Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup results 2/10

I've been led to belive Port Rangers beat one of the Newquay teams 6 : 2 in the Junior cup

Thats correct Rangers came from 2 down to beat a very youthful Newquay side. Only downer was the ref. Not for what he did but the fact he had to come all the way from Torpoint. Luckily he shared a lift with another ref who went to Troon and they split the expenses and didn't see us off. Just a mere £40. Surely there must have been a better option than having 2 ref's travel all that way for Junior Cup game. So with County Registration, Pitch Hire, and the Ref, yesterday cost over £200, good job we won or I would feel well seen off.

If the original referees had been contacted per the 5 day rule as continually instructed there may have been western officials available. As it was you were indebted to 2 willing men from the East of the county who were prepared to travel to give you a game.One way to stop it happening again

Cornish New Boys 4-4 Madron

A game that New boys should have one comfortably, Madron were 3-0 down at half time thanks to Dan Charman in goal pulling off some fine saves.

New Boys continued to pressure Madron in the second half, but against the run of play, a mistake by the New Boys keeper, was capitalised on by Daniel Tutt to tap in, another goal followed for Madron scored by Tim Coates, and soon after the comeback was complete with Nathan Burt through on goal was clipped by the New Boys keeper. Nathan picked himself up to convert the penalty.

With the last kick of normal time a corner came in from New Boys, going straight into Dan Charmans, hands but the referee believed it was carried in, Madron argued the decision, the referee consulted with the linesman, and went back on his decision.

Madron probably had the better of the first half of extra time and went ahead through Dan Tutt with a decent finish, In the last minute of extra time New Boys were awarded a penalty for a push in the box, New Boys converted the penalty and the game finished 4-4.

Both teams assumed it was a replay but referee disagreed and Madron went onto lose 4-2 on penalties, doesn't matter too much as it seems a replay is to take place next week.

This game had everything looking forward to the replay

Man Of The Match: Dan Charman kept us in it could easliy have been double figures for New Boys

Guest CarharrackNo9

Yeah Carharrack 6 - 1 Mount Ambrose

Good Game Red Army Red Army

Goal Scorers

Adam Sulleyman 3

Ben Manley 1

Matt Montgommery

Liam Bray Lovely Free Kick Pal

Python, no I am not aware of why the original referee did not fulfil the fixture, but reading TS1`s post possibly if the referee had been contacted within the stipulated time frame there would have been more time to rearrange the referee`s and so avoid the travelling distance. I know from personel experience the referee`s secretary does his best to keep the travelling to a reasonable level. This I do know as because of milage my game for this saturday has been changed.

Python, no I am not aware of why the original referee did not fulfil the fixture, but reading TS1`s post possibly if the referee had been contacted within the stipulated time frame there would have been more time to rearrange the referee`s and so avoid the travelling distance. I know from personel experience the referee`s secretary does his best to keep the travelling to a reasonable level. This I do know as because of milage my game for this saturday has been changed.

The original ref is out of action and because it was junior cup weekend there weren't excately many spare officials around to replace him. The appointer had been contacted by original ref stating his unavailability but it would appear that something went a rye there. Now it was very good of both officials to travel all this way, plus sharing expenses saved a few quid as well. I just wonder how many officials they passed going the other way. Even the ref could not believe he was being asked to travel all this way for a junior cup match. He at first though he was being given Porthleven first's.

As a club we could have been facing a bill in excess of £85 for one game and that is just plain daft.

Goonhavern 1-2 Falmouth Athletic

Falmouth Athletic scored two goals on the counter attack after we had taken an early lead through Lewis Waters. We dominated for long spells, hit the post twice but couldn't take our chances. Falmouth should go far in this competition.

i heard steve kellow run the show

Cornish New Boys 4-4 Madron AET

CNB won 4-2 on penalties

It was a good game to watch as New Boys went 3-0 up in the 1st half and madron were falling out with each other! I was kept busy in goal and in the 2nd half Madron came back to draw 3-3. In the final minute there was a corner that the ref believed went over the line but I wasn't sure if it did, the ref gave it then our lino said it didn't (not sure if it did or not) the ref said no goal and blew for full time. In Extra time Madron took the lead and New Boys kept going and got a blatant penalty with 3 mins left, it was converted and a then the ref blew a couple of minutes later for full time. Madron missed the 2nd and 4th penalty and CNB convert there's really well.

Well done to CNB and good luck in the next round!!!

yeah a cracking game to watch for a neutral must say i thought we lost it i hold my hands up i had a shocker but sort of re deemed myself with the winning penalty save,on the other hand you fat man thought you had a cracking game unlucky mate

dont think u did redeem urself with the winning penalty save, games that were are dra @ extra time are due to be replayed next week!!!

few boo boos by officials yesterday as a few penalty shootouts that shouldnt have happened did!!!

Well thats all fine and good but if the ref made a boo boo as you called it then the game should be void and replayed as if it never took place madron were quite happy to take the pens and also i got booked so am i to take it that i dont need to pay for that 1 as the ref im my view made a boo boo there too??

thanks gaffer and stroker.thought at half time with the score 0-0 it would be decided by a mistake and a 1-0 win but two quick goals in 5mins killed the game.good luck for the rest of the season and see you on thursday at pool school 7-8pm :drink::c:

well done m8 great result :clapper:

Goonhavern 1-2 Falmouth Athletic

Falmouth Athletic scored two goals on the counter attack after we had taken an early lead through Lewis Waters. We dominated for long spells, hit the post twice but couldn't take our chances. Falmouth should go far in this competition.

i heard steve kellow run the show

Good player but didn't really have a sniff so you heard wrong!