Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup results 2/10

Helston 2 Lizard Argyle 1 h/t 1-1

Hard and closely fought match.

Helston took the lead with a good individual effort from their striker,cutting inside the Lizard defence.Lizard equalised with another good individual goal just before half time with a good run and shot across the keeper.

The winning goal was a penalty midway through the second half.

Some very good football from both young teams.Keep it up and you will get your rewards.

Cornish New Boys 4-4 Madron AET

CNB won 4-2 on penalties

It was a good game to watch as New Boys went 3-0 up in the 1st half and madron were falling out with each other! I was kept busy in goal and in the 2nd half Madron came back to draw 3-3. In the final minute there was a corner that the ref believed went over the line but I wasn't sure if it did, the ref gave it then our lino said it didn't (not sure if it did or not) the ref said no goal and blew for full time. In Extra time Madron took the lead and New Boys kept going and got a blatant penalty with 3 mins left, it was converted and a then the ref blew a couple of minutes later for full time. Madron missed the 2nd and 4th penalty and CNB convert there's really well.

Well done to CNB and good luck in the next round!!!

st.keverne 6 culdrose 3.

culdrose went 2-0 up (k.day and m ruse) and were far the better side in the first half, culdrose only had 11 men turn up and when striker k day went down which looks like ligament damage st.keverne pulled 1 back just before half time. the second half saw st.keverne playing against 10 men culdrose and the rest of the match was spent on the back foot. we pulled a consolation goal back at the end but cant fault any member of the culdrose team as if it had stayed 11 vs 11 then it would of been a different result. good luck st.keverne for the rest of the cup.

Guest AddidasSize11

Maker With Rame 10 (Ben Waters 3, Matthew "Mutley Williams 3, Ben Applegate 2, Ian Bruzon, Matt Harrison (Goal Keeper On His Birthday)

Delebole 0

Mt Ambrose ( ML 2 ) 1 .v. Carharrack ( FHFL 1 ) 6

A deserved win for Carharrack but the score line doesn't tell the story. We were expecting a real tough test ( with 9 players unavailable through work and illness ) and talked before the game about going out there and competing to see how it stood for us. A frantic and battling first 5 minutes saw us take the lead from a corner which Richard Ward scored on the half volley. Carharrack equalised soon after when their lad got something on it under pressure from myself and Craig Barnard in goal and the ball dropped in just under the crossbar. We played some good stuff in spells in the 1st half and got amongst Carharrack well. Hopefully someone from Carharrack will back this up. We were getting some joy from set pieces and the visiting 'keeper made a superb point blank save onto the crossbar to deny us at one stage. We were 4 - 1 down at half time following a penalty and 2 goals that surely should be looked at by the off side panel! Second half was dominated more so by Carharrack and they had the better of the chances. We didn't create much in the second period despite good work and effort from Danny Munday, Tom Biddle, Richard Ward, Pete Berryman and Connor Salmon. Carharrack added 2 further goals from a long ball over the top break away and a free kick. Carharrack have a very lively front line and are well organised and disciplined and will be a tough side to beat in this competition and their league. Good luck for the season on behalf of everyone at Mt Ambrose.

Mt Ambrose MOTM - Wayne Blakemore

Titans 4 Robartes 0

Credit where credits due, Titans were superb today and should be very proud of themselves. Worked so hard all over the pitch and gave us nothing. Scored some great goals too. No fluke result, very tidy side (as we know as we train together) and are a good bunch of lads who have a cracking manager.

Bodmin Saints 10 - 0 Camelford

I could easily dismiss Camelford as 'cannon fodder', I won't do that, they deserve more respect.

Saints played very well. They maybe should have scored more than twenty in this game. The crossbar and posts accounted for at least four cert's but there was one other reason Saints didn't get to a predictable target; the Camelford keeper! I don't know, I'm guessing the lad was around seventeen - he may have been younger - but for me he was joint man of the match with Dave DJ Jefferies who scored his third double hat-trick for the club today.

Well done Saints, well done Camelford and well done to the goalie; a credit not just to his club but for junior football!

Titans 4 Robartes 0

Credit where credits due, Titans were superb today and should be very proud of themselves. Worked so hard all over the pitch and gave us nothing. Scored some great goals too. No fluke result, very tidy side (as we know as we train together) and are a good bunch of lads who have a cracking manager.

