Cornwall Football Forum

Any fixtures??

Wow... what can i say, thought this was a forum but seems with nearly 20 views but no help it looks more like an online football newspaper, I know someone willl say check the mitoo site but usually oldasitgets puts up a fixtures list but nothing this week..... can anybody help out at all ?? :c: :c: :rolleyes:

Wow... what can i say, thought this was a forum but seems with nearly 20 views but no help it looks more like an online football newspaper, I know someone willl say check the mitoo site but usually oldasitgets puts up a fixtures list but nothing this week..... can anybody help out at all ?? :c: :c: :rolleyes:

Sorry, travelling and been a little under the weather. Fixtures this week;

St Blazey v Tremough [ Final ] St Dennis Referee: Keith Houghton

Assistant Referees: Mark Ashley Shaun Edge

4th Official: Larry Marsh

Division One

Gloweth United v Booters Malpas Park L. Mitchell

Threemilestone v West Cornwall Threemilestone Playing Field M. Carter

Division Two

M/Pad United v Penzance Astro Park PARK ROAD A. PRICE

Shortlanesend v Culdrose Star Malpas Park N. Jewell

Wendron v Tremough Two D Baxter

Storm Vs Crowntown will not take place

Hi Oldasitgets, do you happen to know the kick off times? I may go and watch the Shortlanesend v Culdrose match at Malpas Park as my lad isnt playing this Sunday.

Thanks in advance.

West Cornwall Sunday League games k.o. at 10.30 am unless both teams and the referee agree to an alternative. (Very rarely happens.)

Guest Danmc

Wendron 1 - 5 tremough 2.

wendron scored the first goal mid way through the first half, an in swinging corner made its way into the goal, with a little help from the wind. second half tremough dominated restricting Wendron to counter attacks. a curving run from the ice man cutting in past two defenders before a ferocious deflected shot made it one a piece, next a headed goal from an in swinging corner. Hugo Newton Smith, centre back, scored a wonder goal from the right side of midfield approx 45 yards screamer, and was then mobbed by his team mates. tremough's fourth, another good run from the ice man cutting in from left mid, slotting it past the Wendron keeper, only to see his goal snatched by the ungracious chris hoare, who went on to finish the scoring with a placed shot into the left hand corner of the goal. Wendron put in a dignified a performance and we thank them for the sausage and chips and wish them well for the rest of the season. :smiley20:

Tremough MOTM - Lee Slater, brave centre mid performance.

mpad utd 2 v Penzance Astro Park 1

At 10.20 the referee and ourselves were wondering if the game was going ahead as there was no sign of Penzance, but gradually they arrived with the last two players running on to the pitch as the game was about to kick-off. I think we're going to have to leave really early to get down there in time for the rematch. I'd forgotten how far it is!

A great win for us after being 1 - 0 down at half-time after a defensive mix up had let them in. Although we felt like we had enough chances to be ahead at that point. A penalty from Darren Griffiths a couple of minutes after the restart restored parity. The game then seemed to be heading for a draw until Mike Cudlipp played in Pete Brewer to slot home with about 10 minutes to go.

Probably a harsh result for Penzance, but we were pleased to have grabbed such an important win.

Wendron 1 - 5 Tremough Two

Well another great first half performance from wendron but again, lack of players still so again no subs.

One day will get a full team with subs to spare... The players gave it there all but feel a little robbed here but tremough battled well and deserved it on the day, second halves are always crucial cos players getting tired and no fresh legs means all 11 gotta battle through it. :clapper:

Wendron at half time 1-0 up and good team talk at half time keeping the heads up but credit to tremough they never stopped coming at us and eventually got the equaliser and another soon after, once the third went in heads dropped and to be honest i think tired legs in the end against a tough team that never let up. :blink:

Thanks to the lads at tremough for a great game and best of luck for the season but yet still to play them again if there is enough time left.... <_<

Also thought the ref could of had a better game but they have good days and bad ones like any normal person, we aint all perfect ( present company excepted ) :thumbsup:

P.S. for the first time this season i do feel we have been robbed..... £27 for a ref..... :o :o

MPAD Utd 2 PZ Astropark 1

7.15am Wake up after 2.75 hours sleep (I know, I know.. great preparation) :drink:

7.30 Make my 3 yr olds breakfast

7.45 Just about keep my cornflakes down while getting kit, water bottles, balls etc ready

8.00-9.00 Lost an hour there :blink::lol:

9.15 Meet other 8 players at tesco, skipper injured so 7 fit players plus 1 meeting us on way

9.25 Up to 10 players!

9.30 One more raised from the ether so we're off!

Another Sunday morning starts well but, hey, at least we show up for our games ;) . Apolgies to Mpad for the late show, but even with no warm-up, our skipper/top goalscorer in goal and our keeper up front we somehow contrived to take the lead through said keeper about midway through 1st half. Great finish Anger! Mpad played some decent stuff but we held on until half-time and some of them seemed to be getting a little feisty with each other, so was looking pretty good.

Then, early in 2nd half I'm facing my own goal just on the edge of the box. The ball comes out (not too sure how, remember I might actually be asleep by now!) bounces up off my toe and hits my elbow from underneath as my arms are tucked into my body. Fairplay to Mpad, I didn't hear much appealing but the ref's view through my body is obviously pretty good so it's a pen. :o Well tucked away by the Mpad striker and we're all square.

Later in the half we have a penalty shout declined as "it was ball to hand".. Hmmm, consistency is the word that springs to mind.. That's football though, I guess. Mpad did work hard though and got their winner late on after a defensive mix-up from us.

Well played Mpad, I reckon you probably just about shaded it and deserved the points. Look forward to the rematch at ours, minus the hangover and lack of sleep.

Astro scorer

Andrew Davison (Anger)

MOTM - Neil Richards

MPAD Utd 2 PZ Astropark 1

7.15am Wake up after 2.75 hours sleep (I know, I know.. great preparation) :drink:

7.30 Make my 3 yr olds breakfast

7.45 Just about keep my cornflakes down while getting kit, water bottles, balls etc ready

8.00-9.00 Lost an hour there :blink::lol:

9.15 Meet other 8 players at tesco, skipper injured so 7 fit players plus 1 meeting us on way

9.25 Up to 10 players!

9.30 One more raised from the ether so we're off!

Love the pre-match prep! How is everyone going to cope when the clocks go forward this Sunday?!?! :wacko: