Cornwall Football Forum

Footballer con-man

Full Story @ Thisiscornwall.co.uk

Was this guy on the forum a while back asking for donations?

A crown court judge has vented his fury after sentencing guidelines stopped him from jailing a con-man who saddled a couple with thousands of pounds worth of debt.

Judge Christopher Elwen spoke out during the case of Jamie Tipton, 21, who tricked a couple into acting as guarantors on a £3,000 loan to pay for a football scholarship at a college in America he claimed he had been accepted on.

Once the couple handed Tipton the cash, he used it to buy a car for £2,100 and spent the rest on his mobile telephone and other items including Chinese food.

After interest, Michael Barber and his wife are paying back £4,500, the court heard.

Tipton was given an 18-month community sentence at Truro Crown Court yesterday, with Judge Elwen saying: "The sentencing guidelines tie my hands.

"I would like to send him down the steps to his left (which lead to the cells).

"I believe this is the sort of offending which because of its sheer nastiness ought to warrant immediate custody. You have been calculating and dishonest. You are seriously devious, dishonest and mendacious."

Tipton, who now lives in Torquay but lived in Bodmin at the time of the offences, had earlier pleaded guilty to two counts of fraud between June 17 and July 31 last year and not guilty to two further counts of fraud between the same dates.

Guest newbie

http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10523&st=0&p=105093&hl=tipton&fromsearch=1&#entry105093

So did he actually play for newquay then?? Must have nerves of steel to try and pull something like this off in what is essentially a small footballing community where everybody knows everybody!

I remember playing against him a few years ago when playing for Probus whilst he was at St. Breward. He plays as he acts off the pitch, got sent off for fighting and I believe a 3-4 month ban.

Just seems like a very selfish and nasty person. If the amount had been £5000 I reckon he would have been sent down.

I remember his username being Goalmachine999 or something along those lines (I apologise if this is a false accusation) but I definately remember the guy coming on here regularly telling everybody how good Tipton was before being found out as talking about himself.

A few years ago I think it was Billy Davies first year in charge of Foxhhole he signed for us, and immediately money started to go missing from the changing rooms. A video camera was set up in the changing rooms and he was caught red handed going through his team mates pockets stealing money. He was made to repay all the missing money and banned from the club for life. I wish I had posted something along these lines when I saw he was asking for sponsorship it might have helped stop these people losing a lot of money.

Guest oufc1

A few years ago I think it was Billy Davies first year in charge of Foxhhole he signed for us, and immediately money started to go missing from the changing rooms. A video camera was set up in the changing rooms and he was caught red handed going through his team mates pockets stealing money. He was made to repay all the missing money and banned from the club for life. I wish I had posted something along these lines when I saw he was asking for sponsorship it might have helped stop these people losing a lot of money.

Not your fault Dave, dont think that at all!!

However, i can imagine him being on the end of a few big tackles on the pitch should he be down in cornwall again playing football......and hopefully a few other "big tackles" once hes inevitably inside......as it seems he will continue to offend!!

Guest goalmachine999

RIGHT LETS GET THING RIGHT AND OUT IN THE OPEN. THIS WHOLE TOPIC IS GETTING SILLY SO THINK ITS TIME THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY IS OUT. IT AINT RIGHT IM BEING MADE TO LOOK A WHEN ALL I WAS DOING WAS TRYING TO BUILD A FUTURE IN FOOTBALL FOR MYSELF!

