Cornwall Football Forum

Guest tell it how it is

budget wise

I do hope that all the combo clubs are 'budget wise' and not pay any players!

You are about 30yrs to late with that comment,heard one team in the Camborne/Redruth area offering money. :mellow::ninja:

teams pay? never! only the 5 or 6 that spring straight to mind

cannot be holmans they don't have a budget do they pitty :wacko:

Haha very true Ted its defo not us...I believe it may be closer to Redruth! We like our football to be pure at Blaythorne.....sponsors are always nice to have though we could do with a bit of infrastructure improvement "if you build it they will come" :clapper::clapper: !!!!

A few players went training at St Day FC last night it looked very exciting for all 3 teams GOOD TIMES budget or no budget! :clapper:

Word has it that Ludgvan have a budget to any interested manager also St Just and Pendeen are offering money along with Perranwell, St Day are paying players most are on a tenner with a couple on quite a bit more with free servicing and repairs to their cars etc. That has come from the players themselves so cannot really be denied.

A few players went training at St Day FC last night it looked very exciting for all 3 teams GOOD TIMES budget or no budget! :clapper:

Word has it that Ludgvan have a budget to any interested manager also St Just and Pendeen are offering money along with Perranwell, St Day are paying players most are on a tenner with a couple on quite a bit more with free servicing and repairs to their cars etc. That has come from the players themselves so cannot really be denied.

Can assure you that LUDGVAN has no budget for the fothcoming season,all sponsorship monies have been spent on a new 1st team kit.

We play at Ludgvan for the love of the game not for what we can get out of the club.

I have just read this topic and I can assure you as a St Day FC committee member there is no budget at St Day FC. I might not agree with what is going on inside the club but the Football Club has no money to pay referees let alone a player budget! To give you the facts the only person the Football Club gives expensives to is the 1st team Physio for petrol.

Guest Bundiwilliams

I have just read this topic and I can assure you as a St Day FC committee member there is no budget at St Day FC. I might not agree with what is going on inside the club but the Football Club has no money to pay referees let alone a player budget! To give you the facts the only person the Football Club gives expensives to is the 1st team Physio for petrol.

come on dont be silly, there is a budget at st.day!!!!

i know there is because st.day have taken two of my squad from last year!!!!

both players getting paid!!!!!!

i know no-one wants to admit when a club has a budget just incase you pay every player all year and then you win nothing, fact waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems St Day are paying yet again like they did last season y do this your just a small village club. Like Bundi said he knows it as do lots of others y not admit it. Hiding the fact is the worse thing about it. If you are a committee member Saint Vogue as you say you are you are obviously not privvy to certain imformation.

Whos the manager at St Day this season and what players has the invisible money attracted to the club.

ok first of all i would like to say i have nothing to do with st day football club . but what i think people are trying to say is st day as a club dont have a budget but they have a manager who is willing to pay money out of his own pocket the same as caddy does at perranwell and did before at holmans and illogan . so you cant really blame the clubs players will follow the money men .

Guest WINNO

JEALOUSY SPRINGS TO MIND.

MOST PLAYERS IN THE COMBO GET LOOKED AFTER IN SOME SORT OF WAY WHETHER IT BE BOOTS,NEW GLOVES A FEW PINTS SOME WORK DONE FOR THEM, SOME TRAVELLING MONEY OR BEING PICKED UP AND DROPPED HOME. IF SOMEONE AT A CLUB WANTS TO PUT SOMETHING INTO THE PLAYERS THEN THATS UPTO THEM WHATEVER CLUB IT IS AND AS SILLY AS IT IS. TIMES HAVE CHANGED AND SO HAVE THE NEW GENERATION OF PLAYER IM AFRAID. THATS ONE REASON WHY IM GLAD TO BE OUT OF IT MANAGEMENT IS A THANKLESS TASK IN THIS DAY AND AGE IM AFRAID.

