Cornwall Football Forum

F.A. Appeal - Newquay AFC v CCFA Result

Guest RedDel

After an hour long hearing at the Devon FA HQ at Newton Abbott today, Newquay AFC's appeal against the charge relating to the St Austell Incident last October, was upheld. All records are to be expunged and no costs awarded. The hearing was held in a very professional and meticulous manner and I would not have had any compliants about the process however it had turned out. The 45 minutes waiting for the verdict were very nerve wracking and hopefully the club can now move on.

Derek Cherry

Secretary, Newquay AFC

Quite right too. CCFA really don't know what they are doing. In fact The FA should pop down to Bodmin and start asking some questions as to why those supposedly in charge of the game down here are (1. Not respected and (2. unrepresentative of most clubs in Cornwall.

Well done to the Newquay club for fighting the charges and winning.

Quite right too. CCFA really don't know what they are doing. In fact The FA should pop down to Bodmin and start asking some questions as to why those supposedly in charge of the game down here are (1. Not respected and (2. unrepresentative of most clubs in Cornwall.

Well done to the Newquay club for fighting the charges and winning.

your right we have always been run bye a load of numpties,couldnt organise a bun fight in a bakery :blink::blink: B)

The answer is simple.

Stand for the CCFA Council and then you can blame no one but yourself for the quality of service.

The people are there because YOU allow them to be.

Any one can stand, but no one can be bothered. You just need two clubs/leagues to propose you and then there has to be an election. It's a democratic process.

As far as I can remember there has only been one contested election in the last 15 years.

The answer is simple.

Stand for the CCFA Council and then you can blame no one but yourself for the quality of service.

Dosn't excuse the awful decisions they made, the players got off too lightly and the Newquay club should never have been charged. At least the SWPL had some balls.

The answer is simple.

Dosn't excuse the awful decisions they made, the players got off too lightly and the Newquay club should never have been charged. At least the SWPL had some balls.

Sounds like comments the Judge would make!! :P :clapper:

The answer is simple.

Sounds like comments the Judge would make!! :P:clapper:

yes it might be ,but if he did he would be right :drink:

Bill,

how do you go about standing, who would you have to apply to and is there a closing date ?

To apply it needs a proposer and a seconder from a club or league in that Division. You apply to the CCFA. The real answer is to collect more seconders than half the division's voters. Then an election isn't needed.

I'll look up the closing date.

The problem is that you can only stand in the Division you live in and there are no maps to let you know which area your're in.

It would be excellent if there were an election in EVERY Division. There would be a few people worried about their blazers!

So who actually votes? Is it the clubs in the division or is it the old boys network?

Each Club and League in the Division gets one vote each. There are no other votes.

It's possible to be certain of election by getting more than half the eligible clubs and/ or Leagues to second the nomination. I suppose the CCFA could insist on a secret ballot but there wouldn't be a lot of point if enough had already signed up for a candidate.

It would be so much healthier if more people stood for election. If the existing councillors were re-elected, at least they'd have a vote of confidence. If they didn't, well it would send a message.

Like MPs they'd need to do the job properly to get re-elected.

Several Council members are very unhappy that there is no change. it would be much healthier if there was a steady turnover of Council members. At the moment it's rather like a "job for life".

I'll post the closing date for this year's elections. The closing date is "as the Board shall prescribe each year". I'll try and find out.

'spose i'll have to see if I can find a club to propose me. Anyone else want to join me?

Thanks for that Bill, I've had a think and I have only one more question, if you put yourself forward can you still play football whilst being an officer ? and do you know who our current officer is ?.

I would like to put myself forward and Perranporth will propose me , I know alot of you managers and secretarys post and read on here, how many would be prepared to second me either post or message me and lets see what response we get,........... I'll just go and get my blazer out of the loft :D

Thanks for that Bill, I've had a think and I have only one more question, if you put yourself forward can you still play football whilst being an officer ? and do you know who our current officer is ?.

I would like to put myself forward and Perranporth will propose me , I know alot of you managers and secretarys post and read on here, how many would be prepared to second me either post or message me and lets see what response we get,........... I'll just go and get my blazer out of the loft :D

Good for you John, it would be good to see some young blood on the CCFA who are in touch with the game. This is not having a go at the CCFA as I know they work hard for the game but they do get it wrong sometimes. If it wasn't for my career outside of Cornwall I would look to be more involved.

If you need another club to propose I can propose it through my committee as well to second you.

I'm sure forum members would also back you.

Richard