IN JUNE 2009 I WENT TO A TRIAL WHERE I WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO GO TO AMERICA IN SEPTEMBER. I DID NEED TO GET 6500 POUNDS TO GO TO PAY ALL MY FEES.I DONT ALL I COULD TO ACHIEVE THIS. I NEVER SET OUT TO CON PEOPLE OR GO AGAINST THE LAW IN ANYWAY.I WAS KNOCKING ON DOORS, WRITING LETTERS TO BUSINESSES AND IT WAS PUT IN THE NEWS PAPER ALL FOR THE RIGHT REASONS. WHEN KNOCKING ON DOORS I CAME TO THE BARBERS HOUSE WHERE THEY GAVE ME A DONATION OF 3.00 THEY THEN OFFERED ME TO DO SOME JOBS AROUND THEIR HOUSE AND GARDEN FOR THEM TO EARN MYSELF SOME MORE MONEY. DURING THIS TIME I WAS STILL OUT GETTING PEOPLE TO SPONSOR ME. A WEEK LATER ME AND MR BARBER HAD A DISCUSSION WHERE WE SPOKE ABOUT HOW I WAS GETTING ON. I SAID I MAY LOOK INTO GETTING A LOAN. HE IMFORMED ME THAT HE WAS A FINANCIAL ADVISOR BEFORE RETIRING! AND HE WOULD LOOK INTO FINDING ME A GOOD DEAL. WHEN HE HAD DONT THIS HE CAME BACK TO ME WITH A COMPANY CALLED FLM THEY ARE A COMPANY THAT REQUIRE A GUARANTOR. I DID NOT ASK HIM OR MAKE HIM BUT HE SAID HE WOULD!!!! WITHIN DAYS THE LOAN HAD BEEN SORTED AFTER A NUMBER OF PHONE CALLS AND DISCUSSIONS ABOUT PAYMENTS. THE CASH WAS PUT INTO HIS ACCOUNT AND HE GAVE ME THE CASH. WHEN THIS WAS ALL SORTED I WAS STILL 2500 OFF THE TARGET I NEEDED TO HIT. I THEN FOUND OUT THAT THEIR WAS GOING TO BE NO MORE SPACES TO GO THAT YEAR. BUT HE COULD SORT IT FOR THIS YEAR. THE GAURANTOR HAD KNOWN THIS AS HE WAS ALWAYS INVOLVED IN WHAT I WAS DOING AND HOW I WAS DOING THINGS. IN THE NEXT WEEK I HAD BEEN OFFERED A NEW JOB IN CARING WHERE I NEEDED A REFFERENCE. MR BARBER AND HIS WIFE WROTE ME A GLOWING REFERENCE WITH WORDS LIKE "HARD WORKING" AND "TRUSTING" ON IT. WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THINGS LIKE THAT IF NOT MENT? I HAD BOUGHT A CAR IN THIS TIME WITH MY LOAN MONEY AS IT WAS MY MONEY AND IN MY NAME. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO STATE THAT THE BARBERS ARE NOT OUT OF POCKET WITH ANY MONEY AS I PAY MY LOAN EVERY MONTH WITHOUT FAIL!!!! WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS I NEVER HAD MUCH CONTACT WITH THEM AS I WAS WORKING NIGHT SHIFTS IN A CARE HOME. BY NOW I HAD THE POLICE KNOCKING ON MY DOOR AND ARRESTING ME FOR THIS. I HAVE ALL EMAILS FROM SOCCER ICON THAT CLEARLY SAY I WAS OFFERED A POSITION. IT WAS ALL TAKEN TO COURT AND TWISTED. NEWSPAPERS LIKE TO MAKE THEIR OWN STORY UP TO MAKE PEOPLE LOOK AS BAD AS THEY CAN THATS WHERE THEY EARN THEIR MONEY.

