Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Rumour Mill......

Guest tell it how it is

Could be abit of movement at illogan as the committee were unhappy that roscoe was about to be appointed hayle manager and take most of the first team with him before denty came into the frame at the last minute.

was my understanding that denty asked to speak to 6 illogan players, none of which are moving as far as i know

Could be abit of movement at illogan as the committee were unhappy that roscoe was about to be appointed hayle manager and take most of the first team with him before denty came into the frame at the last minute.

was my understanding that denty asked to speak to 6 illogan players, none of which are moving as far as i know

I can safely say that isnt true because i saw roscoe helping out fellow members of Illogan doing teh ground so i dont think he will be leaving yet for a bit

HAHA Winston Roscoe could pull the club down with a jcb and the committee would applaud the man(the man s a legend at illogan) unlike some. Trust me the only way Roscoe leaves Illogan is if Roscoe says so. :thumbsup:

Heard Shane Richards and Ashley Thomas have both committed to Andy Parry for the forth coming season!!!!!!!!!

i was told that shane richards was going back to st just. But he isn't that special now anyway. Not as quick and hasn't got the hunger any more, he lacks goals and has put on to much weight.

Guest WINNO

Thanks Peg Leg LEGEND hahaha I wish.

Im just so so glad to be back at my home town club with all the boys including FIFI:yahoo:.

I SHOULD NEVER HAVE LEFT IN THE 1ST PALCE!!!!

I will play for whomever Im picked for 1st 2nds 3rds 4ths.

Cant wait for it all to begin......

:drink: :smiley20:

Thanks Peg Leg LEGEND hahaha I wish.

Im just so so glad to be back at my home town club with all the boys including FIFI:yahoo:.

I SHOULD NEVER HAVE LEFT IN THE 1ST PALCE!!!!

I will play for whomever Im picked for 1st 2nds 3rds 4ths.

Cant wait for it all to begin......

:drink::smiley20:

I like to think of my self as more of a man now Symon not a boy!!!! :P

Not long now until we hit the league with an almighty WHACK!!!

FIFI D

:c:

Guest mariner

I will second that skeletor!!!!!!!

Ha ha. ur right there Im just glad to be back at the club will play wherever

I was agreeing with the part about prynner, but you are well known aswell Mr Winnan

• 2 weeks later...

jason peters, kayne trevaskis and a few helston players gone to st day for a good wedge apparently with trevaskis turning down a few peninsula teams because he was offered more money at st day?

I for one can say I'm not interested in money, if I was, I would have returned to Truro in a higher league where I've been offered more. Happy just the way I am thanks.

jason peters, kayne trevaskis and a few helston players gone to st day for a good wedge apparently with trevaskis turning down a few peninsula teams because he was offered more money at st day?

I for one can say I'm not interested in money, if I was, I would have returned to Truro in a higher league where I've been offered more. Happy just the way I am thanks.

jasa, your my hero!!! Your the best

From the sound of that statement you are being paid, and didn't want to earn more at Truro. Lots of money floating around at St Day then.

To be truthful there won't be much money floating around the combo this season. The odd club will be providing a few drinks, travelling money, etc. The odd sugar daddy will be paying in kind or having their favourites for the brown envelopes.

It will also get worse over the next couple of years as the government bites down on the availability of spare money in the economy. 10 years of plenty for the country and players is going to be followed by 5 years of the country and individuals being skint.

Clubs will want to run 3rd and 4th teams but will not be able to run them as i) lack of kit sponsors, etc, ii) people will not have the time or money to become managers, iii) same for players.

For most players/managers in the combo and junior leagues, football is a hobby that can be quite expensive. Boots. travelling, training, time, drinks after the match (perhaps why clubs are suffering it's cheaper to drink at home), etc. Adds up to quite a bit each year. People will sit down and say mortgage/holiday or football. Most will be responsible and football will lose out. It won't be long after the start of the season when there will be a rush of clubs pulling out of the lower divisions of the junior football leagues due to lack of players.

To be truthful there won't be much money floating around the combo this season. The odd club will be providing a few drinks, travelling money, etc. The odd sugar daddy will be paying in kind or having their favourites for the brown envelopes.

It will also get worse over the next couple of years as the government bites down on the availability of spare money in the economy. 10 years of plenty for the country and players is going to be followed by 5 years of the country and individuals being skint.

Clubs will want to run 3rd and 4th teams but will not be able to run them as i) lack of kit sponsors, etc, ii) people will not have the time or money to become managers, iii) same for players.

For most players/managers in the combo and junior leagues, football is a hobby that can be quite expensive. Boots. travelling, training, time, drinks after the match (perhaps why clubs are suffering it's cheaper to drink at home), etc. Adds up to quite a bit each year. People will sit down and say mortgage/holiday or football. Most will be responsible and football will lose out. It won't be long after the start of the season when there will be a rush of clubs pulling out of the lower divisions of the junior football leagues due to lack of players.

After that depressing post, I cannot wait until saturday :drink: :drink:

I would find it hard to believe that Kayne would leave St Day Combo when he has told his mates that he is getting more 'sweets' at St Day than at Perranporth SWPL. Quality striker though.

The days of brown envelopes are over. Direct Debit is now the choice of payment. Not mentioning any names.