Cornwall Football Forum

tottenham euro latest

Numpty

What a magnificent effort from Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Despite the provocation from those little runts,Flamini and Gattuso.

Spurs,just done what they are good at,playing football.

Its not over yet,A.C.Milan are past masters at these situations,but we a in a great position.

Take the p--- as much as you like.

Im so PROUD to be a Tottenham fan.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Yes, an excellent performance and result for Spurs. No doubt Gattuso will be severely punished for his antics. Unfortunately, I don't think Flamini can be punished further as the ref gave him a yellow, thereby showing that he saw and judged the incident. Pity, it was a dreadful challenge, a real leg-breaker.

Finish the job at WHL.

Whats the big deal about Gattuso? Yes he should get banned but was it really that bad? Im sure Joe Jordan was completely unhurt by it, its not like he really threw his head at him to do any damage. He shouldnt have done it, he should get banned but its a whole lot of hype in my humble opinion. As for his defence, being called an Italian bastard, surely 1st part is merely stating fact and the 2nd is hardly particularly offensive.

Oh dear, Spurs can't handle Blackpool on a dreary Tuesday evening. I don't think that result was part of Spurs plan to finish in the top 4 this season. Perhaps they are concentrating on the Champions League? Is that their most realistic opportunity of silverware this year?

• 4 weeks later...

What a draw for Tottenham fans.Fantastic.This journey,just get better and better.

Bernabeau here we come.

When we beat this lot,its onto the Camp Nou.

At least this half of the draw,means a quality football team will be in the Final.

Bring it on.

We are going on a European Tour.

Just thought,I would get this thread back on track,after Miss Mangle decided to wander off some where else.

What a draw for Tottenham fans.Fantastic.This journey,just get better and better.

Bernabeau here we come.

When we beat this lot,its onto the Camp Nou.

At least this half of the draw,means a quality football team will be in the Final.

Bring it on.

We are going on a European Tour.

Just thought,I would get this thread back on track,after Miss Mangle decided to wander off some where else.

Yes, sorry, I did digress there for a moment. Yep, what a draw for Spurs. If they approach the Madrid games in the same way they played in Milan, they have a good chance. Play like they did back at home, more difficult. Have fun on your European tour. We're on another one next year, are you coming?

Whatever happens my gooner friend,against Real Madrid or weather we can have a go next season.

This adventure will never be forgotten by Tottenham fans.

Its been unbelieving amazing,and we would love to do it again.

But it aint finished yet,and we have gone further than the goons at our 1st attempt.

That will do for me.

Whatever happens my gooner friend,against Real Madrid or weather we can have a go next season.

This adventure will never be forgotten by Tottenham fans.

Its been unbelieving amazing,and we would love to do it again.

But it aint finished yet,and we have gone further than the goons at our 1st attempt.

That will do for me.

Crikey, you're easily pleased. So, you got farther than Arsenal in the Champions League, you're happy with that. Ok, well we out-did you in the FA Cup, The League Cup, and the Premier League. I suppose I'll have to be happy with that.

The results for ManC and Liverpool shows you how hard European football is these days. To win a trophy now, whatever it is, gold-dust! Well done to Birmingham I say. I'm still looking at ManU - they could possibly end up trophyless this year....still in 3 competitions, against ManC in the FA Cup, tough, 2 legs against Chelsea in the CL, tough, and 9 games left in the PL where their nearest challengers, Arsenal, only have the PL fixtures left. With O'Shea out, Ferdinand out, etc etc, they have got a tough month or two left.

If Arsenal went on to win the PL this year, and it's a big IF, what a fantastic season it will have turned out to be. It's still on, so I have everything crossed. I asked you earlier in the season what would signify a good season for Spurs, you replied that qualifying for the last 16 in the CL and securing the 4th place again would do (I think that's what you said). I think you got it right, and so far, you are on track to do that (having already exceeded one target). I think if you had the choice of beating Real Madrid or securing 4th place, the 4th place would be chosen. Long term interest as opposed to short term excitement. But live in the day - play with no fear, and enjoy what comes your way at the time it does.

The blues will just have to beat the English champions and the european champions

when i looked last chelsea are still the English champions so we don't have to beat ourself to meet milian in semi and yids in final

:thumbsup::smiley20::thumbsup:

Sorry Cornish Blue, i meant that we had to beat the champions elect and current leaders of the English premier league. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Harry will play it down and say they've had a wonderful experience, and its great to visit places like Milan and Madrid.

So tactically inept when it comes to European Football it astounds me! granted, having Crouch sent off didn't help, but if he stayed on they would have just bombed balls up to him anyway!

And, Madrid aren't that good, they're not a patch on Barcelona and at the back especially poor

when Real played Barca i do believe they took a hammering-wasnt it 5 nil Barca?

Yet Spurs fear no one and wanted Barca-lucky for them they didnt get them hey!

Still-welcome to champions league football (as in my oppinion, that is the first REAL game you have played in the competition) and goodbye!

After the 3/4 weeks Arsenal have had, at least i can rely on the Sp*rs to lighten the spirits (not by much i have you know though!)

Dont worry,Im still about.

No excuses really.

To have had any chance,of getting a result in the Bernabau,we required 11 men for 90 mins.

Causing them problems,on the counter attack,we needed,Bale and Lennon.