I WAS THE ONE THAT ELECTED FOR IT TO GO TO CROWN COURT BECAUSE I BELIEVED AND STILL DO THAT IM NOT IN THE WRONG TOTALY. ILL STAND UP AND SAY I COULD HAVE DEALT WITH THIS ALOT BETTER. BUT TO HAVE MY STORY PUT OUT THE WAY IT HAS IS TOTALY WRONG. I HAVE MADE MISTAKES IN MY LIFE AND UNTIL NOW WHEN THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME I HAVENT WOKEN UP BUT ILL TELL YOU SOMETHING NO ONE WILL WORK HARDER TO PUT THINGS RIGHT AND TO CHANGE MORE THAN I WILL!!!!YOU PEOPLE THAT WANT TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON THIS SLAGGING ME OFF CAN CARRY ON BUT I WONT LET IT BOTHER ME ILL GET BACK UP AND GO FORWARD IM 21 I HAVE A LIFE AHEAD OF ME ILL DO WHAT IVE GOT TO DO AND MAKESURE THIS DONT HAPPEN AGAIN!! I MAY WELL GET SOME HARSH TACKLES THIS SEASON BUT ILL GET UP AND CARRY ON WITH MY GAME. IM LOOKING FORWARD NOW NOT BACK.

WELL THATS MY STORY OUT NOW YOU PEOPLE CAN JUDGE ME THE WAY YOU WANT TO BUT IVE BEEN BIG ENOUGH TO COME ON HERE AND SAY MY PIECE. THEIRS ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO A STORY!!

Edited by Dave Deacon
Language

A few years ago I think it was Billy Davies first year in charge of Foxhhole he signed for us, and immediately money started to go missing from the changing rooms. A video camera was set up in the changing rooms and he was caught red handed going through his team mates pockets stealing money.

funny no mention of this from goalmachine .....

Guest fernando

Come on Jamie, what about the thefts, from the changing rooms at Foxhole? Also in previous posts as Goal machine you claim not to be Jamie Tipton!Now you are speaking as him, do you actually realise when you are lying?

Think the best thing for you to do is stay in Torquay!!!!!!

Surely if you had a place lined up for the following season, you would still need to raise a lot of money nearer the time, so why go and blow a significant chunk of what you had already borrowed on a car? Surely now you will have to borrow/or raise even more? I think I'd be aggrieved as well, and start to question what your motives were. Football or 'soccer' in the States is developing very quickly. Why would they be looking at (with the greatest respect to players at this level) a step 7 player, when there are many youth team players released by professional clubs who still fail to gain scholarships/contracts out there?

With regards to all the other comments, it seems you don't really learn. I wouldn't want you anywhere near my changing room. Either you are incredibly naive, or know exactly what you are doing, which makes you a pretty unpleasant individual. It seems many on here have already decided which catagory you fall into, and may give you an indication to the treatment you may receive if you decide to play football in Cornwall this coming season.

Think the best thing for you to do is stay in Torquay!!!!!!

Think he should disappear altogether.. These are not allegations, with film footage proof he is a disgrace to cornish football and i for one would be glad for him to stay away, then to top it off he has the cheek to come back on here trying to defend actions that he has been found guilty of by a court and judge..... SHAME ON YOU.!!!!!!

Footballer Con-Man AKA Tipton you posted this comment as well!

"cornish blue yes im using a paypal account for any monies to go into. and being ex navy if i do not raise enough money to fund my dream i will donate it to HELP FOR HERO'S".

Why the car and not Help the Hero's as you said in your post? All your digging for forgiveness will get you nowhere!

Like the young man who urinated on the War Memorial you should be named and shamed nationally

SHAME ON YOU.!!!!!!

Guest oufc1

What a chump this fella is!!

Even if this is true and you have done nothing wrong, stealing from the guys in your own changing room is disgusting, ive been a victim of a changing room being done over and nothing is worse.

Have you anything to say about this then tipton?!

Maybe these guys brought it on themselves leaving money around?

Guest oufc1

Just been on the website for Soccer Icon, it talks of scholarships......i may be wrong but isnt a scholarship funded by the college you attend?!!

Guest fernando

Dave, do you still have a copy of the video, this surely should be handed to the Cornwall F.A and even the police, this player should be banned from all Football not just from Foxhole. The Judge at the Crown Court stated he would have given Jamie a prison sentence if he could! Maybe this evidence would help. Also did anyone on the forum donate any money to Jamie, if so, have they recieved it back?

PEOPLE LIKE TIPTON MAKE ME SICK !

