Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Rowett insurance league cup final result

The Rowett insurance league cup final for the ECPL was played today at the Kimberly stadium between Plymouth Parkway and Torpoint Athletic.

Result:

Plymouth Parkway 4-2 Torpoint Athletic

What a tremendous result for the 2nd string from Plymouth Parkway FC, congratulations lads, now go for the Runners-up place.

The Rowett insurance league cup final for the ECPL was played today at the Kimberly stadium between Plymouth Parkway and Torpoint Athletic.

Result:

What a tremendous result for the 2nd string from Plymouth Parkway FC, congratulations lads, now go for the Runners-up place.

Not much on here about the game, who scored, good game? result would suggest it was.

Result:

Not much on here about the game, who scored, good game? result would suggest it was.

Not sure of the scorers, all I know Torpoint were leading 2-1 at half time, couple of tactical changes at half time. It is shame no one else has got on to discuss the game, we are guaranteed this forum would have been red hot if Torpoint had one, claiming the double etc.

Result:

Not sure of the scorers, all I know Torpoint were leading 2-1 at half time, couple of tactical changes at half time. It is shame no one else has got on to discuss the game, we are guaranteed this forum would have been red hot if Torpoint had one, claiming the double etc.

Exactly. Couple of tactical changes by who? Ricky Cardew that went wrong or Danny Cole that went right?

Guest Turkish

Great game to watch. Torpoint dominated the 1st half Parkway the 2nd. Not sure about the tactical changes as from what i saw all of Parkway's were forced changes and Torpoint made changes at 3-2 which i think were a bit too late as Dean Cardew and the other lad who came on caused lots of problems. Lewis Young for me was the difference between the 2 sides with his finishing as Torpoint should have been 3 or 4 up at half time although they will feel hard done by as the Parkway left back should have been sent off for his foul on Darren Hicks being the last man and only got booked. Parnell played well for Parkway and deserved his goal even if the Torpoint keeper should have saved it as he should have Parkways 2nd. All in all good game and maybe now Parkway can put a bit of pressure on Torpoint for the league?

What a great game to be involved in. The highs and lows were fantastic, up and down throughout the game especially for myself. Possibly the most enthralling game ive ever played in.

True say Torpoint dominated until we equalised then i feel we were the driving force even though i was to blame for not tracking my man for the second goal. However, we fought back like true champs and always felt we could turn this around and once we took the lead we defended fantastically and countered intelligently thus creating Simon's goal and the wild one on one that was missed.

Just maybe we can pressure Torpoint to drop points in the league and then who knows?

Out of curiosity, where can i find the pictures from 'The Cornish Guardian'

Good result but no chance of taking the league off Torpoint, they've only got to win 2 games haven't they?

Realistically they have the points on the point and only have to win 2 from 4. However, I am in contact with a couple of them and they still feel the job is not done. Its more than likely theirs though.

It was a really super game and could of gone either way . well done Parkway on the win and well done Torpoint for the entertaining game. as for the player whom Turkish believe should of been sent off . you can not be dismissed because you are the last man . It has to be an obvious goal scoring opportunity, and as the next thing Darren Hicks would of done in my oppinion would of been a cross then he was rightly cautioned, so the Referee was correct in his choose of cards. as for the game it was a cracking match which advertised the ECPL well and over all the discipline from both sides was brilliant only two cautions in a cup final is very good. no nastiness at all.

once again all credit to Parkway and Torpoint and good luck to them both for the rest of the season.. :drink: :smiley20:

it definately was an excellent game with two good sides. I felt the scores as the game went were fair.

Torpoint dominated the opening 20 mins and got there deserved goal. After that tho torpoint seemed to get a bit nervous that they were a goal up and then parkway started to settle in to the game. After parkways equaliser came torpoints penalty which was not a sending off. As the defender went to ground the ball seemed to run through to the parkway keeper off a heavy touch, as to whether or not this was off the defender it was hard to see but even if assuming the touch came from the striker Hicks, he didnt have the ball undercontrol so it could never have been a straight red. Maybe 1-1 would have been the best score line at half time but 2-1 to torpoint it was. Early in the second half Torpoint had a couple of good chances to increase ther lead but failed to do so. As soon as parkway got there second goal it looked like there would only be one winner. Parkways pen was cast iron after the midfielder was clipped twice while entering the area. Excellent pen and hatrick by young. Then with torpoint huffing and puffing but not getting anywhere, an excellent cross found the injured parnell who headed in.

Again a fantastic cup final, not the usual edgey 1-0, cancel each other out cup final with a scrappy goal.

Shame Andy B didnt get to see the game, he's usually the first to be on here commenting on the torpoint and parkway results?

it definately was an excellent game with two good sides. I felt the scores as the game went were fair.

Again a fantastic cup final, not the usual edgey 1-0, cancel each other out cup final with a scrappy goal.

Shame Andy B didnt get to see the game, he's usually the first to be on here commenting on the torpoint and parkway results?

I was there, half an hour before the game and up until the final whistle. Would of liked Torpoint to of lifted the Cup but no such luck.

Great game to watch and did the best team on the day win - Yes.

There's only about 5 on liddsonline. It was a cup final, where are the rest?

Why dont you speak to someone from the club - they will help you. no need to go through a web site

At least there are photos on the Parkway website, a guy from the Cornish Guardian refused to take a photo of the Parkway team before the start of the game as he was only interested in the Torpoint team. Even at the final whistle, was still not keen