MOST PLAYERS IN THE COMBO GET LOOKED AFTER IN SOME SORT OF WAY WHETHER IT BE BOOTS,NEW GLOVES A FEW PINTS SOME WORK DONE FOR THEM, SOME TRAVELLING MONEY OR BEING PICKED UP AND DROPPED HOME. IF SOMEONE AT A CLUB WANTS TO PUT SOMETHING INTO THE PLAYERS THEN THATS UPTO THEM WHATEVER CLUB IT IS AND AS SILLY AS IT IS. TIMES HAVE CHANGED AND SO HAVE THE NEW GENERATION OF PLAYER IM AFRAID. THATS ONE REASON WHY IM GLAD TO BE OUT OF IT MANAGEMENT IS A THANKLESS TASK IN THIS DAY AND AGE IM AFRAID.

Bloody hell Simon im finding my self agreeing with you, managing at at all levels is hard work budget or no budget, half the combo pay half dont seems its mainly the ones that dont have the money that are always moaning though. A new generation of players are coming through my lad whos 12 was told 6 months ago by an Argyle coach that he might not make man u but he would play at the highest standard down here for 50 quid a game when the time comes. Its part and parcel of how it all works,Im at Titans with the biggest sugar daddy there is {MARTIN EDDY}but im only there for the love TITANS LOVE :yahoo: p.s i need a keeper Simon :clapper:

And here we go again.....

St Day bashing last season and lo and behold nothing has changed!!

At the club this season there are a group of close mates who want to play together and have a laugh, I can honestly say that the people behind the club and who follow the club are the most genuine and loyal that I've come across within a club and that is what makes players want to play for them, not if all reports are to be believed a bit of petrol money, which all clubs do!!!

Perhaps you should all concentrate on your own clubs because believe me when the season comes around we will be ready to do all our talking on the pitch!!######

Guest WINNO

And here we go again.....

St Day bashing last season and lo and behold nothing has changed!!

At the club this season there are a group of close mates who want to play together and have a laugh, I can honestly say that the people behind the club and who follow the club are the most genuine and loyal that I've come across within a club and that is what makes players want to play for them, not if all reports are to be believed a bit of petrol money, which all clubs do!!!

Perhaps you should all concentrate on your own clubs because believe me when the season comes around we will be ready to do all our talking on the pitch!!######

GOOD COMMENT THERE PING WELL DONE MY FRIEND. I WISH ST DAY ALL THE BEST ON AND OFF THE PITCH AND HAVE TRIED TO PUT THE SUBJECT TO BED.

THE ONLY COMMENT I WILL MAKE IS THAT THE PLAYERS ARE NORMALLY THE ONES WHO DO THE WHO STIR IT UP SAYING THEY ARE GETTING THIS AND THAT. PERHAPS A LITTLE WORD IN THIER EARS MAY BE ON THE AGENDA

I don't believe St Day are paying players for any moment, I even heard that the players are chipping in to cover expenses for the club physio!

Complete rubbish, I have a friend who has just recently signed for St Day (no names mentioned) and he is getting a nice little wedge direct from Roger!!! No problem with players being paid, be nice if clubs just admitted it :blink:

Guest WINNO

don't be afraid to name your mate then druth? loads of people go around saying they are getting paid when actually they aren't.

COME ON DRUTH LETS HAVE IT!!!!!!!

I had a friend go to training with St. Day last night. I asked him about this and it's complete crap. The pub up the road are opening early to lay on a cheap (not free) breakfazst for players and get a pint after games. That's the pubs incentive to get a few more punters in, not the club trying to get players to play.

Guest tell it how it is

i've been told that winno's best friend mr britton has gone back for 25 quid a game and his car sorted out by roger.

Right lets get one thing straight, I'm not having my club whom I've played for since the 70's dragged through the mud. We St Day AFC have done fantastic to get back into Senior football and all the praise has to go to Bob Roberts for getting us there in the first place. The committee are currently split and I for one am seriously thinking about resigning. The FOOTBALL CLUB does not pay players. Now I wish our chairman Kerwin Prisk, someone who has been at the club from the beginning would have some balls and step in and stop this situation. The President Mr Etherington is very keen for the club to go into SWPL , I admire the ambition but in my opinion we currently dont have the finances or the setup yet to do it. Myself and others on the committee were unhappy at the way the managerial situation was handled but got told off certain people to wind our necks in and accept it.