ASSUMING THE JUDGE DID ACTUALLY HEAR ALL SIDES OF THE STORY THEN i CAN MAKE MY OWN JUDGEMENT - STAY OUT OF CORNWALL AND NEVER COME NEAR THE CHANGING ROOMS AGAIN !

I REMEMBER WHEN FOXHOLE WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEFTS FROM THE CHANGING ROOMS, I LEFT MY STUFF IN THE CAR AND TURNED UP ALREADY DRESSED FOR FOOTBALL. AT THAT TIME WE HAD NO IDEA IT WAS "ONE OF THEIR OWN". SHAME ON YOU FOR BRINGING DOWN THE REPUTATION OF FOXHOLE FC.

THE JUDGE FOUND YOU GUILTY AND MADE MENTION OF YOUR NASTINESS, HE HAS SUMMED UP YOUR CHARACTER VERY WELL.

WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN !

Just read the West Briton report I suppose the Ebay frauds which he asked to be taken into consideration/admitted wern't his fault either!!!!

Considering he used "Our forum" to appeal for money/con people perhaps our administrators might feel like cancelling his account on here.

Disgrace.

Just read the West Briton report I suppose the Ebay frauds which he asked to be taken into consideration/admitted wern't his fault either!!!!

Considering he used "Our forum" to appeal for money/con people perhaps our administrators might feel like cancelling his account on here.

Disgrace.

HE'S A SHAMELESS SHAPESHIFTER WHO TRIES DO DISGUISE HIMSELF UNDER ASSUMED NAMES SO WE WILL ALWAYS BE PRONE TO CRIMINAL BEHAVIOUR, ESPECIALLY UPON THE MORE VULNERABLE, FOR AS LONG AS WE ARE A PUBLIC FORUM.

I DOUBT IF TIPTON WILL SHOW HIS FACE AROUND HERE FOR A WHILE, HE SPENT MORE TIME ON THE SUSPENSIONS LIST THAN ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD AND I WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED IF ANY CLUB WOULD ACCEPT HIM AS A PLAYER.

Perhaps some of the Devon folk on here should be told and send the message around their own county. Shouldnt be a case of "not in our back yard" They should be warned a thieving little scumbag in their company.

P S Surely too gain a scholarship you would need some football talent?

RIGHT LETS GET THING RIGHT AND OUT IN THE OPEN. THIS WHOLE TOPIC IS GETTING SILLY SO THINK ITS TIME THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY IS OUT. IT AINT RIGHT IM BEING MADE TO LOOK A WHEN ALL I WAS DOING WAS TRYING TO BUILD A FUTURE IN FOOTBALL FOR MYSELF!

No let us get this right. You have made yourself look like a (As you have put it) by putting yourself in the situation and taking advantage of people who were doing a decent and noble thing of helping what they though to be a talented person achieve their dream, not make them look like fools!!!!!

Try and build a future?? next time you want a donation I will donate a few bricks, so you can build your prison cell yourself!!! :SM_carton::SM_carton:

Your a Disgrace to Cornwall and Cornish Football :SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Edited by Dave Deacon
Language

• 2 weeks later...
Guest watcher

Whatever Jamie Tipton may or may not have done, it's interesting that there's so much public condemnation for his behaviour, and general agreement with the Judge's view that he'd have liked to send him to prison.

Ironically there is of course a much more prominent, prolific thief and football-related conman in our midst, whose actions continue to devastate the lives of literally hundreds of people across this County and much further afield.

Let's hope he gets the same Judge when his time comes.

Whatever Jamie Tipton may or may not have done, it's interesting that there's so much public condemnation for his behaviour, and general agreement with the Judge's view that he'd have liked to send him to prison.

Ironically there is of course a much more prominent, prolific thief and football-related conman in our midst, whose actions continue to devastate the lives of literally hundreds of people across this County and much further afield.

And that is ? :ninja:

Heaney?!?!