Totally Agree With Darren, Titans P****d All Over Us!! Well Done Titans Good luck next round!

Padstow united 1 V Torpoint athletic 3

excellent game, end to end, can see why torpoint are where they are, excellent passers of the ball but padstow were never going to give up without a fight. seemed to want the game more than torpoint, torpoint went 1 up with a very lucky deflection which looped over our keeper. Padstow came back and scored a goal with a great piece of play from simon press to set up an unmarked kyle tippett from 6 yards. we went in 1-1 at half time,second half padstow were trying to push for a second and torpoint caught us on the break, very good strike from outside box which rob elliot done well to get to but it fell to a torpoint player to make it 2-1, padstow struggled for a bit but soon got back to knocking it about with a few chances but not quite having that final product, padstow pushed forward for the equaliser and torpoint caught us again to make it 3-1.

padstow really gave it their all but wasnt quite good enough, nice of their manager to say we deserved more and could have gone either way, best of luck to torpoint in the cup and league and hope to meet u again sometime :D

GREEN ARMY!!!!!

St Buryan 4 Praze 1

St Buryan started the defence of there junior cup @ home against an in form praze side today.

St Buryan were a few short of there best team but deservedly came out winners.

Good luck to the rest of the season to Praze. A very good team n should walk Mining 2.

Great shirts as well boys! Have a good night!

Halsetown 4 - 3 Gwinear CT .

Proper proper west Cornwall cup tie. Had a bit of everything , my team talk of keeping it tight to start paid off when we made two dreadful errors to hand the home side a two goal lead with 1 minute 58 secs on the clock !!!! Cut along story short Halsetown were reduced to 10 men before half time and fought superbly second half Dusty pulling off some fine saves and Sam at left back pipping him for Motm,, fantastic display to keep our right winger quiet who is on fire right now. Got back to 3 - 3 only to concede a sloppy 4th. Well reffed in my opinion although judging by the Halsetown support I'd say they would disagree but he was strong and equal which was needed as it was a feisty cup game . Good luck to Martin and the boys always enjoyed our battles good luck until the next one . :drink:

Grampound 2-0 Boscastle

This looked like being a close game from early season form but from the first minute, when Grampound thought they had scored when San Leaney's header was clawed back from what looked like a yard over and not given, there was only going to be one winner. Boscastle battled hard but did not really look like opening Grampound up and the home side managed to miss a string of reasonable chances.

Martin Lloyd headed the opening goal on the hour from a Leaney cross and added a second fifteen minutes from time after a series of goal-line clearances. In between the home goals, Boscastle missed a good chance and had a superb drive brilliantly saved by James Brooker in the Grampound goal and so might have got themselves back in the match, but over the 90 minutes Grampound were deserved winners, a conclusion accepted by the Boscastle management.

CNB won 4-2 on penalties

It was a good game to watch as New Boys went 3-0 up in the 1st half and madron were falling out with each other! I was kept busy in goal and in the 2nd half Madron came back to draw 3-3. In the final minute there was a corner that the ref believed went over the line but I wasn't sure if it did, the ref gave it then our lino said it didn't (not sure if it did or not) the ref said no goal and blew for full time. In Extra time Madron took the lead and New Boys kept going and got a blatant penalty with 3 mins left, it was converted and a then the ref blew a couple of minutes later for full time. Madron missed the 2nd and 4th penalty and CNB convert there's really well.

i thought junior cup was meant to go to replay before pens??

CNB won 4-2 on penalties

yeah it is?????? lol

CNB won 4-2 on penalties

yeah it is?????? lol

Both teams thought the same, and settled for the replay only for the referee to disagree. Penalties went ahead. Madron after the game showed the referee paperwork proving Penalties were never to go ahead, see what happens during the week......

CNB won 4-2 on penalties

yeah it is?????? lol

Both teams thought the same, and settled for the replay only for the referee to disagree. Penalties went ahead. Madron after the game showed the referee paperwork proving Penalties were never to go ahead, see what happens during the week......

thats shocking, surely the ref knows (well u'd like to think they do)

CALSTOCK 8 DUKE OF CORNWALL 0

A great bunch of lads the duke of cornwall are and played in a very good spirit. Well refereed by Tim Hyslop and some good football played by Calstock.