Now, I got alot of respect for Rodger, I've been told off many players that he is a great motivator. But I have personally been told off players past and present that they have been offered cash by Rodger to play for the club. Now if he wants to fix their cars in his garage for free thats upto him, there are not many business that could do that in the current climate. But one thing I will not have is my club paying cash to players who are only there for the money. I was told of rumours of it happening last season but decided to give it the benfit of the doubt but now I have been told off people I trust that they have been offfered money to play for St Day this season and this is something I cannot ignore.

As I said, St Day AFC, the club I love is not paying players never have and never will.

Once a saint always a saint!

now mr saint vogue who are you? because i am a past player myself and think that it is very sad that a local club like st day have got all these so called people with money in and it does not reflect on the good club that st day afc used to be.

now mr saint vogue who are you? because i am a past player myself and think that it is very sad that a local club like st day have got all these so called people with money in and it does not reflect on the good club that st day afc used to be.

That is why I have had to speak up. God knows what Sheldon Mitchell is thinking right now. Now there was a man who knew how to run a team and a successfull one at that. We won the Junior Cup in 2006 with a team who wanted to play for the club and I would rather be in Junior football and have players who want to play for the club than the situation we are now in.

i only wish pendeen were in a position to pay players. dont know were you get your info guns, but pendeen defo got no budget.

If all these clubs are supposed to be paying so much money to their players I'm surprised they don't have 50 or 60 people turing up for their pre-season training trying to prove themselves good enough to get in on the pay-packet :glare:

Si, Sorry to hear you find management "a thankless task", however completely agree with you on players being looked after. So what if a club pays? Does it really matter? 99% of players being paid or not will always give 100%, never wanting to be beaten just because they get some money. Wanting to win is everything, money or no money.

Lets face it most money will end up back over the same clubs bar, or in the fuel tank of a classy lowered, noisey exhaust, blacked out Nova 1.2!! If a club does well, people come to watch... and buy a tea, a beer, some food etc. Win titles and better players want to play for you, thus more people will want to watch a game or two, again buying a few things along the way. Some would say increasing your businesses exsposure to more people makes good business sense!

Good luck to St Day, ambition to grow is not going to be everyones cup of tea but if we were all the same without our own thoughts we'd live in China.

St Day pay or not? St Just pay or not? Perranwell, Penryn, Helston, Mullion, Port, Illogan? Frankly who gives a monkeys?

If Cameron Diaz comes into the bar and asks you to leave with her, and you are available! Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!!!

Guest Harold Steptoe

:SM_carton: Mr Vouge you may correct me if I am wrong but was is not Andy Tasker who was manager when you won the Junior Cup & League etc in 2006 ? and then taking you back into senior football the following season ? I thought Bob Roberts came close the Year before Andy Tasker took the club on that further step.

:SM_carton: Mr Vouge you may correct me if I am wrong but was is not Andy Tasker who was manager when you won the Junior Cup & League etc in 2006 ? and then taking you back into senior football the following season ? I thought Bob Roberts came close the Year before Andy Tasker took the club on that further step.

[/quote

I agree with most of you why don't these clubs just admit it thats just the case. The whole world know that St Just and Perranwell and others give money and look after players in different ways, just like we all know St Day are doing it big time this season so what just admit it. Saint Vogue Im surprised in some of the things you say if your chairman and your committee don't know that money etc is being given to players then there is something very very wrong at your club.

I suppose it will all come out in the wash.

Top 3 Prediction in no particular order

ILLOGAN

FALMOUTH

PENRYN

penryn as a budget like they did last season :ninja:

Penryn had no budget in the combo team believe me! That is a ridiculous statement

yes they did just like most of them did. beleive me!!!!!!

Peg Leg you know absolutely nothing! I know they do not get paid, the first team do yes, but not the combination team you could ask every single player, if they tell you they do they are lying trust me!

Harold, you are totally correct. Andy was a fantastic servent and did win the Junior Cup for us with a team that wanted to play for each other. Andy, I feel was another manager that was unfairly treated by the club. However, it was Bob Roberts that made that team but unfortuantly had to leave the area. The money men may come and go however we will always be there. Once a saint always a saint!