That did'nt happened,and I always feared that we would be out the tie by the end of the first leg.

I beleive Spurs will win the 2nd leg,but not by enough to go through.

Looking back,its been un beleiveable journey,and doing it again next season is very much a priority.

So lets hope for 3pts tomorrow.

COYS.

Spurs run-in

Home v Arsenal

Home v West Brom

Away at Chelsea

Home v Blackpool

Away at Man City

Awat at Liverpool

Home v Birmingham

Man City run-in

Away at Liverpool

Away at Blackburn

Home to West Ham

Awat at Everton

Home to Spurs

Home to Stoke

Awat at Bolton

Spurs need to collect 4 more points than City (their goal difference is much better). Should still be close, but my money on City.

What an educated post,goldeneye.

If you understood the basic idea of football.[unless you are Mr.Wenger].

You play a game to score more goals than your opponents,then you collect 3pts.

Teams with more points than others,finish above them.

Only when your points are identical,do goal difference matter.

So if Spurs collect enough points to finish in the top 4.

Guess what.

Goal difference dont matter.

Got it.

That is a good result for Spurs. Now just 3 behind with a game in hand. Momentum with Spurs, but still think Man City will do it. The Man City v Spurs game is crucial of course, but Spurs still have to go to Chelsea and Liverpool (as well as City) whilst City have to visit Blackburn, Everton and Bolton. Cracking finish to the season though.

Can't believe the odds Sky are offering for the title, Chelsea are 9/4 favorites, with Man Utd 11/4 and Arsenal 6/1. Come on..... !!

Suppose the curtain has now come down on this thread.

Disappointed the way our campaign ended.

It was lost in the Bernabeau.

Overall it has been a fantastic experience.

Was lucky enough to get tickets for a few of the games,and the atmosphere,was something else.

Priority now ,is to do it again.

We are in a similar position to last season,and with Tevez now ruled out for up to a month,we will be looking for 3pts

in our next game.

Ar23nal at home.

Bring it on.

Lets do the double over the scum.

COYS.

Well as for Spurfect, Spurs were going to win everything this year,

While we are on the subject of Spurs can anyone tell me why,

Spurs are still trying to stop West Ham from taking over the Olympic Stadium,

They have a new site for a Stadium & planning permission,

& yet they are still trying to stop West Ham,

Just cannot take no for an Answer.

Hammers :c::yahoo: :c:

Not just Tottenham.

Leyton Orient as well,now.

Just want to know why the Council have decided to spend £40 million of tax payers money,to fund the Pikeys

Stadium.

Council has refused to answer Tottenhams and Orients request of a explanation.

So the next step was obvious.

Even to some one like yourself.

Not just Tottenham.

Leyton Orient as well,now.

Just want to know why the Council have decided to spend £40 million of tax payers money,to fund the Pikeys

Stadium.

Council has refused to answer Tottenhams and Orients request of a explanation.

So the next step was obvious.

Even to some one like yourself.

leyton orients chairman making a cracking comment about how the pikeys cant even fill there staduim up let alone wembley :yahoo: ,ade me chuckle

As part of the London 2012 Olynpic bid British athletics gave their word that, after the Games, the Olympic Stadium would remain as a venue for track and field athletics. Spurs plans involve tearing down the stadium. If British Athletics do not keep their promise they will lose all credibility in the althletics world. Obviously Spurs think that, ‘giving your word’,

‘credibility’ and ‘honour’ means nothing! :SM_carton:

• 2 weeks later...

The word amongst the Tottenham faithful,is that if we cant qualify for the Champions League,we should'nt try to hard

to finish 5th.

6th would be so much better,for next season.

No Europa League football on a bloody Thursday.

This would improve our chances of an assault for the Premiership title.

See how Liverpool's and City's form has improved since they have been eliminated from the Europa Cup.

So let Liverpool finish bloody 5th if they like.

I think its a great idea.

Unfortunately, being in the CL is often a pre-req for signing world class players. Footy's Catch 22!

i am amazed that you have to spell that fact out to these guys. unbelievable. i think it's been a wonderful year for spurs, but they may have peaked. the target next year is what, realistically? the premier league title, no, i don't think so. i am sure they will target a top 4 finish, for top european football, and my guess is that they will finish 5th this year bringing the europa league back to whl, so they will have to contend with that inconvenience once again.

Agree,goldeneye.

The squad are not good enough.

There will be players leaving.

Keane,Bentley,Hutton,Dos Santos,Naughton,Krancjar,and maybe a couple more fringe players.

With 2-3 world class signings,and no European football,it could be on.?

I'm surprised you've not included any of your six centre backs Gallas, Bassong, King, Woodgate, Kaboul and Dawson, all on big wages and you struggle to get 2 out of 6 fit for each match.

The word amongst the Tottenham faithful,is that if we cant qualify for the Champions League,we should'nt try to hard

to finish 5th.

6th would be so much better,for next season.

No Europa League football on a bloody Thursday.

This would improve our chances of an assault for the Premiership title.

See how Liverpool's and City's form has improved since they have been eliminated from the Europa Cup.

So let Liverpool finish bloody 5th if they like.

I think its a great idea.

What on Gods green earth are you smoking? "an assault for the Premiership title"!!? :yahoo::yahoo: seriously Spurs are about as close as Gooners are to a title challenge!