Good luck to Duke of Cornwall for the rest of the season (apart from when you play our 2nd team :thumbsup: ) from all at Calstock

Regards

Stewart Cawte

Titans 4 Robartes 0

Much appreciated Gaffer was tightly contested throughout in the 1st half with few chances, delighted with the lads 2nd half performance and we had some good finishes today as u stated. Some banter throughout like a proper cup competition brings out,but at the end Robartes graceful in defeat. A real pleasure to train your guys who work well together with Titans see u thursday mate. :thumbsup:

Titans 4 Robartes 0

Much appreciated Gaffer was tightly contested throughout in the 1st half with few chances, delighted with the lads 2nd half performance and we had some good finishes today as u stated. Some banter throughout like a proper cup competition brings out,but at the end Robartes graceful in defeat. A real pleasure to train your guys who work well together with Titans see u thursday mate. :thumbsup:

Congratulations To Titans Again Were Clearly Up For It More Than Us (Robartes) And Deserved It. Good finishing From the Titans Strikers Proved The Key To This Result! Think We Thought playing up hill was the hard half obviously not! Seeing as Thats where Titans Demolished us...Well Done Dave a Game That was a Pleasure To play in! See you all thursday!

Redruth Utd 1- 2 Pendeen Rovers Res

Game played in a fair spirit and refereed very well....Redruth had the best of the 1st half (with a strong wind behind there backs) without really creating any real chances...In the 2nd half Rovers made a few changes that changed the game...we played with a much higher line and started to get on top ....and thanks to the Redruth lads for a good game...all the best for the rest of your season...

CNB won 4-2 on penalties

yeah a cracking game to watch for a neutral must say i thought we lost it i hold my hands up i had a shocker but sort of re deemed myself with the winning penalty save,on the other hand you fat man thought you had a cracking game unlucky mate

CNB won 4-2 on penalties

yeah a cracking game to watch for a neutral must say i thought we lost it i hold my hands up i had a shocker but sort of re deemed myself with the winning penalty save,on the other hand you fat man thought you had a cracking game unlucky mate

dont think u did redeem urself with the winning penalty save, games that were are dra @ extra time are due to be replayed next week!!!

few boo boos by officials yesterday as a few penalty shootouts that shouldnt have happened did!!!

I've been led to belive Port Rangers beat one of the Newquay teams 6 : 2 in the Junior cup

Thats correct Rangers came from 2 down to beat a very youthful Newquay side. Only downer was the ref. Not for what he did but the fact he had to come all the way from Torpoint. Luckily he shared a lift with another ref who went to Troon and they split the expenses and didn't see us off. Just a mere £40. Surely there must have been a better option than having 2 ref's travel all that way for Junior Cup game. So with County Registration, Pitch Hire, and the Ref, yesterday cost over £200, good job we won or I would feel well seen off.

Halsetown 4 - 3 Gwinear CT .

Proper proper west Cornwall cup tie. Had a bit of everything , my team talk of keeping it tight to start paid off when we made two dreadful errors to hand the home side a two goal lead with 1 minute 58 secs on the clock !!!! Cut along story short Halsetown were reduced to 10 men before half time and fought superbly second half Dusty pulling off some fine saves and Sam at left back pipping him for Motm,, fantastic display to keep our right winger quiet who is on fire right now. Got back to 3 - 3 only to concede a sloppy 4th. Well reffed in my opinion although judging by the Halsetown support I'd say they would disagree but he was strong and equal which was needed as it was a feisty cup game . Good luck to Martin and the boys always enjoyed our battles good luck until the next one . :drink:

It was a cracking cup tie and both teams did their bit. Always a good battle but Chris goodhall proved the difference with non stop running and cool finishing for his hatrick. Dusty was good, but best not mention it on here - we heard it all in the pub last night.

Big challenges going in and the ref did stamp down on that, but dished out too many yellows for strong but fair tackles. Our no. 9 had his first career yellow and he's 29 years old! Missed a stamping and gave a soft pen. Sorry to go on about ref but when he turns up with a pressure gauge to check the balls you expect him to half decent!

Great game and gwinear always a good bunch. Hope the pitch was good enough for you boys, if a bit bigger than you're used too!