Who cares who pays and i have also heard that Illogan also pay certain expenses.Also you bring Perranwell's name into the paying players bracket well i can assure you that we have only £350 per game budget for the forthcoming season. :drink::drink:

Only £350? At Combo level? Tell me, what is the prize money for winning the league? Certainly a lot less than that outlay! I hope you're comment was a wind up, otherwise there must be some extremely generous, but silly people backing the club!

Who cares who pays and i have also heard that Illogan also pay certain expenses.Also you bring Perranwell's name into the paying players bracket well i can assure you that we have only £350 per game budget for the forthcoming season. :drink::drink:

Only £350? At Combo level? Tell me, what is the prize money for winning the league? Certainly a lot less than that outlay! I hope you're comment was a wind up, otherwise there must be some extremely generous, but silly people backing the club!

Perranwell are being backed by local buisness man Joe King

just wanted to put my opinion across that the combination league is a nice local league to play in. However being paid to play in it is a bit of a joke, good luck to you if you are i don't have a problem with it but realistically its not the league it was a few years ago. There are 6 at a push 7 of the 20 teams that will challenge for the top spot, some of the scores last year were rugby scores and a little embarrassing. So enjoy it, but don't pretend we're playing in the premier league, and a little advice, if you get paid, well done, i'm proud of you but don't gob off about it because alot of us are laughing at you not with you, :thumbsup: :clapper:

uote name='Saint Vouge' date='09 July 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1278691100' post='146526']

Now, I got alot of respect for Rodger, I've been told off many players that he is a great motivator. But I have personally been told ut off players past and present that they have been offered cash by Rodger to play for the club. Now if he wants to fix their cars in his garage for free thats upto him, there are not many business that could do that in the current climate. But one thing I will not have is my club paying cash to players who are only there for the money. I was told of rumours of it happening last season but decided to give it the benfit of the doubt but now I have been told off people I trust that they have been offfered money to play for St Day this season and this is something I cannot ignore.

As I said, St Day AFC, the club I love is not paying players never have and never will.

just wanted to put my opinion across that the combination league is a nice local league to play in. However being paid to play in it is a bit of a joke, good luck to you if you are i don't have a problem with it but realistically its not the league it was a few years ago. There are 6 at a push 7 of the 20 teams that will challenge for the top spot, some of the scores last year were rugby scores and a little embarrassing. So enjoy it, but don't pretend we're playing in the premier league, and a little advice, if you get paid, well done, i'm proud of you but don't gob off about it because alot of us are laughing at you not with you, :thumbsup::clapper:

Excellent post Scoffy - well said! :smiley20:

Right lets get one thing straight, I'm not having my club whom I've played for since the 70's dragged through the mud. We St Day AFC have done fantastic to get back into Senior football and all the praise has to go to Bob Roberts for getting us there in the first place. The committee are currently split and I for one am seriously thinking about resigning. The FOOTBALL CLUB does not pay players. Now I wish our chairman Kerwin Prisk, someone who has been at the club from the beginning would have some balls and step in and stop this situation. The President Mr Etherington is very keen for the club to go into SWPL , I admire the ambition but in my opinion we currently dont have the finances or the setup yet to do it. Myself and others on the committee were unhappy at the way the managerial situation was handled but got told off certain people to wind our necks in and accept it.

Now, I got alot of respect for Rodger, I've been told off many players that he is a great motivator. But I have personally been told off players past and present that they have been offered cash by Rodger to play for the club. Now if he wants to fix their cars in his garage for free thats upto him, there are not many business that could do that in the current climate. But one thing I will not have is my club paying cash to players who are only there for the money. I was told of rumours of it happening last season but decided to give it the benfit of the doubt but now I have been told off people I trust that they have been offfered money to play for St Day this season and this is something I cannot ignore.

See the spell checker button unused ! :clapper:

Must have the ame computer has meeeee :c:

Perranwell are being backed by local buisness man Joe King

And i believe we have signed that young French guy... Hugh Jardon :yahoo:

I hear he shoots very well!! :clapper:

Does anyone on here ( a few exclusions) have a sense of humour!! :D