Cornwall Football Forum

Club Fines

getting nutmegged in a game deserves a hefty fine in my book

Getting booked for dissent in a game deserves an even heftier fine in my book. (See below)

lol class billy, i clicked that link and had a little look.....he played football...but in goal!!! would love to see you in goal!!

To raise money for our end of season tour, we used to have a sweep for the first goal scorer on your side.

We would put 20 names in the hat, all the playing squad plus the manager physio plus anybody else you could think of.

We would all buy tickets in the sweep at £1 a go and if you were lucky you'd draw someone like your best striker, on the other hand you may get your goalkeeper, physio, club secretary etc. If you bought some crap tickets, well, that was bad luck and you'd have to buy some more. When all 20 were sold you'd wait and see who scored first and who the winner was.

The winner would get half the money (£10) and the rest went in the kitty, if no one scored the kitty would get the full £20. Simples!

It's surprising how much money you can get over the course of the season and how much fun it is to run...especially if you've got someone like the late, great Dave Gardner running it, God bless him.

get £20 off each player every game, 34 games a season, £680 in the bin, get into the travel agents, magaluf, sorted.

[/quote

Not sure about your sums. I blame the teachers.

£20 from each player for 34 games is actually, £7,480. Magaluf? Not really an option. A month in the Maldives would be well within budget.

The best idea of all was the original question I thought

Shows a great future leader/captain in my book

Because young Dangerous could not think of anything to do at his club this season he got a few members of the forum to come up with some great ideas which he will now use to make a few quid for the club which I think is a good thing by the way

Get others to do the work for you and come up with all the great ideas while you sit at home with your feet up having a nice cuppa then pop on here and use the suggestions to earn the plaudits and the cash

BRILLIANT :clapper::clapper:

Don’t do something yourself when you can get others to do it for you :rolleyes:

By the way I’m just having a bit of fun here so don’t anyone go getting on or off his or her high horse and take it the wrong way :D :D

The best idea of all was the original question I thought

Shows a great future leader/captain in my book

Because young Dangerous could not think of anything to do at his club this season he got a few members of the forum to come up with some great ideas which he will now use to make a few quid for the club which I think is a good thing by the way

Get others to do the work for you and come up with all the great ideas while you sit at home with your feet up having a nice cuppa then pop on here and use the suggestions to earn the plaudits and the cash

BRILLIANT :clapper::clapper:

Don’t do something yourself when you can get others to do it for you :rolleyes:

By the way I’m just having a bit of fun here so don’t anyone go getting on or off his or her high horse and take it the wrong way :D:D

lol!

All proceeds go towards Tour Kitty.. :smiley20:

Feel free to contribute :D