without a lie we fielded pretty much a veterans side all year, the youngest player on the field was 25 the next youngest was 33, you see what I mean!

Madron now have to take action and open there eyes to what is going on I would say a new manger needs appointing, the Mining league will not do anything until it gets to the point where Madron are not furfilling fixtures and I honestly hope it doesn't get to the point where Madron have to pull there reserves out of the league, with the amalgamation it must be quite a worrying prospect for Madron because if they had to pull them out now theres no guarentee they will get back in.

I suggest we help Madron out all we can as fellow clubs, if your curruntly looking for a club get your ass down to Madron (unless your good in which case come to Pendeen! sorry shamefull plug I know!) but seriously if your in the Penzance areas and your not playing give them a ring! Even if your a manager of a penwith side in the FHFL dont go away with 5 subs when you can only play 3, send a couple of to Madron for the day on loan, you can do this without breaking any rules!

On a serious note I hope Madron can pull themsleves out , knowbody likes to see any club struggling!!!