Cornwall Football Forum

looking 4 a new club to manage

spencer welch has left lanreath football club and is now looking 4 a new team to manage .i was at lanreath for 3 seasons and took them from div 3 to div 1 also been in 2 duchy cup finals 09 and 10 season .also took them in to the eastern section of the junior cup final this season againts looe and lost to them in the replay. so if you r looking then ring me on 07725466011 thanks spencer welch

spencer welch has left lanreath football club and is now looking 4 a new team to manage .i was at lanreath for 3 seasons and took them from div 3 to div 1 also been in 2 duchy cup finals 09 and 10 season .also took them in to the eastern section of the junior cup final this season againts looe and lost to them in the replay. so if you r looking then ring me on 07725466011 thanks spencer welch

With a record like that I think Kenny will be phoning from Anfield shortly! (or should I say shorty??!!) :yahoo:

Guest Stopgap!

Yes but what did he actually win ?

And how did he treat players that were loyal to him at cup finals ?

Until you have been a Manager, you have no clue as to what is involved.

Unfortunatly, sometimes, the most loyal players are not the best players,

particularly in a final. In a final you have to play your best squad.

The rest of the time you must reward loyalty, because you will need that

player one day.

I don't think you will get far 'dissin' Spence on here, he deserved to be

treated better.And those of us, Managers, that know him, know what hard work

he put in. Believe me, it is endless!

TRICKSTER,

I have to agree with STOPGAP, you will have to go a long way to find another like Spence who clearly has been S**t upon from a great height :SM_carton:

I hope he finds another club who appreciates what he and the players achieved in a short period of time

And I agree with Stewart - that's a first! :smiley20:

I have no problem with spenc i just beleive bringing players down from as far a field as Chester to play in a final is disrespectful to players, who turn up for him week in and week out and i know these players feel the same way. as it happened in the cup final last season and again this season, Spenc put all his energy in to rejigging a squad, last summer that was more than good enough as it was and in my opinon lost the core of the team come the end of the season anyway and hence a poor league finish and no trophies.

As for trying to get a responce Mr Mchugh couldnt be furthur from the truth this forum is set up for people to post their opinion and that is purely what i do.

Stop Gap having been and still being a mananger and coach that has won trophies at both local and national level and abroad i am more than qualified to comment.

Spenc no offence meant to you you did a great job and worked extremely hard for the club no one is disputing that, but to not win the league or a cup this season or last means the season was not a succeesful one for you and thats all im trying to say.

Fair point well made but there are ways of voicing an opinion without upsetting

1) People who work very hard and have to make tough decisions,

2) People who are looking to turn clubs into viable well supported clubs with local interest and

3) People who are reading this forum just trying to get an idea about which club to play for, support or get involved with for the coming season.

MQ

I have no problem with spenc i just beleive bringing players down from as far a field as Chester to play in a final is disrespectful to players, who turn up for him week in and week out and i know these players feel the same way. as it happened in the cup final last season and again this season, Spenc put all his energy in to rejigging a squad, last summer that was more than good enough as it was and in my opinon lost the core of the team come the end of the season anyway and hence a poor league finish and no trophies.

As for trying to get a responce Mr Mchugh couldnt be furthur from the truth this forum is set up for people to post their opinion and that is purely what i do.

Stop Gap having been and still being a mananger and coach that has won trophies at both local and national level and abroad i am more than qualified to comment.

Spenc no offence meant to you you did a great job and worked extremely hard for the club no one is disputing that, but to not win the league or a cup this season or last means the season was not a succeesful one for you and thats all im trying to say.

trickster 22

you seem to be very interested in liskeard and lanreath . it seem to me that you turned up for preseason training at both clubs and couldnt get into either team .you sound very angury towards both teams.

and as for spencer not getting any were and winning anything ,i think and so do many others that he has had a very good season this and last as he got lanreath promoted again and another step closer to the first team thats my own opinion

Guest Skippy8

Most cup finals require the players to of played a certain amount of league games prior or have played in previous rounds so I don't believe this to betrue else he would of been expelled from the competion!!! That didn't happen did it???

Most cup finals require the players to of played a certain amount of league games prior or have played in previous rounds so I don't believe this to betrue else he would of been expelled from the competion!!! That didn't happen did it???

All of Spencers team players would have been eligable to play any of the cup or league games. Lanreath second team achieved promotion for the last three seasons and have played in three cup finals that i know of. Thats not a bad record. Trickster can you name the player from Chester cos i follow Lanreath and dont know of any player that comes from that area. Spencer would have put out the best players available to him at the time. He has some 30 plus players available to him that he can call on. Because of work commitments injuries etc the majority of his first choice players were not available to him and many of them had played 8 games in under three weeks. As many a manager will tell you cup matches are a very different game to play than league games. Spencer is very loyal and honest to all of his players and they have mutual respect for each other

I gave up playing a longtime ago to concentrate on coaching and managing at a high level, but i do take a keen interest in Liskeard and lanreath as i have friends and connections with the teams previously.

I have no hard feelings towards either club i just wish people were more realisitic about the ability of players locally instead of bigging them up all the time.

Im not trying to upset anyone i believe Liskeard first team have a very good mananger, and lanreath firsts now have a very good first team setup that will be extremely suceesful, i am not going to name the player that travelled down as he asked me not to and i will respect his privacy.

As for Lanreaths 2mds being closer to the firsts the two teams were furthur apart and more divided this season than they have ever been on and of the pitch.

I gave up playing a longtime ago to concentrate on coaching and managing at a high level, but i do take a keen interest in Liskeard and lanreath as i have friends and connections with the teams previously.

I have no hard feelings towards either club i just wish people were more realisitic about the ability of players locally instead of bigging them up all the time.

Im not trying to upset anyone i believe Liskeard first team have a very good mananger, and lanreath firsts now have a very good first team setup that will be extremely suceesful, i am not going to name the player that travelled down as he asked me not to and i will respect his privacy.

As for Lanreaths 2mds being closer to the firsts the two teams were furthur apart and more divided this season than they have ever been on and of the pitch.

You cannot name the player cos he doesn't exist as far as we know. Maybe the player himself will to reveal who he is. After all he has nothing to hide or fear.

Guest Stopgap!

I know Greeny and Shaun used to travel down for the so called BIGGER games such as cup finals.

Now THAT is commitment. If a cup final is not a BIGGER game, what is?

and like said previously, they must have played other games to qualify to play in a final.

I know Greeny and Shaun used to travel down for the so called BIGGER games such as cup finals.

Just to clear things up about these two players. Shaun Hockin played 3 league games in 2008, never played in cup matches and Greeny is a committed second team player who has played regularly for Spencer for the past three seasons and will hopefully play for him again this coming season.