Cornwall Football Forum

Did You Play For Castaways in the 90's

Did you OR do you know of anybody who played for Castaways Sunday League side in the 90's.

I'm looking to the get the old team together for a one off game against Cokerkneeboys side.

Then A trip to the Clinton Club maybe for a Bevvy or 2. :thumbsup: :drink:

I'd be up for that Baggie. 3 seasons at Castaways 1996/7, 97/8, 98/9 and I've just checked my stats - 54 games, 49 goals. Oh how I long for those days again :lol::lol:

If there is serious interest, I'll get in touch with some of the other guys who played at the same time - just need to get the old photos out of the loft first to remind myself who they were.

NAMES SO FAR : SEAN POLLARD,ROBBIE LAWERANCE,BAGGIE,MARK POPE,COCKERNEEBOY,DARREN LEWARNE....WE'RE GETTING THERE.

NEED TO GET HOLD OF THE FOLLOWING...ROB MCFADYEN,RICHARD CRILLY,PHIL HICK,DEAN JONES,JOHN VILAGOS,MARK RICHARDS,KEVIN TRERISE,ROB HARRIS,TONY & NIGEL WILLIAMS,SPENCER KNIBB,SEAN WILKINS & ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED...........!

baggie, As far as i last heard JOHN VILAGOS married robbie lawrences sister and has now moved up country so not sure if he will make it, I could contact spencer as he works for vw so thats not a problem, Last i saw shaun wilkins he was playing for trevenson but not sure if he is still there or not. :D

I had the pleasure of playing for truro GWRSAAAAAA on sundays under the tutoridge of Anthony Reynolds and Dave Marks for a year what a side a few truro legends used to play for those, Dave Moore was a particular favourite and I was quite impressed by his sunday morning antics like picking a half eaten thrown away pasty out of a bin and taking a bite then the same pasty still there the week after and he did again LEGEND.

I played for Castaways late 80's / early 90's, not sure if this qualify's me or not, have spoken to my Brother (Dean fatlad Jones) and he is up for it as well, he is gonna let Rob Mcfad know as well.

Just let me know where and when (if required).

Scott Jones

squad so far....Postie its coming together

robbie lawerance

baggie

cockerkneeboy

darren lewarne

sean pollard

jonah

mark pope

kenny newell

phill hick

dean jones tbc